Best MLB stadium for beer ('15)

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by BBThunderbolt, Apr 3, 2015.

?

Which stadium has the best beer selection?

1. Phillies

2. Mariners

3. Padres

4. Tigers

5. Pirates

6. Twins

7. Reds

8. Giants

9. Angels

10. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (7,915) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

The past few years it's been generally accepted that the Phillies have the best ballpark beer selection, with the Mariners pretty close behind. Last year the M's added a Cask station with 2 hand pumps, and Firkin Fridays. This year they've added another Cask station and added yet more craft options. Here's a local blogs report on the selection at Mariner Stadium. Who gets your vote? Let the discussion begin, Go Cards!!

http://www.washingtonbeerblog.com/beer-at-safeco-field-2015/

Damian74 and draheim like this.
  2. CityofWind_brew

CityofWind_brew Devotee (412) Jan 15, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Cubs, because wrigley field has the 2 best brew choices in all of baseball... Old Style and Old Style Lite!

3. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

And that's why they didn't make the poll. Maybe you'll get 'em next year.

4. Jacobier10

Jacobier10 Poo-Bah (2,370) Feb 23, 2004 New Jersey
    Society

5. WheelsPSU

WheelsPSU Zealot (578) Aug 25, 2013 New Jersey

Citi Field is a bit better if you interested. BrewYork New York did a write up on it last year

http://brewyorknewyork.com/post/81316163305/citi-field-welcomes-more-craft-beer-yankee

FrancisT and RBowers like this.
  6. Professor_Yeesh

Professor_Yeesh Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2014 California

My baseball team the Oakland A's carry Coors Light :slight_frown:

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  7. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

Hey, if it makes ya feel any better, Coors Light is the "Official" beer of the Mariners. So, don't give up hope.

Jacobier10 and Professor_Yeesh like this.
  8. raulstotle12

raulstotle12 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2014 California

What about Dodger Stadium...Syke!!!!!

9. PuppyClawz

PuppyClawz Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2014 Maryland

This article makes Camden Yards sound way better than it is. They did away with the Firkin Fridays mid summer. They do have some local beers and Rebel IPA in 16 ounce cans. I only found those on the club level. Also Dempsey's Brew pub beer is awful. Maybe it will be better this year. They really push the Natty Boh :grimacing:.

StartedwithSAM and BBThunderbolt like this.
  10. Jacobier10

Jacobier10 Poo-Bah (2,370) Feb 23, 2004 New Jersey
    Society

ecpho, ceeg and kmbeer like this.
  11. Alpha309

Alpha309 Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2014 California

I am going to have to agree with this. At a game I don't really care about what I am drinking, it is more about the game. Wrigley keeps it simple. Sitting out in the sun in the bleachers is the best baseball experience there is, even if the team is awful, the bleachers are always fun.

There really is no reason to have casks or sours or bottles of anything.

fx20736, fredmugs, chcfan and 2 others like this.
  12. Boverhof3

Boverhof3 Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2006 Michigan

The wife and I have been to the Cardinals, Royals, Twins, Brewers, Reds, Pirates, Tigers and Nationals in the last 4 year.

The best at each has been a ice cold Budweiser and a bag of salty peanuts. Hands Down!

13. offthelevel_bytheplumb

offthelevel_bytheplumb Devotee (402) Aug 19, 2013 Illinois

Wrigley also carries Goose now that Bud has become the official sponsor of the Cubs.

As far as Comiskey is concerned, there's a pretty wide selection of beer there (much more than Wrigley), but I'm sure that other ballparks have it beat.

Loops, 5EKF and BBThunderbolt like this.
  14. cherche

cherche Meyvn (1,140) Mar 27, 2013 Washington
    Trader

based on my experience i have to say the padres have it the best but the mariners are catching up...starting bringing in two new casks every game last year and a wider selection...this year they are going to have beer floats...

15. Tripel_Threat

Tripel_Threat Poo-Bah (2,928) Jun 29, 2014 Michigan
    Society Trader

Love seeing my Tigs at Comerica, sipping on a Dirty Bastard and enjoying some bacon on a stick.

Reportedly, "sipping' the dirty bastard" will cost you ten bucks behind Hockeytown Café. *Womp wooooomp*

CaptCleveland and Billydoughnuts like this.
  16. Grodd87

Grodd87 Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2014 Pennsylvania

I know it is not pnc park lol

KnightRider, Preluderl and McMatt7 like this.
  17. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Poo-Bah (3,102) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Society Trader

I will send you a tap list pic from Great American Ballpark in a few days so you can decide:slight_smile:

walterk, LeeEvolved, mwa423 and 6 others like this.
  18. mgcouriers

mgcouriers Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2015 California

My Padres' have a pretty good spread at Petco park. Last I was there they had varieties of Ballast Point, Green Flash, Stone, and Iron Fist on hand. There were about 6-8 good beers on tap. Padres looking good in 2015!

19. jsrose16

jsrose16 Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2014 Illinois

Doesn't the brewers have new glarus at miller park?

20. JayORear

JayORear Meyvn (1,228) Feb 22, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

ElijahSF, Bosoxfan20, NAPO and 4 others like this.
  21. Beav42

Beav42 Initiate (0) Sep 13, 2007 Pennsylvania

Agree about Dempsey's being awful, especially galling at ballpark prices. Free State Pub, lower level, third base side, has a decent selection of 8 MD crafts. Full pour, I believe 16oz, maybe 14oz was $8 last year. Especially good deal when a natty pounder in the park goes for the same price. If your team gets to the playoffs, be aware that any local brews you're used to getting in the stands (not concession tap handles) aren't allowed to be sold because they're not the "official beers" of the mlb playoffs. Stella's usually available though. (Pause for laughter)

aratcliffe and PuppyClawz like this.
  22. RKP1967

RKP1967 Aspirant (289) Sep 26, 2010 Virginia

Sorry, wrong website.

Geuzedad, LeeEvolved, UcDru and 2 others like this.
  23. Monkeyknife

Monkeyknife Poo-Bah (3,204) Jan 8, 2007 Missouri
    Society Trader

I knew the Cardinals would not be an option. Sadly, ABInbev still has a lot to do with what is available.

24. Texasfan549

Texasfan549 Poo-Bah (2,799) Feb 26, 2011 Texas
    Society Trader

I went to a Giants game last year. A bar connected to the stadium (although the entrance was outside) had Nelson on tap. My cousin and I drank that until we couldn't walk straight!!

25. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (443) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

I wish I could get f'n two hearted at Fenway....

Newport_beerguy likes this.
  26. Tony_T

Tony_T Initiate (0) Mar 28, 2015 Connecticut

If there was a poll of the "Worst MLB stadium for beer" …..

Bonsall_Phil and Jacobier10 like this.
  27. HectorB

HectorB Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2013 New York

Any good beer at the Nat'l's park in DC?

28. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,629) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

CBP is pretty good , victory, Troegs, dfh, flying fish. Decent good too, just lousy baseball.

wonothesane42 and eagles7251 like this.
  29. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

I refuse to concede that the Phillies (or the Eagles ) have the best anything!!!!!!

couchsitta likes this.
  30. zestd

zestd Disciple (343) Jan 18, 2013 Idaho

Bale Breaker shared this stadium shot in Seattle.

Although a curious choice in a non-regional offering.

snohojimbo, dogbert617 and nc41 like this.
  31. Bigrock

Bigrock Initiate (74) Feb 4, 2013 Texas

Rangers ballpark not too bueno for beer. Bud kicked Coors to the curb last year, so goodbye to my Banquet beer. Shiner Bock and Shiner Ruby Redbird are available as a poured bottle into solo cup, but even at that, it's a three day hike to the stand from where I usually sit. I did see a stand with some local Texas craft, but was with non-drinking family at the time, so I didn't investigate. It's a four hour drive for me to get to games, so I don't get to check the fare out all too often. Upside...I take my own DD with me, so I will be checking out the new offerings soon.

32. HunterSBeerson

HunterSBeerson Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2014 California

33. denver10

denver10 Poo-Bah (2,956) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico
    Society

Coors Field

for the loss....they keep me happy by offering Odell's 90 Schilling (and Dales Pale Ale), but they don't offer much else. I suppose its kinda cool they got the Sandlot there, too bad I don't like the beer.

tylerstravis likes this.
  34. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Meyvn (1,468) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Thanks I was trying to figure out what to open next, you picked it for me!

Texasfan549 likes this.
  35. strohme2

strohme2 Meyvn (1,041) Nov 3, 2007 Michigan
    Trader

@hobobumguy, Speaking of…anything special tapped for Opening Day?

please say yes

36. rockernino

rockernino Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2014 California

Petco is doing it right. I was able to conveniently grab a pint of Big Eye IPA in several locations in the stadium. They also had two "craft beer bars" sections in the stadium. And that was 2-3 years ago. I'm sure by now they've expanded their selection.

37. Treyliff

Treyliff Poo-Bah (4,575) Aug 10, 2010 West Virginia
    Society Trader

Redlegs have really stepped up their game recently. Can't wait to check out the selection at the All Star game this summer.

38. VashonGuy

VashonGuy Meyvn (1,152) Mar 7, 2013 Washington
    Trader

I understand that the AT&T Park Public House is pretty good. But if you're anywhere actually inside the stadium, the situation is pretty dreadful. I've been to a couple of games with seats in the upper deck, and almost all of the beer stands up there have nothing but macros. With a lot of looking, I found one micro alternative without having to go several flights down to the Public House. That's pretty bad in my book.

A friend in the know tells me that Giants management knows they have bad beer offerings, but they are locked into long term contracts with the biggies that prevent them from making craft beer more available. Sounds like typical anti-competitive behavior by the big guys.

In contrast, the Mariners park has many many choices on tap at any aisle in any part of the park.

39. SaisonRichBiere

SaisonRichBiere Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2011 Michigan

I'm pulling for the home team here. Detroit has a Michigan Craft beer spot, that does Firkin Fridays. Good casks on Friday games, and a cool selection of good stuff from around the state. They've also been known to have Black Note, Hopslam, and KBS on at times as well. Decent gastropub-inspired stadium food is available to go with the beer. Dynamite selection for any stadium IMO. No matter where I sit, I make the trek to the MI Craft Beer counter.

40. Franziskaner

Franziskaner Poo-Bah (4,523) May 27, 2005 Missouri
    Society

Regarding Busch Stadium, here's a cool map of where to find craft beer. It's a couple of years old, so might need updating:
    http://m.stltoday.com/entertainment...5b89-b0a1-b78e4508113c.html?mobile_touch=true
    O'Fallon, Schlafly, Urban Chestnut, New Belgium. If they would just add Perennial or 4 Hands...

Monkeyknife likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.