Beverage Warehouse in Winooski

Discussion in 'New England' started by tmbgnicu, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmbgnicu

tmbgnicu Devotee (490) Mar 15, 2014 Pennsylvania

I am making the drive to Bev warehouse two Saturdays from now(8/1) from PA specifically for Heady and SOS(and hopefully other stuff as well). It's been too long since I've had both and I'd love to get a good quantity of Heady and a few 4pks of SOS(it's my wife's favorite beer). I'm about 6 hours away and I plan to leave my house around 3am to get there before 9(they open at 10 if I am not mistaken). My question, to people who have been there, is will that be enough time? I know they go full cases of heady to the first few people in line and the trip would honestly be a waste if I wasn't able to score a full case. If anyone could shed some light on the situation for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

2. DrunkyBuddha

DrunkyBuddha Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2014 Connecticut

Two weeks ago I got there at 820 and I was #25. I think you got to leave way before that! Honestly in order to get there for a case, I would leave around midnight!

tmbgnicu likes this.
  3. smanson56

smanson56 Crusader (794) Feb 15, 2014 New Hampshire
    Trader

Given the summer crowds I think you might want to leave about an hour earlier to be safe since the brewfest was this past weekend the crowds might not be to bad that weekend. I'm camping in Burlington that weekend not sure if I'll try to hit the release or not have gotten away from standing in lines lately given that Night Shift, Lord Hobo and Trillium are only about an hour south of me.

tmbgnicu likes this.
  4. tmbgnicu

tmbgnicu Devotee (490) Mar 15, 2014 Pennsylvania

I was worried about it not being early enough and it sounds as though i may be right. Any experience with the midweek releases? I'd miss out on SOS, but I'd imagine getting there later wouldn't be as much of an issue.

5. BruinsDude325

BruinsDude325 Initiate (0) Oct 18, 2014 Connecticut

I was planning on going Saturday for heady. Put up a similar post and got a lotta feedback. Need to be there by 7am from what others had said. Per bev warehouse on Twitter only he first 5 in line get a case. I ended up just setting up an IP trade. Just offered a local to buy me the case of heady before I get up there and I would reimburse them fully as well as give them a 4-6 cans of Julius and that got it done.

tmbgnicu likes this.
  6. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

If you're at hunger mountain at 8 on thursday you should be good to go, then head to bev warehouse for their 10am drop if you want heady, or warren store for lawsons. You can also hit a ton of other smaller locations in the burlington area on thursday. Then back to hunger mountain for their sip drop around noon. Thursdays have always been the best day for a day trip for me, tons of heady drops, and hill won't be as busy compared to a saturday.

Ken_P and tmbgnicu like this.
  7. KCropp

KCropp Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2014 California

This was really helpful. I am heading up that way Thursday morning and was hoping to track down the usuals. Any suggestions for Thursday morning if beverage warehouse is sold out shortly after 10am?

8. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

They will sell out shortly after 10. If you are not there before ten you may not get any. Hunger mountain switched their heady release to 8am, and montpelier is about 45 minutes from winooski. I don't know as many details on warren store, but i believe they sell sip and lawsons bottles at 10 thursdays and i know they recently dropped the limits to 2 4 packs and 2 bottles pp. if you are looking at other heady locations use heady spotter, and check all the retail locations with google maps, it will stick around the smaller stores a little longer but limits will be lower. U save in south burlington, then the liqour store across the street.

9. TambaTime

TambaTime Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2015 Pennsylvania

Not to hijack the thread, but since the conversation has shifted a bit to midweek drops:

I'll be in Burlington on a Tuesday morning in a few weeks. I know Heady cases go on sale at 10 a.m. Tuesdays at Beverage Warehouse, and I was planning to get there a little before that (9/9:30ish). I'm assuming the line doesn't start forming nearly as early as it does on Saturdays, but should I plan to get there a little earlier to be safe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.