Birmingham, AL - Beer/Bar recommendations

Discussion in 'South' started by Charliechu, May 25, 2018.

1. Charliechu

Charliechu Aspirant (224) Jul 1, 2013 California
    Trader

Heading out that way for work, only stay for two days. Any good spots to check out on a Thursday night?

-Charlie

2. KMitch

KMitch Disciple (321) Aug 29, 2012 Alabama
    Trader

Check out Trimtab and Ghost Train if you are short on time.

3. DukeViking

DukeViking Initiate (16) Apr 11, 2017 Florida

Second those recommendations. Also, check out Hop City, the best bottle shop in the city with a great tap list. All three places are close by, and not far from downtown.

JuliusPepperwood likes this.
  4. JuliusPepperwood

JuliusPepperwood Aspirant (209) Jul 21, 2013 North Carolina

5. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (1,573) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Premium Trader

Ok must have caught Ghost Train on a bad nite when I was there, only 2 of their beers were on tap, everything else was coming out of cans. I really enjoyed Cahaba, went there 2 days, but it was more of the vibe than the beer. Good People had a really nice set up and the beers were all very solid. Avondale has a really nice setup, hit the sour room one day and enjoyed everything I had and then hit the main brewery the next day and they were having a concert outside, very nice venue. The death of me was going to J.Clyde's late one night, was in walking distance of my hotel, easier walking there then walking back. Ended up doing a tasting of BA beers, I paid for that the next morning. Jackie Brown's has damned good food and beer and if you are in the mood for Ramen check out Bamboo on 2nd. Enjoy your trip, I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 days there, and pretty much walked everywhere with exception of Avondale and Cahaba.

ALHOPLOVER and JuliusPepperwood like this.
  6. Charliechu

Charliechu Aspirant (224) Jul 1, 2013 California
    Trader

Thanks for the recommendation folks! If anyone is open to setting up an IP trade while im there, let me know. Have plenty of Sante (including clubs, RR,BL, speedway variants and others).

-Charlie