Great Britain Blackpool Beer

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Richard-de-Beer, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard-de-Beer

Richard-de-Beer Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2013 United Kingdom (England)

I'm off for a week in Blackpool on Monday (work and pleasure) and would welcome any recommendations for decent pubs selling decent ales and any micro-breweries. I will be without a car so nothing to far away or not reachable via public transport.

Cheers, Cin Cin, Santé, Prost,
    Richard

2. Richard-de-Beer

EmperorBevis likes this.
  3. EmperorBevis

EmperorBevis Poo-Bah (3,092) Sep 25, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

I've been trying to piece together them as Blackpool is a short train ride from me
    and it does involve selecting by area, choosing Blackpool then googling them to find out they shut down.

So far all I have managed to gleam is the local Wetherspoons,
    I what with my dad being a crown green bowler if he still goes to the big comp in Blackpool
    and where he would drink there as the pub it is held at hasn't had cask since the 60's

4. Darwin553

Darwin553 Initiate (67) Jan 5, 2009 Australia

Oh well, if anything else, at least you have guaranteed the OP a cheap feed! :D

5. CwrwAmByth

CwrwAmByth Poo-Bah (1,708) Jan 24, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

Beer & a burger ftw

6. reprob8

reprob8 Initiate (94) May 22, 2008 United Kingdom (England)

used to go to Blackpool for Union Conferences up to about 10 years ago, beer choice was dire.

EmperorBevis likes this.
  7. Richard-de-Beer

Cheers All,
    Looks like a bus ride out to Poulton-le-Fylde or down to St. Annes. :(

8. EmperorBevis

EmperorBevis Poo-Bah (3,092) Sep 25, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

I don't like being judgmental but I reckon a lot of Seafront publicans & landlords ended up in pubs because they couldn't handle a B&B and have little to no love or knowledge of beer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.

Learn More
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.

Learn More
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Learn More