Blueberry Tasting / Bottle Share

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by kfernandez3, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfernandez3

kfernandez3 Initiate (73) May 12, 2013 Connecticut

A couple guys in my tasting group have thrown around the idea of doing a full on blueberry tasting. Wanted to get suggestions of what to include. Lambics and sours are clearly a front runner and thus far we're thinking:

Blaeber, Cascade Blueberry, Little Sal, Beauregarde, Flora Blueberry, Upland Blueberry, Mainer Weiss.

Any other thoughts? Perhaps a different style. Any good blueberry stouts out there? Open to suggestions on other brews that you ladies and gents love.

Cheers

2. mctizzz

mctizzz Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2010 California
    Deactivated

Adjunct Professor w/ Blueberries

3. jwheeler87

jwheeler87 Initiate (0) Oct 27, 2011 Massachusetts

Darkhorse Tres Blueberry Stout. Great Stuff. Maybe try different blueberry ales too like Wachusett just to see where people rank them.

4. luwak

luwak Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2010 Arizona

I've wanted to do this for a long time. But i cant get the Cantillon....
    And then also a peach/apricot event as well. These so many options there

Obviously the whale of these beers is Kuhnhenn Bluebery Eisbock (id say even more so that Blabaer)

I liked Justin Blabaer and theres a wine barrel version of it too.

This is probabaly unattainable unless you have European friends but im sure it's good (the whole series is good):

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/13307/84627/

You have to include Sea Dog just for the lols.

Ive heard this is pretty solid (though the ratings seem to disagree).
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16043/84897/
    at least youd have a blueberry stout option

and of course, go nuts:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/search/?start=0&q=blueberry&qt=beer

Post pics when you do it (use clear glasses so we can see the blue/purple colors)

kfernandez3 likes this.
  5. SickOfTebow

SickOfTebow Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2010 Virginia

Ithaca Lebleu

KevSal, utopiajane and luwak like this.
  6. luwak

luwak Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2010 Arizona

And i cant believe i forgot Ithaca's LeBleu !

that stuff is awesome!

7. kfernandez3

kfernandez3 Initiate (73) May 12, 2013 Connecticut

Great suggestions. Thx for quick feedback. So thus far our group has Mainer, Little Sal, Cascade, Beau. I know this isn't the ISO / FT forum but if any of you have any of the aforementioned, feel free to shoot me a BM and chat.

Love the ideas of Ithaca (can't believe I forgot that either), Kuhn, Dark Horse, and Adjunct. Much appreciated!

8. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

If you want to break up the sours, you can go with the interesting My Blueberry Nightmare.

9. SLOCruzin

SLOCruzin Initiate (163) Sep 30, 2013 California
    Trader

I am doing similar with Strawberry. I've got Farmers Reserve #3, Dogpatch Strawberry, Cascade Strawberry, and SARA Cask Strawberry. Was maybe going to grab a Hannsens Oudbeitje (sp?) and seek out an Upland Strawberry. Stoked for it, but a few of these have been held hostage too long with this in mind.

10. cyrushire

cyrushire Initiate (0) May 25, 2012 Florida

That's a horrible beer that is in fact a sour. it's like balsamic vinegar and vomit. Probably one of the worst things I've consumed and easily the worst purchase Ive ever made.

11. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

I had to look up my rating and you are correct. I thought I remember it being a stout with berry and herb qualities.

12. cyrushire

cyrushire Initiate (0) May 25, 2012 Florida

it says its a stout... that's how i was fooled into buying it. horrible horrible beer. i literally still have nightmares about it.

13. anticipation23

anticipation23 Initiate (0) May 2, 2013 Wisconsin

Blu Bu Weisse... 'nuff said.

kfernandez3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.