bootleg fireworks 3rd edition

Discussion in 'New England' started by dental, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dental

dental Savant (1,190) Apr 2, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

i saw this at my local store and it's definitely been delivered over the last 2 weeks, so it hasn't been sitting on the shelf for a long time. i know it was added to the database on here last june and there were ratings/reviews from the summer.

has this been showing up in other places recently or has this been sitting in some distribution center for the last 7 months or so? i definitely didnt see 3rd edition anywhere around south shore MA last summer.

2. Auror

Auror Pooh-Bah (1,641) Jan 1, 2010 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah

They used the same leftover cans from before for a batch this November. Not sure if there's been a newer batch than that, but I'm guessing these might be from then. There should be a date on the bottom of the cans?

3. jhavs

jhavs Grand Pooh-Bah (3,563) Apr 16, 2015 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

We have them in NH in the last few weeks. I didn't check for a date.

VABA likes this.
  4. dental

dental Savant (1,190) Apr 2, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

nothing on the bottom of the can. i read somewhere that the date is below the bottom of the 9% abv listing...but it's totally unreadable. so you're probably correct on the leftover cans. it doesnt taste bad or anything, just different than 1st and 2nd edition. thanks!

5. BeerHere978

BeerHere978 Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2016 Massachusetts

I got this in my local shop (Boston metro west) in June, and then it popped back up in late November. I expect it's just a new canning run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.