Bootlegger's Knuckle Sandwich

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by 1424IpA, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1424IpA

1424IpA Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2012 California

Had a few questions..when was it last brewed? Still around? When will it be available again? Are the bottles dated? Thanks in advance.

2. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Pundit (880) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Trader

Most recent release was last month, it's on tap at their tasting room but I think they're out of bottles and def not doing growler fills. Bottles haven't been dated in the past but I haven't picked up any of the most recent batch to confirm that's still the case.

3. 1424IpA

Pretty widely distributed in LA area though correct?

4. dcgunman

dcgunman Pooh-Bah (2,608) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

You can always call them. They will answer all your questions. And I do believe they are open till 11pm.

5. 1424IpA

Tried that, no answer straight to corporate business line. Tried all 6 extensions as well. They are open til midnight, does me no good in Paso Robles.

6. pdmoore714

Trader

Can't say I've ever seen KS bottles anywhere except the tasting room. I'm sure others will correct me, but widely distributed it's definitely not.

7. 1424IpA

I was just looking at their distro map and hoping that included KS. THANKS.

8. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

I constantly see Knuckle in the bottle shops around the area when it's released.

I hear that the last batch was small and brewery draft only - no bottles. Next bottling will be around end of January/beginning of Feb if I remember correctly.

Justinsosmart and 1424IpA like this.
  9. pdmoore714

Trader

Bottles were on sale around Xmas, confirmed on their instagram account @bootleggersbrew.

10. Earlycsquid

:shrug: Okay. either way that was not a big release as per what they said on their social media accounts. It was just a small batch. Bigger one was coming soon.

11. USMCretired

USMCretired Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2012 California

I will go there on Monday and give a field report.

12. Altoid

Altoid Initiate (0) Jun 1, 2013 California

Happened to be in the area so I stopped in Wednesday. I asked when they were bottling it next, and they said in about two weeks. They didn't have an exact date, but said watch their social media. Didn't ask if it was in house or being sent out.

They had far out IPA, picked up a few bottles to try. Reviews seem good but I haven't tried it yet. Trying it tonight.

13. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

Just drink the superior Far Out instead. Or don't. So I can.

UnknownKoger likes this.
  14. PeterJ

PeterJ Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2012 California

It goes to bottle shops for sure. Bootleggers makes sure its a huge pain in the ass to get and makes sure to remind you they're doing you a huge favor by letting you buy it.

15. 1424IpA

u know of any bottleshops in specific i can send my brother to, he lives in riverside but is willing to drive a little for me.

16. Earlycsquid

Ramirez usually gets a boat load of it in Pico Rivera.

17. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa Maven (1,456) May 19, 2011 California
    Trader

Exactly how do they do that?

At one point in time when Simcoe hops was hard to get, and they released a much smaller amount, KS would be given first priority to stores that stocked Bootlegger beer. That was at least a year or two ago.

Now, they make considerably more KS and Bootlegger brews are pretty widely distributed throughout SoCal. I just put my money on the counter and they give me the beer. Don't know about that 'they're doing you a huge favor' shtuff.

#17 Vanlingleipa, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  18. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa Maven (1,456) May 19, 2011 California
    Trader

Pretty sure El Cerrito Liquor in N. Corona carries it when available. Probably sells out pretty quickly there. You're probably better off to call the Bootlegger's office during normal biz hours.

#18 Vanlingleipa, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  19. dcgunman

dcgunman Pooh-Bah (2,608) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

When KS 1st was appeared in the OC it was pretty easy to get at the brewery or at local bottle shops. But it was kinda like Citra. Caught on real quick. Lines waiting at the door on day of release. It had toned down a lot since those days. Today, when released it will be in their coolers for awhile before its gone. I've seen it at my local store a few months ago. I was at the brewery a month ago or so and it was in the cooler. I grabbed bottles of Lupulin Thrill instead. KS is no BIG deal to me. I'll get it when I feel like getting it. There are sooo many better ipa's out there these days. And a lot of them are from LA/OC.

20. Lostmango

Lostmango Initiate (0) Jun 29, 2013 California

I want to say i picked some up at total wine when they released in the summer. Not 100%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.