Booze Traveler

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by KACK1533, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KACK1533

KACK1533 Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2016 Massachusetts

Anybody caught this show? I seem to like it, he focuses somewhat on beer. Mostly spirits from what I've seen.

2. rfgetz

rfgetz Poo-Bah (2,712) Nov 14, 2008 New Jersey
    Society

I still (mostly) prefer the Zane Lamprey trio from the last few years.

RIP "Three Sheets"
    Good Riddance "Drinking Made Easy"
    "Chug" We Hardly Knew Ye

eLMsITYbUM and Shroud0fdoom like this.
  3. rikarmstrong

rikarmstrong Initiate (0) May 14, 2015 Colorado

Booze Traveler is awesome, and way better than Three Sheets/Drinking Made Easy.

I like Zane Lamphrey, but the immature schtick got old. Booze Traveler is way more fascinating and does a great job of diving into history and culture of certain alcohols. I wouldn't say he focuses on beer though, probably only 20% of the time.

4. CJNAPS

CJNAPS Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2013 California

I have not seen it yet, Thank you for posting this I will check it out.

5. NYR-Zuuuuc

NYR-Zuuuuc Disciple (396) Jan 1, 2013 Connecticut

Been watching episodes on demand recently, pretty good show, enjoying it. Enjoy the travel aspect of the show as much as the booze portion.

TheDuvvv likes this.
  6. eLMsITYbUM

eLMsITYbUM Initiate (68) Oct 24, 2007 New Hampshire
    Trader

It's okay, but I kind of think of it as "Zanes old show".... Or a Three sheets knockoff.

7. AngryDutchman

AngryDutchman Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2015 Pennsylvania

My favorite show this year, hands down.

8. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (2,310) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Best Bars in America on Esquire Network is also good.

9. sbh50

sbh50 Initiate (82) Feb 6, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

I really like this show. It's sweet finding out about all of the different drinks of the world and how they are made even though he mainly focuses on cocktails.

10. Mitchell57

Mitchell57 Initiate (159) Jan 8, 2013 Wisconsin

Good show, not a ton about beer. The host annoys me at times, but I tape or watch every episode.

11. Invinciblejets

Invinciblejets Devotee (477) Sep 29, 2014 South Carolina

Ok show. He is a goof tho.

12. wd09601

wd09601 Initiate (0) Jul 29, 2012 Maryland

I can never figure out the guy's accent.

13. TEKNISHE

TEKNISHE Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2011 Pennsylvania

Agree. He should host something on the E network. But I can enjoy the show while thinking the host is just okay though. Same with that Zane Lamprey show. Zane and his pal were some minor jerkoffs, but I still was able to get some enjoyment from the program.

Invinciblejets likes this.
  14. Neverdie7

Neverdie7 Initiate (156) Jun 7, 2008 Wisconsin

Ya its a good show. Alot of people throw hate because its similar to three sheets, which forever in my mind was the best drinking show at the time. But I like shows that are both funny and educational.

Rumor is Zane is working on a new internet show so we'll have to wait and see how it is.

15. ShanePB

ShanePB Poo-Bah (2,011) Sep 6, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Society

I much prefer this one to Booze Traveler. I hope they're doing a Season 3...

jvgoor3786 likes this.
  16. NDogg44

NDogg44 Disciple (388) Oct 21, 2015 Texas
    Society Trader

He's from South Boston, but doesn't exactly sound like it sometimes.

17. digitalflood

digitalflood Champion (862) Feb 4, 2011 New York
    Society

It's a great show. I didn't like it at first, but it has grown on me over time. I would definitely recommend it. He is a liquor guy and admittedly doesn't know too much about beer, but he does involve beer in the show and talk about how the local community culture has lent itself to various alcoholic drinks. Very interesting at the least.

18. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,791) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

I like the show. Three Sheets (and the Thirsty Traveler) pioneered the concept, but Jack does a good job with it. He isn't quite as much of a ham. He also doesn't play up the "I'm clueless" angle as much as the other incarnations of this idea.

JLaw55 likes this.
  19. Hesscabob

Hesscabob Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2014 Illinois

I enjoyed watching BrewDogs - Those crazy Scottish men are awesome brewers and the places they go/ brew/ things they do is entertaining. Better the first season though before it got extremely cheesy.

Favorite episode - When they travel Brussels doing random tasks at breweries to score limited edition lambics/gueuzes to make the ultimate 6 pack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.