Boston/Vermont Trip (April)

Discussion in 'New England' started by XmnwildX12, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,066) Nov 12, 2010 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hello all,

I will be coming heading out east April 18th and heading home on the 24th. So far the itinerary is staying in Walpole on the 18th and 19th, then heading to Stowe from the 20th-22nd. We will then probably slowly make our way back before we fly back on the 24th.

I have been reading through quite a few threads to get some beer ideas and have the following:

MA-Tree House, Trillium, Nightshift, Lamplighter, Mystic, Exhibit A and Jacks Abby

VT-Hill Farmstead, Alchemist, Foley Bros, Fiddlehead, Lost Nation, Foam, and keep an eye out for Lawsons releases.

So I guess I would be looking for some ideas for non beer related activities or restaurants. If I missed a brewery you can let me know, but it looks like ill be pretty busy.

2. jhavs

jhavs Grand Pooh-Bah (3,551) Apr 16, 2015 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

There are a ton of fun outdoor activities including hiking, canoeing, mountain biking/etc. It may be mud season when you are here, or there may be a foot of snow. You never know.

While in Stowe you should check out the bars and restaurants in Waterbury. Ben & Jerry's has a tour (non beer related activity).

The brewery list you have looks good. River Roost in White River Junction is one I would add.

Farmhouse Tap & Grill is a great place for a meal/beer in Burlington (after Foam).

XmnwildX12 likes this.
  3. Shaymus

Shaymus Initiate (0) May 16, 2009 Massachusetts

Non beer related events...Why?...... you've a good list...Doc Ponds & The Bench in Stowe good grub and solid tap lists

4. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,066) Nov 12, 2010 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Because I can load up on cans, go see some scenery and drink said cans.

meefmoff likes this.
  5. Shaymus

Shaymus Initiate (0) May 16, 2009 Massachusetts

you should have a bunch of fun..... enjoy!

XmnwildX12 likes this.
  6. GormBrewhouse

GormBrewhouse Pooh-Bah (2,111) Jun 24, 2015 Vermont
    Pooh-Bah Society

Up north there still may be some sugar houses operating. Some are open to the public. They are fun if you have not seen it.

XmnwildX12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.