Bottle/Can Graveyards or Trophy Collections

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by emount91, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emount91

emount91 Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2015 Connecticut

I always try my best to keep at least 1 empty vessel of every great/rare/top 250 beer I've gotten my hands on, resulting in a sweet little bottle and can graveyard (or trophy collection if you want a more positive term for the concept).

Here are some pictures I snapped after rearranging and adding the rest of my dead soldiers today, not very big yet but definitely getting there (sorry about the blurriness, still have an iPhone 5) :

Birds-Eye:
    [​IMG]

Level view (Trillium and SingleCut for dayssss):
    [​IMG]

Cans:
    [​IMG]

Growler Tags:
    [​IMG]

Also have about 6 other Trillium bottles (some in the fridge, some on the way) that need to be opened and added, as well as 2 SingleCut bottles that will be replaced with the new versions of their labels. Also didn't start saving growler tags until less than a year ago.

***If you have one of these collections, post them up! Very curious to see the sheer size and beast-content other BAs have taken down and piled up. If anyone has sweet displays that they made or purchased that enhance their collections, I might be stealing some ideas (those Trillium bottles tend to get hidden behind all the other noise)!***

(tried a whole crap ton of forum searches with different possible terms and sayings, but I do not think a thread like this exists. if it does, feel free to delete or merge.)

#1 emount91, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    josanguapo and elucas730 like this.
  2. ingchr1

ingchr1 Initiate (160) Jun 4, 2008 New York

I save Saranac bottles. I probably had about a couple dozen more with variations on the labels, but I had to let them go due to space considerations. I kept the ones I liked best. The only variations I keep are of the Pale Ale, for which I have four.

All other bottles I get my $0.05 back!

[​IMG]

3. josanguapo

josanguapo Poo-Bah (8,535) Apr 9, 2015 Spain
    Society

I store a single bottle of each style to decorate the top of my kitchen. As space is limited, I give preferente to bottles with less width. Unluckyly there are some style for which I only have access to 75cl bottles. Im from Spain, some easy-access brews from USA arent available here

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

emount91 likes this.
  4. Kevin67

Kevin67 Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2015 Arkansas

WOW, I didn't know this was a thing. I think it's kind of interesting, in a way, but I'm also curious. What/why did you start to keep empty bottles?

5. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (3,561) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Don't be judgmental.... some of us are have this 'illness'. :wink:

[​IMG]

AndyCapper and emount91 like this.
  6. emount91

emount91 Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2015 Connecticut

holy jesus, THAT is impressive.

PapaGoose03 likes this.
  7. SirBottlecap

SirBottlecap Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2013 California

Truly. And luckily not earthquake territory. Are they held in place or secured somehow, Mothergoose03?

#7 SirBottlecap, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    emount91 likes this.
  8. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (3,561) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Except for the top shelf and a few other shelves that hold various non-standard height bottles, all of the bottle fit into a shallow hole that is drilled into the shelf above it. It was precision carpentry, but I have never broken a bottle.

Cara315, DovGibor and emount91 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.