Bottle Logic Brewing (Summer 2017)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Yabu, Jul 1, 2017.

1. wolf13

wolf13 Initiate (192) Dec 11, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

So apparently a bunch of newbs for this release? Line out the door for the front bar, but we walked right up to the back bar and ordered immediately. FOMO is amazing, a bit better than last year's pre-FOMO named version. NC was good, smoother than FO with some chocolate, but not as amazeballs as I was hoping for. Still disappointed I only got one bottle, but not as much after trying it.

R1c0rtez likes this.
  2. DblDiamond

DblDiamond Disciple (370) Jul 17, 2013 Arizona
    Beer Trader

I had b2 and b3 last night at a share. First time I had ever had a FO. Sweet Jesus they're good! Both crazy marshmallow and vanilla. I think b3 was slightly better but they're both world class.

BeerBaron666 likes this.
  3. ComradePalmer

ComradePalmer Initiate (199) Jul 27, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

Just left the brewery, only got FO and FOMO but both were tasting mighty fine.

Back bar moved at a pretty decent clip and there's barely a line for bottle pickups.

I will say this though, there were more children than dogs. I am not a fan of that one bit. The beer bros need to step it up with their doggos.

4. HOPTOMIC_BOMB

HOPTOMIC_BOMB Aspirant (211) Feb 18, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Shout out to @bottlelogiclindsay for having the best customer service in the game. And FO >NC=FOMO

5. mhksuccess

mhksuccess Zealot (576) Jul 7, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

I thought release was good
    FOMO was awesome
    FO was just as awesome
    both me and my friend picked up our bottles at the same time and I collect stickers
    the girl gave us 1 FO sticker for the both of us and I asked for another and she told me NO
    the 2 of us spent $60 on tasters and we both purchased bottles and the girl told us we can split the sticker between the two of us
    How cheap can they be ? I was like WTF
    I guess that is that attitude they portray I should not have expected they would give us 2 stickers
    My bad for expecting anything

6. BeerBaron666

BeerBaron666 Aspirant (255) May 13, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

FO>NC>FOMO

mostra coffee is the most overrated shit ever

Rbarnes4381, m34josh, yokels and 12 others like this.
  7. CrazeMallise

CrazeMallise Initiate (108) Aug 17, 2016 California

I got 49 stickers

8. Dka67

Dka67 Aspirant (212) Nov 27, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

I don't get it either. Way overrated! There so many other better coffee roasters out there.

9. lanedlr

lanedlr Devotee (414) Jul 2, 2014 California
    Subscriber Beer Trader

If FOMO is anything like FS the coffee is an afterthought so shouldn't matter if it's Mostra, Portola or Stumptown.

10. wolf13

Beer Trader

We are waiting for our new puppy to get all her shots before we take her out in public. Also, wouldn't want to take her to a shitshow with a bunch of drunks in super hot weather. No puppy needs that. After it dies down (and shots), she will be there!

11. Jafix

Jafix Initiate (138) Feb 7, 2016 California
    Beer Trader

Props to the BL crew for dealing with the crowds today. I really wish people would take a bit more care in cleaning up after themselves on days like this.

12. Topnotch805

Topnotch805 Initiate (123) Feb 8, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

13. Mshea805

Mshea805 Aspirant (252) Apr 12, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

It's not, FOMO has way more coffee than FS.

14. R1c0rtez

R1c0rtez Initiate (126) Oct 5, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Can confirm the drunk Indian dude from previous releases was at BL today, saw the Beachwood thread speaking about how obnoxious he was drunk. He definitely was when I saw him at Green cheek.... Then he was plastered by the time he got to BL. Guys ahead of me whom I've never met before also noticed him and spoke how he brags about being cutoff on pours. No dude... That isn't cool whatsoever

Jfa82 and AyeDogg like this.
  15. beerdoggie

beerdoggie Initiate (126) Jul 9, 2016 California
    Beer Trader

On draft FO > NC > FOMO. However NC from the bottle tops everything! Had two pours from low fills on Monday and wow....

Also from 1030 to close tonight the line was never more than 3 minutes, often nothing at all! Great job BL crew!

16. MissFeisty

MissFeisty Initiate (141) Dec 18, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

But Mostra's coffee is so rare bruh.... :D

17. swanfungus

swanfungus Devotee (486) Dec 23, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Looks like the trio of FO / NC / FOMO are still good for pours today. Have fun and drink plenty of water, those who swing by today.

18. Jfa82

Jfa82 Initiate (191) Apr 9, 2016 California
    Beer Trader

I understand why you feel that way. The thing is, monstra gathers each bean after it passes the digestive system of a Hornswogglog.

BeerBaron666 likes this.
  19. VegasHopHead

VegasHopHead Aspirant (236) Jun 21, 2012 Nevada
    Beer Trader

Crazy, I enjoyed FOMO more then FO and NC. Coffee stouts are my fav style though, so i can be biased. NC didnt do much for me. FO when it warmed up really started to shine. Yesterday was an absolute shit show.

20. RFX

RFX Initiate (114) Feb 12, 2014 California

How are the crowds and lines today?

21. lanedlr

lanedlr Devotee (414) Jul 2, 2014 California
    Subscriber Beer Trader

2 minutes for bottle pick ups as of 15 minutes ago. Tasting room and warehouse sufficiently packed and uncomfortable.

22. Original_Fake

Original_Fake Aspirant (283) Nov 15, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I've been there many times but haven't been there since FO last year. How did you just walk up to the back bar? Did you go through the front or could you get pours by going through the back?

23. darkmoon66

darkmoon66 Aspirant (238) Oct 8, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

NC > FOMO > FO

Hopefully that Porta-Potty next to the bottle pickup got cleaned out today, cause that reeked last night

24. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Zealot (529) Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I dunno if he's just load in general. Saw him at a Monkish release, where he couldn't possibly have been drinking enough to the point of inebriation since the bar area had just opened, though I guess trunk tailgating could have been the case. Either way, yeah. Dude needs to get the talk by a group of friends who either aren't deep in their beer ticking world about perhaps dialing it back some.

25. Dka67

Dka67 Aspirant (212) Nov 27, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

How it look in that taproom???

26. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Aspirant (262) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Zero line at back bar (full pours, not tasters). About 10 deep up front - line to the bathrooms, not the front door. Way too hot no matter where you sit.

27. SoNiC21

SoNiC21 Aspirant (223) Jan 20, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

IMO NC is bomb, FO is great as always.

Yabu and Kramerwtmf like this.
  28. SovereignGood

SovereignGood Disciple (300) Jan 11, 2016 California
    Beer Trader

FO is awesome as usual. Number Crunch and FOMO are also really good, but I think FO is better without extras added.

No line for pickups and minimal line for pours right now.

BeerBaron666 likes this.
  29. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (147) Feb 8, 2017 California

Well I'm in Montana till tomorrow night so let's hope there's something leftover when I fly in.

30. Thao

Thao Initiate (123) Jun 27, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Confirmed, no line for pick up and pours are very short and doesn't accumulate 5:07

31. ComradePalmer

ComradePalmer Initiate (199) Jul 27, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

I guess this means the FOMO was strong for the FOMO yesterday.

Black_Rider and wolf13 like this.
  32. wolf13

Beer Trader

Well, you can either 1) walk through the back door and up to the back bar; 2) walk through the side door and up to the back door; or 3) walk through the front door (saying excuse me to the people standing in that line) and walk to the back bar. Literally any of the doors work to get to the back bar. I think most people just see a queue and line up for it without taking a look at the other options.

I went back today around 12:20pm, went in the side door, and waited for about 3 min. before getting my pours. The front bar line was out the door per usual.

33. MissFeisty

MissFeisty Initiate (141) Dec 18, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

All 3 were great. FO was top notch again. Despite not tasting as rare as I would like, FOMO was also really enjoyable.

34. RFX

RFX Initiate (114) Feb 12, 2014 California

FO was good. Number Crunch and FOMO were both out of this world amazing. And going today, BL did an amazing job - a good crowd, but never ran out of beer and no major wait, plus a great staff.

35. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (240) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

Loved pours of NC and FO . Definitely would be more enjoyable if it wasn't so hot inside.

Goldrush likes this.
  36. bottlelogiclindsay

bottlelogiclindsay Initiate (114) Feb 2, 2016 California

Here are some pickup stats from the Fundamental Observation release weekend I thought y'all might find interesting!

We usually close the first night of any given release weekend with around 38-44% completed pick-up ratio.

This past Saturday we closed with a 39% completed pickup ratio and considering the sizable volume increase for this release, that's wild. We closed yesterday at 50% completed pickup. While it certainly felt like it, reading into these stats confirms that Saturday saw nearly four times more pick-up traffic than Sunday. Crazy!

Thanks to all of you who braved the heat and the crowds with us, we're so grateful for your patronage and patience as we tick the final boxes of planning our expansion.

37. bottlelogiclindsay

bottlelogiclindsay Initiate (114) Feb 2, 2016 California

Whoops, I botched that second paragraph explaination -- 38-44% is what we usually hit in the first full weekend of a release, not just the first Saturday!

38. Akahoshi

Akahoshi Initiate (140) Sep 28, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Just wondering, but will the expansion also include air conditioning?

Frosty11161 and Serna714 like this.
  39. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (176) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I doubt it, I don't know anything about the operation, but industrial buildings don't put AC in warehouse space, only in the office build out. Unless this is a Hollywood studio set it is completely rare to do so, the cost to install, operate, and maintain wouldn't be financially worth it. Now the office area/tasting room is another story.

In my opinion all were great but if I had to split hairs, NC>FO>FOMO. FOMO tasted like a coffee beer and that was the only flavor I got, no vanilla or anything. Considering all the craziness on Saturday, the bottle logic staff did an amazing job. Also, local breweries benefited from the release because noble and green cheek were packed as well.

R1c0rtez, Kramerwtmf and Yabu like this.
  40. BreakingMyBalls

BreakingMyBalls Initiate (140) Apr 27, 2017 California
    Beer Trader

Never going to a first day release again. Only went on Saturday to complete some trades and maybe get a couple pours, but I couldn't even enjoy the pours I got because the warehouse was like standing in a sardine-packed sauna. Big, heavy stouts and humidity/heat do not mix. Left immediately after power-sipping pours of FOMO and FO because the heat was making the beers go to room temperature quick as hell.

That being said, I have massive respect for the Bottle Logic team for the nightmare that is dealing with hundreds and hundreds of people in a tight space like that. You guys consistently have insane release weekends like this. You all must be complete masochists. Hope the team is resting well today after this weekend, because you deserve it.

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.