Bottle Logic Brewing Thread - Spring 2017

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by AlexM, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexM

AlexM Zealot (534) Jun 9, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Today = Week of Logic Day 3 ... pouring Fundamental Summation (Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Vanilla Coffee Stout - brewed with Madagascar and Tahitian vanilla beans & Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee).

Rain in the area is forecasted over the next two days ... it'll be interesting to see how this effects the crowds - perhaps a better chance for T3 purchases.

2. Jfa82

Jfa82 Initiate (193) Apr 9, 2016 California
    Beer Trader

Help a Bro out. I tend to park pretty damn far. I was in line and some dude was saying there's an abandoned building right as you turn down Armando. Just wanted to know if anyone could confirm.

I know BL posted a pic of where one can't park, and was wondering if that pic also applied to weekdays. They only had one part highlighted red, the other parts of the map have businesses there, and was wondering if it was still okay to park in those areas?

3. ComradePalmer

ComradePalmer Aspirant (202) Jul 27, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

I wonder if the crowds will get crazy nasty for this release today. It is a stout with vanilla after all.

4. Jfa82

Beer Trader

Maybe towards the evening. The Stasis line was huge yesterday, at opening. 30 minutes later it died down. Hoping for same to happen.

5. thetastywort

thetastywort Initiate (172) Jun 2, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Agreed that after the initial rush, the line becomes non-existent. Odd that parking was still a beast.
    Also, they told me they are doing away with the T3 and going to call it Level Up.

Looking forward to today!

6. AlexM

Beer Trader

Still curious to see how many Strategy Guides were passed out on Sunday and @bottlelogiclindsay "estimate" regarding Level Up 2/3 (aka T2/T3) access for completing the Strategy Guide (I'll complete it regardless, just curious :slight_smile: )

7. Jfa82

Beer Trader

Still can't believe people are crying about this "no minors" rule. Lady, take a Xanax and shut up.

8. ComradePalmer

Beer Trader

Bahgawd there's a contingent of lawn chairs at the brewery.

9. sponger

sponger Aspirant (219) Mar 30, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

How many people?

10. ComradePalmer

Beer Trader

Line stretches back to the storage company.

11. SDReaper

SDReaper Zealot (532) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

12. AlexM

Beer Trader

About 75 people at 11:45am ... touch more than yesterday ... parking is a bitch

13. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (152) Feb 8, 2017 California

I already know who you're talking about. Apparently a family needs kids with them to enjoy alcohol at an establishment or maybe they are just shitty parents in general. That's why I have dogs.

14. ComradePalmer

Beer Trader

Security folks said at least 5,000 people showed up for Sunday. About 30 minutes into today and around 200 people have been let through the brewery so far with more still waiting outside.

AlexM likes this.
  15. j47paco

j47paco Initiate (97) Dec 19, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Can I take my kid dressed in a dog costume?

Oh2fresh likes this.
  16. homer281

homer281 Initiate (193) Nov 21, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

No but your dog dressed in a kid costume is highly encouraged.

17. AlexM

Beer Trader

Week of Logic Day 3 ... Arrived at 11:45am, about 75 people in line (so a touch more than yesterday which was 75 at noon ... today about 100 people at noon). In beer line at 12:30pm. Fundamental Summation in hand at 12:40pm.

IQBlue likes this.
  18. bottlelogiclindsay

bottlelogiclindsay Initiate (116) Feb 2, 2016 California

There were more Strategy Guides given out by EOD Sunday than we can guarantee Level II release bottles.

There's a natural fall-off to be expected and I'm still optimistic about the possibility of guaranteed Level I and II access -- just not quite comfortable enough to call it yet.

Serna714, Jafix, yokels and 3 others like this.
  19. SpecialAgentDaleCooper

SpecialAgentDaleCooper Aspirant (222) Aug 27, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

20. AlexM

Beer Trader

Thank you! Stay strong this marathon week :slight_smile:

bottlelogiclindsay likes this.
  21. ComradePalmer

Beer Trader

As I left the brewery I saw a few folks with their babies waiting in line.

Like, my dudes, it's day three of this shebang. Even if it's your firat day don't feign ignorance, you already know the deal. NO MINORS.

Jfa82 likes this.
  22. ayearetee

ayearetee Initiate (146) Nov 23, 2016 California
    Beer Trader

How was the Fundamental Summation tasting compared to FF or FO?

23. BeerBaron666

BeerBaron666 Aspirant (257) May 13, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

More coffee and less nilla than both. Quite awesome. Reminds me of red eye November bottles

ayearetee likes this.
  24. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa Disciple (354) May 19, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Coffee very upfront. Vanilla kinda lost. Very good, tho. Think I'll have to hava another to make sure. :grinning:

BeersandBread, PBRandJ and ayearetee like this.
  25. wolf13

wolf13 Initiate (198) Dec 11, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

It's excellent. Super smooth, creamy mouth feel, no alcohol heat until it warms. A LITTLE like Redeye November, except no Rye taste, better coffee and coffee flavor, and creamy... so yeah, nothing like Redeye.

BTW, I really like Redeye, but Summation blows this past year's version of Redeye out of the water.

26. wolf13

wolf13 Initiate (198) Dec 11, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Also, almost no line to buy pours of FS right now, and it is still pouring... and the rain started as well for those debating on coming over.

27. ComradePalmer

Beer Trader

Really? I thought Redeye (From the bottle mind you) had a much better coffee flavor.

BeerBaron666 likes this.
  28. AlexM

Beer Trader

Definitely less boozy / thinner mouthfeel (so that can either be a good or bad thing) ... FF is just a bigger stronger beer overall.

29. PG2G

PG2G Devotee (485) Dec 26, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Looks like a accident right as someone turned onto LA Palma.

30. Jfa82

Beer Trader

Liked summation a lot more than FF.
    Lol, so many people with kids. Didn't stick around them long enough to see what they were trying to pull. I have a 2 year old and 5 year old, before anyone gives me shit about not knowing what it's like.

31. Jfa82

Beer Trader

I was there when it happened. We were leaving and the drunk dummy in silver car tried to get by the traffic and got t-boned

AndrewSmith likes this.
  32. SDReaper

SDReaper Zealot (532) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Good, hopefully the cops were called and the driver will receive a sobriety check and fail. Need more DUIs handed out so less ppl will consider drinking and driving.

Edit: Although that does suck if he had passengers and for the car that hit him.

33. AndrewSmith

AndrewSmith Aspirant (276) Jan 27, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I thought Summation was better than Forces, great balance, perfect coffee, vanilla and barrel.

34. homer281

homer281 Initiate (193) Nov 21, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I thought BL wasn't allowing minors in this week? Or were these people waiting outside and hadn't been given the news yet?

BeerBaron666 likes this.
  35. Hype_Train

Shit like this is where a brewery need to set rules and restrictions and only allow beers that are high alcohol limited to certain amount of pours and that's it. My buddy had 5 glasses of FF IMHO he shouldn't have even drank that much regardless of how good the beer was, some people don't know their own limit.

Goldrush likes this.
  36. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Zealot (530) Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

At what point do you just blame the brewery and not your buddy's stupidity? They listed there that it's 1 per of each per person. Yeah, they didn't fully enforce it, but with that amount of folks coming in and the amount of stations, enforcing such things would be a pain in the ass and let's be honest, at what point does one take responsibility for their own stupid actions.

Oh yeah, it's a great idea to get 5 pours of a 16% beer, brah. SO RAR, GOTTA CHUG IT ALL.

TL:grinning:R, stop blaming Bottle Logic for offering heavy ABV beers and start being a responsible adult when it comes to finding a safe way back home.

Side note, a lot of cops were posted up down the block, so really, regulate yourself on your consumption as they're going to treat this as shooting fish in a barrel in terms of DUI's this week.

37. EricElle

EricElle Initiate (118) Mar 4, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

Left about an hour ago, no wait to get in and had a pour of FS all in about 5 minutes. Going right at opening is pointless

ESCO138, Hype_Train and BeerBaron666 like this.
  38. Hype_Train

Both are equal to blame on their own parts in my opinion. I wasn't there when he did it, he just told me and I just shook my head at him.

And if it took longer to handle how many beers they should n shouldn't pour, then I'd rather deal with it than deal with a drunk driver killing someone because in your view, it's just too much additional work to enforce or monitor. It's a brewery who's hosting an event, so yeah I'm sure they can squeeze in another extra added responsibility to see who's taking advantage of their heavy beers and cut them off or their bros.

39. ComradePalmer

Beer Trader

I never got the point of people bragging about having multiple pours of a beer.

Like, OK, so what?

Is this a dick waving kind of thing?

40. Hype_Train

It's purely FOMO. I did offer him a Zima to cool off but he passed out in the women's urinal.

taylordane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.