Bottle Logic Brewing Thread - Winter 2016/2017

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by beer_buddah, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ckoz

Ckoz Disciple (306) Feb 15, 2014 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Heading to Santa Ana next Monday for work for 2 weeks and would like to check this place out. I know the event is this week but how are their normal tap offerings? Any bottles for onsite consumption at all? Thanks for any tips.

2. SDReaper

SDReaper Zealot (532) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

You will probably get both sides of this, but I find their normal offerings mediocre and really not worth the time. I would rather drink IPAs down at Noble. Bottles won't be for onsite but for takeaway, they have a fridge next to the drafts, there is a 99.95% probability that you won't see any stasis series bottles in there.

3. juablu

juablu Initiate (159) Jul 10, 2016 California
    Beer Trader

Bottle Logic has been pretty good about keeping Stasis Beers on tap the past few months. You're gonna be in town right after week of logic ends so not sure if there'll be anything left. I would say their normal offerings are better than mediocre though.

4. SoCalBeerIdiot

SoCalBeerIdiot Defender (621) Mar 10, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Mostly agree with this, especially on the normal day-to-day offerings at BL when there are no events going on. Rather boring.

Where I tend to disagree a bit is on Noble having great IPAs. In the past, yes, but recently I've found them to be overly bitter, muddled messes. Great Googly Moogly was an exception--AMAZING BEER--but all their other hoppy offerings have been disappointing lately.

5. taylordane

taylordane Initiate (105) Dec 28, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

Emergent Behavior is gone

6. PG2G

PG2G Devotee (485) Dec 26, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Must not have lasted very long

7. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (152) Feb 8, 2017 California

How the fuck does a lambic go this quick but FF lasted till almost 12 last night. That makes no sense

8. PG2G

PG2G Devotee (485) Dec 26, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

FF was their anniversary beer so there was probably plenty. Maybe they used most of this for the framboise lol

9. SDReaper

SDReaper Zealot (532) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Oh, I didn't say they were great, I would just rather drink Noble's IPAs over BottleLogic's offerings. They use to be top notch, but I do agree that something has fallen a tad. I almost wonder if the "overly bitter" is actually the same as previous but all of these "juicy" IPAs has ruined our ability to drink the usual west coast beers. Mmmm....noodle scratcher there.

Now, at the end of the day, I would rather (and usually) post up inside Alesmith's Anvil and Stave in the right-most, as you look at them, blue velvet? chair. So yeah, don't sit there, I am working on my ass groove and I would hate for it to be all messed up.

10. Jafix

Jafix Initiate (139) Feb 7, 2016 California
    Beer Trader

FF was a full stasis release so there was much more of it, the other stasis beers are either encore releases (darkstar), preview kegs (single barrel probably), or variants (Jam the Radar) so there are going to be fewer kegs than something they just bottled a full batch of.

I wouldn't use FF as your gauge for how long a special release beer for the day should last.

I liked Emergent today, like it was mentioned it was a nice tart and dry base beer and I'm looking forward to the fruited version tomorrow.

For the week after Week of Logic, I think I remember the few weeks after last years to be pretty subdued on offerings. They obviously go all out for the week, and need a few weeks to recover.

PBRandJ likes this.
  11. Rollzroyce21

Rollzroyce21 Meyvn (1,028) Oct 24, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Just got back from the front lines.. both the parking and the lines were considerably more dense compared to last night. I'm guessing it's because more people are free to attend at night than during the work day. Plus, there were probably some that figured waiting in line during the day yesterday was the wrong path to take.

I didn't even bother waiting in line for DSN. Just got onto the fastest moving line to get my stamp.

ComradePalmer likes this.
  12. yokels

yokels Initiate (29) Sep 5, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

I thought I read they would be closed Sunday to recover. So all the leftovers from the week will probably be on Monday until they kick.

Ckoz likes this.
  13. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (152) Feb 8, 2017 California

Surprisingly for me the stasis line was empty compared to the ipa line which was outside the door at 9pm. But yes parking also was much more packed than before. Had to go pretty far to find a spot

Rollzroyce21 likes this.
  14. dwagner003

dwagner003 Poo-Bah (1,654) Jan 4, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Is this place expected to be absolutely nuts every night this week? I want to go up tomorrow night to pick up FF, but I hate crowded breweries.

15. c64person

c64person Devotee (417) Mar 20, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Since they are doing taps and bottle pick up in two different areas, it really wasn't that bad. Had a small wait in line on Sunday, but in total probably waited 15 minutes to get my bottles.

dwagner003 likes this.
  16. ScottWoerner

ScottWoerner Initiate (39) Jan 5, 2017 California

FWIW, yesterday I arrived at 1845. No line to get in, two minutes for Stasis pours.

Emergent Behavior was very tart, not bad for their first Iambic.

dwagner003 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.