Bottle Shop Between NOLA and Venice

Discussion in 'South' started by wcu80, Dec 26, 2017.

1. wcu80

wcu80 Devotee (403) Feb 2, 2005 Georgia

Howdy, I’m flying into NOLA this afternoon, renting a car and then driving on 23 down to Venice. I’ll have time to swing through one bottle shop on the way. I’m not looking for anything crazy, just some local ipas and such. Any recommendations for bottle shops close to the highway?

Thanks for the help!

2. NolaHopHead

NolaHopHead Poo-Bah (2,078) Mar 29, 2014 Louisiana
    Premium Trader

None off Hwy 23. But there is a very nice bottle shop just off I-10 between the airport and where you are heading. It's called 504 Craft Beer Reserve. They sell everything as singles and have a nice growler station too.

wcu80 likes this.
  3. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (4,877) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

Wow, that is way down there, always wondered what it was like to drive that way. What brings you down that far?

4. wcu80

This was exactly what I wanted. Super helpful people, awesome beers, and right on the way. Many thanks for the awesome suggestion.

5. wcu80

It’s like driving to the end of the earth. Absolutely nothing down here except ducks, fish, oil rigs, and godawful lookin women. We’re duck hunting.

Sabtos likes this.
  6. NolaHopHead

NolaHopHead Poo-Bah (2,078) Mar 29, 2014 Louisiana
    Premium Trader

Some of the best fishing in the world down there.
    Glad u found 504 Craft. Great guys running that place and promoting the craft beer culture. Good luck with the hunt.

wcu80 likes this.