Europe Bottle Shops in Praha

Discussion in 'Europe' started by BillHilly, Jul 24, 2013.

1. BillHilly

BillHilly Oct 17, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

Wife is there now and stating she cannot find any good bottle shops with Loons and 3F for me...anyone help out with a place she can go?

2. jazzyjeff13

jazzyjeff13 Nov 6, 2010 United Kingdom (England)

If your wife was in Belgium then your request might be considered reasonable.....

3. Richard-de-Beer

Richard-de-Beer Apr 9, 2013 United Kingdom (England)

There is a wine shop on Wenceslas Sq that also sells a good range beer. It is near the Mustek metro.

4. t420o

t420o Jul 16, 2009 Colorado

Didn't see either of those when I was in Praha a few months ago. Best beers I found were De Molen, some American craft, and a few Belgians, but non the likes of 3F or Cantillon.

5. Bierman9

Bierman9 Dec 20, 2001 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Is there a Praha bottle shop to get good, fresh, local Czech biers, other than Pils Urq, Staropramen, Budvar, etc.?? Danke!

Prosit!

6. jazzyjeff13

jazzyjeff13 Nov 6, 2010 United Kingdom (England)

OK, a more measured response from me :). There are two places that I know of:

The first is Pivovarsky Klub, a beer shop/bar/restaurant in the centre of Prague (http://www.pivovarskyklub.com/index/index/lang/en). I've been here and it's good - worth going to have a drink and eat something as well. They sell a range of microbrews, including Czech stuff and a range of foreign beers. This will probably be the easiest shop to get to.

The other is Pivni Galerie which is located in the north of Prague across the river (http://www.pivnigalerie.cz/index.html). You can get here by public transport if you want to seek it out. Haven't been in myself, but it has a good reputation.

When I visited I also stumbled across one or two beer shops in the centre that had an above average selection. You might just come across one by accident.

Happy hunting.....

7. mike004

mike004 Sep 12, 2005 United Kingdom (England)

I think there might now be a beer shop next door to Zly Casy. I recall seeing this on pivni filosof's blog.

But I think Czech beers should be enjoyed fresh, on tap for the best experience.

8. Bierman9

Bierman9 Dec 20, 2001 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Thnx mike and jazzyjeff... I agree about freshness and draft biers.... But just would like to possibly try stuff not readily available vom Fass in Praha... Will be there in October, first time sine '91.... Prosit!

9. Chinon01

Chinon01 Jan 23, 2007 Pennsylvania

Wish I'd have brought back some "Old Gott" semi dark lager, (0,33 l special bottles) from U Medvidku. Tasted like wine. Wonderful.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe