Bourbon County 2017

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by whatruDOINdragic, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlaviusG

FlaviusG Initiate (154) Aug 15, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

Jewel on Soutport has Regular, 5 cases or so. I noticed they raised the price to 10.99 (it was 9.99 on Black Friday)

2. DKerr

DKerr Initiate (81) Oct 23, 2017 Colorado
    Trader

2017 Prop is at Little Bad Wolf in Edgewater. 18 dollars for a FULL snifter.

BuffaloBill12 and bertram like this.
  3. DKerr

DKerr Initiate (81) Oct 23, 2017 Colorado
    Trader

*Bartender said that he expects it to kick fairly soon at Little Bad Wolf. Little spot but there are plenty of open tables and a few open spots at the bar.

4. bmr29

bmr29 Initiate (70) Apr 30, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

Arl Hts Binnys had 4-5 cases of Regular sitting out a couple hours ago. 11.99. Limit 4.

5. MikeVDH

MikeVDH Initiate (26) Nov 24, 2017 Indiana
    Trader

Any update on what the tap room has today?

6. Vitamin_Hop

Vitamin_Hop Initiate (148) Mar 26, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Isn't this the location that has some weird restrictions on selling individual bottles of a certain volume. I thought they couldn't sell singles of bourbon county, but maybe I misheard

7. JimGlonke

JimGlonke Disciple (365) Apr 27, 2012 Illinois

There is some AH ordinance about not allowing sales of single 12oz. bottles, maybe that's what you're thinking?

Coons and bmr29 like this.
  8. vrundmc

vrundmc Initiate (46) Mar 23, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

Of course it's there now. I live down the street from there but am out of town for the holidays.

9. Chris_H_2

Chris_H_2 Aspirant (266) Jan 3, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

So there were some of us talking at the Forbidden Root share the other day about making our own variants. One of the ones we mentioned was blackberry.

To circle back, and for anyone interested, last night i mashed about 8-10 blackberries at the bottom of a French press and then poured a 2017 regular and let it steep for 60-75 mins. I strained it and enjoyed. It was really, really solid. But again, I love fruited BA stouts.

Merry Christmas.

10. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Defender (629) Apr 8, 2017 Ohio
    Trader

I'm strongly considering opening a 2017, drinking half while I let the other half steep with a vanilla bean, and try that. No french press presently, but for Vanilla beans I suspect it is less important than like coconut or berries?

11. Lazhal

Lazhal Devotee (474) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

Let it go overnight or even for a few days. 1/2 a bean seems to be about right for me. A full one and the vanilla can sort of take over.

odcardinal and Beer_Economicus like this.
  12. ECCS

ECCS Aspirant (210) Oct 28, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Careful... I’ve heard you can lose all of your beer karma here on BA if you ever say there’s too much vanilla in a beer

13. Redsunsx01x

Redsunsx01x Initiate (133) Jul 5, 2016 Illinois

I let a full bean in a 3 bottle uKeg with Flecha Roja Coffee stay for 9ish months and the vanilla didn't take over. But I really like vanilla.

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  14. DarkMagneto

DarkMagneto Initiate (148) Apr 17, 2007 Illinois

Emerson's in Mt. Prospect has Coffee, Regular and Deth by Cherries still on tap. Been on tap for 3 days, not sure how much is left.

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  15. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Champion (890) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

I disliked Blackberry BCBS when I had it at GI. Was too bitter and needed sweet fruit to offset it.

16. Lazhal

Lazhal Devotee (474) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

Might just be a fruit ripeness/etc thing.

I did a blackberry + raspberry bcbs and it got too sugary and not fruity. I think high quality fruit could go a long ways.

Chris_H_2 likes this.
  17. Chris_H_2

Chris_H_2 Aspirant (266) Jan 3, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Get off my lawn.

flat_lander likes this.
  18. HouseofWortship

Trader

There is a reason that GI added raspberries to the blackberries in Bramble Rye....

19. stevegoz

stevegoz Disciple (313) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

On the Binny's tip, it was sort of soul-crushing to be in the LP store a week after BF and see a suited-up highly preferred customer at checkout be handed a box containing 4 Props, 2 Reserves and some other BC product. Double the allotment that the plebes who endured Occupy Marcey Street received. It's good to be in the 1 Percent!

20. Quilentro

Quilentro Disciple (331) May 12, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

Don’t be mad. I’m sure that bro is gonna immediately take his new tax return, buy a Lambo, and find the nearest lamp pole to wrap it around. Then, after taking advantage of the finest surgeons and medical advancements money can buy, he’ll be rebuilt into an ageless Adonis to whom supermodels flock. But, as he Randalls prop verticals through caviar and truffles, while beautiful women molecularize pappy over his crystal chalice, he’ll experience mild indigestion. Jokes on him!

¡Viva la revolucion!

21. flat_lander

flat_lander Crusader (757) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Don't you even zero-scape, bro?

Chris_H_2 likes this.
  22. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus Defender (629) Apr 8, 2017 Ohio
    Trader

Because Blackberries alone are disgusting? :grin:

Chris_H_2 and HouseofWortship like this.
  23. Wowzors

Wowzors Initiate (94) Feb 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

JP liquors in Naperville has BCBS as well as variants (no Reserve or Prop). His prices are a little whack but not unheard of. $40 Northwoods seemed to have about 2-3 cases. I am not endorsing the prices just giving a heads up if anyone is desperate.

Edit: he had coffee and barley wine but I didn't bother with pricing.

24. croush

croush Champion (803) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

If they’re gonna do that for people, they should have them pay over the phone and have it bagged up already so it isn’t for us nobodies to see.

Or, they could just not do that kind of stuff.

25. toastjeff

toastjeff Initiate (45) Mar 27, 2014 Illinois

For our Joliet friends, they're working on their keg of coffee currently. Still 12 oz. Still $7. Still in a Mason jar.

bradner and dtjager like this.
  26. bradner

bradner Aspirant (269) Dec 26, 2007 Illinois

Maybe I’ll grab some tomorrow.

27. JJH1018

JJH1018 Initiate (189) Sep 13, 2013 Illinois

I work down the street but I'm out of the office this week. Glad to see they haven't tapped Reserve or Northwoods yet.

28. macewank

macewank Initiate (171) Aug 28, 2010 Illinois

Continuing the trend of completely off the wall bars that got Reserve kegs in Bloomington-Normal...

Maggie Mileys (an irish pub that moves a lot of Guinness) and 8 Bit Arcade Bar (which has been open for < 6 months).

Weird distro down here...

29. flat_lander

flat_lander Crusader (757) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Dude. I don't think CU has even seen regular on tap yet. Maybe they're confusing you for KY :wink:

Jason1221 and macewank like this.
  30. jlsims04

jlsims04 Devotee (489) Jul 14, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Thats way too long. A full bean and a half of a bean overnight was way too much vanilla. Like drinking vanilla extract. A full bean for a few hours seems to be just right. Pop a half of a bean in it the morning before work and when you get home it seems to be just right.

31. jlsims04

jlsims04 Devotee (489) Jul 14, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

WTF. I mean good for BLNO. Love the town but seriously. WTF.

32. HouseofWortship

Trader

Instead of Black Friday, Goose should have opted to release BCBS today. I would have passed- not worth waiting in line at negative whatever we are at.

Bryan71 and IlCraftWjgman like this.
  33. Icculus38

Icculus38 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2014 Illinois

Oh, sorry to upset you poverty boy. I didn’t think anyone was spying on me.

But seriously... if anyone has $60 burning a hole in their pocket the Shitty little bodega on armitage and Oakley(ish) has northwoods.

When I asked the the shopkeeper if that was priced correctly he said “oh yaaaaa very rare very rare you can’t find....” to which I couldn’t help but start laughing and walked out as he muttered “yea I know” quietly and sadly.

Ferocious likes this.
  34. Bryan71

Bryan71 Initiate (108) Apr 22, 2015 Illinois

$30 cash on the counter and no need for a receipt and it would be yours!

35. Egotist

Egotist Aspirant (203) Feb 19, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

They used banana essence. Not sure if that's just a fancy word for extract. I think you're right about this being the first year they used extracts.

36. HouseofWortship

Trader

Banana essence can be either banana extract, or more ominous and likely given they didn't just say banana extract- synthesized banana flavor from artificial chemicals....Yikes....

37. thereal

thereal Initiate (98) Apr 20, 2010 Illinois

The banana essence tastes delicious. Gimme more essence!

38. GrumpyGas

GrumpyGas Poo-Bah (1,999) Apr 7, 2009 Illinois
    Society Trader

I found BC Reserve on tap at Chuck's Burbank. $14 for 12oz snifter.
    Nice.

39. Alex_Awesome_H

Alex_Awesome_H Initiate (50) Jan 2, 2016 Illinois

Does anyone know the status of bottles at Clybourn GI? Do they have Reserve, Coffee 16, and Northwoods for onsite?

40. Ferocious

Ferocious Aspirant (268) Nov 17, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

They have been changing bottles frequently

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.