Bourbon County Brand Stout in Texas

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by bccocx, Jan 29, 2013.

1. bccocx

bccocx Jan 13, 2007 Texas
    Beer Trader

Anyone know how far away we are from receiving this tasty stuff? They were approved on 1/10/2013. Bottles and Kegs were approved

828437 S703079 GOOSE ISLAND BOURBON COUNTY BRAND COFFEE MALT BEVERAGE 2013-01-10 GOOSE ISLAND BEER COMPANY 14.3
    828436 S703079 GOOSE ISLAND BOURBON COUNTY BRAND STOUT MALT BEVERAGE 2013-01-10 GOOSE ISLAND BEER COMPANY 15

2. Lutter

Lutter Jun 30, 2010 Texas

There's already a page of discussion in the Label Approvals thread.

General consensus is: Who knows.

PS: I'm about to open a BCBS.

3. jbeezification

jbeezification Jun 6, 2012 Texas

I have heard they are now releasing the base (not coffee or cherry) year round, so I would guess a few of their new markets will be getting it this year. Of course that is just a guess.

4. jbeezification

I really don't know how people have the will power to age this beer, while fresh it is so damn good.

ExperimentalAles likes this.
  5. bccocx

bccocx Jan 13, 2007 Texas
    Beer Trader

It's very hard to age. I received a 4 pack in December and only have one left... just too damn tasty!

6. Lutter

Yeah, it's 2012. I have no willpower.

7. mattisloco

mattisloco Feb 13, 2007 Texas
    Beer Trader

You're probably right but with 3 to 4 years it's really something special.

DonD likes this.
  8. kmello69

kmello69 Nov 27, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

I think I might be the only person whose response to BCBS is "meh". I have 6 more, and might just trade em off for something else.

9. Lutter

Ooh ooh, I'll take em. :)

Sazz9 likes this.
  10. jbeezification

meh4meh I can do a 6 pack of saint arnold santo you ship first.

thirdeye11 and Show like this.
  11. kmello69

Beer Trader

Santo is one of the worst beers I've ever had, so I think I'll have to pass. Thanks, though. :)

12. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Jan 20, 2010 Texas
    Beer Trader

BCBS isn't beer. It's trade currency.

13. DonD

DonD Jun 23, 2008 Texas
    Beer Trader

I did a 5 year vertical a couple months ago the '08 and '10 were outstanding.

Just drank another Rare this weekend. Thats a special beer.

wsnich likes this.
  14. jasonycurtis

jasonycurtis Mar 17, 2012 Oklahoma

I'll send you some Praire Noir for some!

15. jl28r1

jl28r1 Jan 10, 2011 Texas

I hope you have room in your in -box! Prepare for a flood. ;-)

16. kmello69

Beer Trader

Nah. Not a single one.

17. mhenson42

mhenson42 Nov 20, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

I already have much more BCBS than one should ever need....but still almost sent you a trade offer. i figured it was already gone though. Lol

18. crusian

crusian May 14, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

This years bcbs was pretty easy to get. Distribution and quantity were up quite a bit... to the point where it is still on shelves. Just picked up some a couple weeks ago. I hope it does come down here, I used to get a case each year... but it has been difficult the past couple years.

19. jl28r1

jl28r1 Jan 10, 2011 Texas

You have more than people who live within a mile of the brewery! ;-)

bbadger and mhenson42 like this.
  20. mhenson42

Beer Trader

Sad thing is... You probably could have replaced "live within a mile of" with "work at" and still been correct. Lol

I love this beer.

jl28r1 likes this.
  21. crusian

Beer Trader

Ooh, how much do you have?

22. mhenson42

Beer Trader

About 9.8 gallons.:) don't let anyone tell you you can't trade Freetail and JK brews.

(I have a cellar link in my profile)

H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  23. champ103

champ103 Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Beer Trader

For being easy to get, Illinois, outside of Chicago gets almost nothing I guess. Don't give me this Illinois is very rural outside of Chicago crap. There are nearly 13 million people in the state, only 2 mill are actually in the city proper. More like 5 with suburbs and all that, basically Houston. Central Illinois got maybe five cases. Two of those went to Champaign (were I grew up). Peoria, which is about the size of Austin, got very little. There was a one bottle limit per. They is not easy to get unless you are in Chicago. You can get DRs in Austin easier than Bourbon County in Peoria.

24. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Mar 12, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

So that's why you were straining carrying your cooler at JK ;)

Anybody seriously not wanting there BCBS I will gladly rat race all future JK releases for you..shit is better than great..my 4 pack from Seth lasted less than a week (with one going to Will).

25. lokieman

lokieman Jan 20, 2011 Oklahoma

A damn fine cellar I might add...;)

mhenson42 likes this.
  26. crusian

Beer Trader

Lol, got me beat this year, by far... but have you in overall total bcbs. :)

27. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Oct 15, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

I think you are referring to Cherry Rye. I know one guy in Chicago got like 13 cases of BCBS all to himself.

28. champ103

Beer Trader

Nope. I use to be able to by 2 cases just for myself. Whenever I happened back that way throughout the year. Now there are three places in town that might carry BCS (still after these few years of the new label I can't get used to bcbs). They have to fight and position themselves to get a case, and a one bottle limit. Around Chicago it sits on the shelf at Walgreens. Not so anywhere south of I80.

I don't know if Texas is getting it, how much, or when. I know it will not be in the quantities people here seem to think, if it happens at all.

29. kmello69

Beer Trader

I was just in Maryland, walked into a store, and they literally had a stack of cases just sitting on the floor (along with cases of BCBCS, Big John, and Nightstalker). Didnt seem hard to get there anyway.

30. champ103

Beer Trader

Ha, I know people in Philly that say the same thing. I still have not figured out why it is so hard to get in IL outside of Chicago. Maybe they send most of it that does not stay in Chicago out of state...shrug.

31. Krumb

Krumb Jan 30, 2008 Texas
    Beer Trader

Why? And what quantities are people expecting here?

32. ThirdEyePA

ThirdEyePA Nov 7, 2011 Texas

I've never had a BCBS, but I hope to soon. Whether it be by trade or just buying one if it does actually make it to Texas.

33. crusian

Beer Trader

I didn't get a coffee this year... have one from each past though... anyone have any they can trade? I'm heading to NC next week, Florida now, NJ, um... other places not yet set.

34. champ103

Beer Trader

For one this thread, people see the news that BCS is supposedly going year round and with the recent releases in Texas, expectations are high.

35. Krumb

Krumb Jan 30, 2008 Texas
    Beer Trader

Fair statement. But from communication with friends and partners in distribution areas....it really is not that hard to come by. Year 1, Houston-type hype. Years after, dust settles maybe?

champ103 likes this.
  36. jbeezification

Yeah they made a shit ton more for this years release and I really don't think it will be hard to get.

37. champ103

Beer Trader

Believe me, it is hard to get south of Chicago in Illinois. I don't know if that translates to the rest of the country, though it is a one bottle limit in most of its home state. If the rest of the home state can get any at all. That was not the case two year ago. That is all I know.

38. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Sep 30, 2007 Texas

You had better not. I was going to invite you over for a beer night when my Louisiana brewing buddy comes up, so you had better have 1 bottle for that. ;)

39. kmello69

Beer Trader

I also have BCBCS, Big John, and Nightstalker too. Dont worry about me not having beer to bring. :)

40. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Sep 30, 2007 Texas

I wasnt, just didnt want you to bring that IPA crap you dont like either ;) Ive got a La Muerta or 2 left but i bought a Black Ops especially to save for this occasion.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe