Bourbon County thread (NJ PA NY)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Jerseybeerlover609, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patmcd

patmcd Pundit (820) Jul 5, 2008 New York

I've seen a lot of BCS at Whole Foods, very curious about the BCBS etc. Also wondering about releases...

2. JaredSammy

JaredSammy Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2015 New York

Just for reference. Brooklyn Harvest at Union has stopped selling Bourbon County regular until Friday.

#302 JaredSammy, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Justin1686 likes this.
  3. j_nees

j_nees Devotee (305) Dec 18, 2013 Washington

Didn't want to spoil the surprise... but I heard that there might be some 2013's (clamato) cellaring in the back for lottery.

4. JaredSammy

JaredSammy Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2015 New York

For people that have been to top hops in past years, did you witness any bottle sharing in line?

5. paulys55

paulys55 Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2010 Pennsylvania

I don't know if Shangy's had it in the past but it may be a distribution thing. Bourbon County is distributed through Allentown Beverage (AB INBEV). Shangy's is almost like it's own distributor, though they do carry some of the big distributors products, so it may be a 'rights' thing or something.

6. dar482

dar482 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,039) Mar 9, 2007 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

Nope. Never witnessed any drinking on the line.

JaredSammy likes this.
  7. Adrena1ine

Adrena1ine Zealot (748) Nov 22, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

True. I just find it hard to believe they are getting none when they are supplying a few Montgomery County bottles shops with Bourbon County.

8. MisterBisco

MisterBisco Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2009 New York

Last year me and a few people shared a couple of things, but at 7:30 am, more than a few ounces of coffee stout seemed like more than enough, especially when I really just wanted plain coffee at that point anyway.

9. jrnyc

jrnyc Pooh-Bah (2,988) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Its a neighborhood. Not sure why people think it is OK for to openly drink beer in the streets of New York City just because they are waiting in line for beer.

OGShotzy, Sean227 and taestee like this.
  10. WaWaTuSi

WaWaTuSi Initiate (0) Jun 29, 2015 New Jersey

11. WaWaTuSi

WaWaTuSi Initiate (0) Jun 29, 2015 New Jersey

I miss old New York where you could go into any bodega, buy a beer, they put it in a small brown bag and you could enjoy it walking down the street....

Long gone is my "nyc"

budanoo and EvilAsh like this.
  12. 1Sundown2C

1Sundown2C Maven (1,277) Jan 13, 2012 New York

dmolz and 2Xmd like this.
  13. Fahmie25

Fahmie25 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2008 New York

understand your point, but its illegal in most places to drink outside, and for the most part every major release does have a large amount of people drinking. not saying it's good/bad, but i've for sure seen people drinking on line at the vast majority of beer releases. hell i saw a bunch of pictures of people drinking on line at zwanze at fools gold, which is right on houston...

14. lazyjc22

lazyjc22 Aspirant (281) Feb 12, 2010 Virginia

Any spots in the havertown/ardmore areas? I'm an out of towner there for the holiday and have no clue where to look. Thanks!

15. jrnyc

jrnyc Pooh-Bah (2,988) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Its not the crime of the century and we all love to share beer, but businesses get shut down when they become a nuisance to the neighborhood they are in. People who own and work at those businesses make their living there and to have some entitled beer geeks threaten their livelihood with selfish and irresponsible behavior is not cool at all.

dazedandconfused and Fahmie25 like this.
  16. Petrinoda

Petrinoda Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2015 Pennsylvania

I'm not really familiar with PA, but I would assume not. Anyone that knows about places like that around there are already on the take. Probably won't find much in those areas.

17. taestee

taestee Initiate (0) Dec 12, 2012 New York

FYI.. for those who were planning to head to OMH today, see below update from them on FB. Looks like no bottles of anything except 2015 Rare and 2013 Lolita.

"Last update. Couple of things did not make the truck.

Kegs
    Pepe Nero
    The Illinois
    Sofie

2013 Fluer bottles
    and all verticals of BCBS & BCBW

Sorry guys but it's out of our control."​

18. DrewZ926

DrewZ926 Initiate (0) Feb 11, 2010 New York

Is Rare for onsite only?

19. Puigybank66

Puigybank66 Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2015 Pennsylvania

Says everything is on site only.

20. dmolz

dmolz Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut

flights or full pours only at omh? know they said for the verts be4 that got canceled. didn't know if it was for other stuff though. (hopefully)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.