Brasserie Cantillon (2020)

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Snowcrash000, Jan 1, 2020.

1. BelgianFox

BelgianFox Initiate (49) Nov 15, 2019 Belgium
    Trader

:-) you will definitely stand out in the crowd.
    Maybe we should start a fancy dress visit.

2. Alphus

Alphus Initiate (29) May 3, 2017 France
    Trader

Today to go,
    Gueuze magnum 2015 and 2018 x1
    Grand cru bruocsella x3
    Saint Lamvinus x1
    Brabantiæ x1

3. Sheppard

Sheppard Meyvn (1,307) Mar 16, 2013 Virginia
    Trader

Heading over this afternoon, will I see any BAs?

4. jaylpsu

jaylpsu Initiate (25) May 22, 2019 Maryland
    Trader

Will be in Brussels on Thursday, anyone have most recent offerings for both in house & to-go?

5. Sheppard

Sheppard Meyvn (1,307) Mar 16, 2013 Virginia
    Trader

I don't think it's changed much since the last update.

6. Spoda1983

Spoda1983 Aspirant (266) Oct 24, 2014 Sweden
    Trader

Following the decisions of the Belgian government, Cantillon has closed their to-go sales. No restart date is announced yet.

7. Hazeknight

Hazeknight Initiate (33) Oct 16, 2018 Spain
    Trader

8. BelgianFox

BelgianFox Initiate (49) Nov 15, 2019 Belgium
    Trader

It's open as of today.

Prince_Casual, emerge077 and Redrover like this.
  9. ManforallSaisons

ManforallSaisons Devotee (434) Mar 20, 2008 Belgium

Anyone been lately? I might be in the neighborhood. (Already pretty well stocked, though, I prrrrrrobably shouldn’t…)

10. swid

swid Champion (892) Jun 5, 2004 Missouri
    Society Trader

A post on Cantillon's Facebook page mentioned that 400 3-bottle sets of Menu Pineau, Aronia and Magic Lambic will be sold online at 16:00 CEST as part of a fundrasier for three local theatre companies.

11. HighLowJack

HighLowJack Disciple (384) Jun 5, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

anyone have a recent update on selections available to go?

12. Immanuelrx

Immanuelrx Initiate (39) Jan 20, 2019 Belgium
    Trader

I was there yesterday and they have:
    Iris
    Cuvée Saint-Gilloise
    Vigneronne
    Brabantiae
    2018 Geuze Magnum

plus something new. They are offering 3L boxes of lambic. They said it doesn’t keep longer than about a month and it not meant to be stored. It’s in a plastic bag. Great price too. 3L of Geuze was 15 euro. Kriek was 22 if I remember correctly. If I have a large get together in the future I’m going to get it a try.

13. HaciendaNapoles

HaciendaNapoles Initiate (35) Sep 11, 2015 Reunion
    Trader

It's not 3L of gueuze, it's 3L of lambic, Gambrinus, or Kriek.

14. Immanuelrx

Trader

Yea your right now that I think about it. Good catch.

HaciendaNapoles likes this.
  15. andrejes

andrejes Initiate (141) Jun 10, 2011 Netherlands
    Trader

any update?? on the board

16. Immanuelrx

Trader

Board update:
    Nath (3pp)
    Mamouche (2pp)
    Brabantiae (1pp)
    Fou’ Foune (6pp)
    Magnum Geuze 2018 (1pp)
    Plus the normal 3

You can believe I picked up a 6 pack of Fou’ Foune. I have never seen more than 2pp so I had to. Cheers!

17. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Poo-Bah (3,900) Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Society Trader

I wonder if the higher limits is COVID related? When I visited in January I asked when Fou Foune would be for sale and was told they didn't know and wouldn't tell me if they did....

There were crates of Fou Foune right next to the point of sale register :slight_frown:

18. bread_c

bread_c Initiate (107) Feb 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

They sold an online package in November last year that was available for pickup through March 31st. So a portion of that Fou Foune in January was likely already sold.

That being said I’m sure fewer visits has led to higher limits / items lasting longer

19. HighLowJack

Trader

Fou was 6 per person a few years back when I went.

20. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Meyvn (1,123) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Zwanze list reads well:

[​IMG]

21. ManforallSaisons

Gueuze, kriek, rosé, magnums, fou and Nath to go today. I believe up to 6 allowed on the last two as the board listed prices for 6, but I didn’t verify because … I’m not going to get through that many this year.

yllib, riko and Spoda1983 like this.
  22. HighLowJack

Trader

I understand Belgium is now shutting down bars and cafes due to the pandemic. Anyone know if Cantillon is staying open for to go sales?

SandoKing likes this.
  23. ManforallSaisons

I haven’t verified with the brewery but there’s nothing in the rules I know of to prevent it and other shops are open.

HighLowJack likes this.
  24. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (8,190) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Anyone trying to get this Autumn package? This is hilarious. I honestly don't think it's anywhere close to sold out for the simple fact the site can't handle the traffic to let anyone thru.

25. Socalfan21

Socalfan21 Aspirant (209) Aug 1, 2013 Illinois

26. Socalfan21

Do they ship to the US? or is this for pick up only?

27. swid

Society Trader

I got a box - they're onsite pickup only, but proxies are allowed.

It's (ever-so-slightly) warming to my heart that no matter the eCommerce host, any online Cantillon sale melts servers.

core42 likes this.
  28. Sabtos

Society Trader

Craftpeak was totally demolished for at least 40 minutes.

That said...if you got through there was no shipping address, only billing, so...I assume you put Etre in the Notes box? I know someone that got thru to that screen, but it never let them pay.

core42 likes this.
  29. core42

core42 Zealot (545) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

There is a place in craftpeak for billing & shipping in the account area. That said I did not get through but have in the past & the Etre handles Cantillon is that they will ask for your order verification & copy of your picture ID then go pick it up. They will send out a link to an item to purchase in their store for pick up & handling (20 or 30 euro) then you will pay for that & shipping at the same time. If you don't normally do business with Etre (or do not receive emails from them) then I suggest sending them an email so that they know you're interested in having them proxy for you.
    You do not need to do anything in craftpeak nor contact Cantillon about Etre being your proxy

bread_c and Sabtos like this.
  30. Socalfan21

Wow I had no idea you could do this. I am going to be on the lookout next time.

31. justtaint

justtaint Initiate (66) Sep 5, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Thanks for the info. I was fortunate enough to get through, and now Etre will be my backup plan if I can't find a proxy.

core42 likes this.
  32. riko

riko Initiate (122) Jan 18, 2008 California
    Trader

Pro tip on Etre: You can add additional lambic bottles from their website to your order and fill a box to maximize your shipping value. The website calculates how full a box is, so you could start with six 750ml bottles of, say 3F gueuze, then add other things you're interested in until the box gets to 100% full (14 total 750ml bottles, a mix of 750s and 375s, etc), then remove the six placeholder bottles and buy the rest. Send Etre an email to explain and they'll add those bottles to your Cantillon order.

Another Etre tip: If you're on the West Coast and want to avoid LAX postmaster, or just want to get your bottles faster, they will ship via DHL for another 60 euro. Just search the Etre site for "DHL" and add it to your order. Last time I did that, my order arrived in San Diego 2 days after leaving Belgium.

Just know that the shipping is high and the proxy fee, while reasonable, also adds. But lambic hunting is not a poor man's sport...

33. gibson584

gibson584 Initiate (123) Dec 11, 2010 Kentucky
    Trader

If you got a pack it's just on hold for you at the brewery, you'll need to reach out to Etre to go and pick it up for you. They have instructions for this in a recent post on their Facebook page. That sale was a mess, managed to finally get through and snag one, but that was crash city. Didn't think they could find someone who could handle the web traffic worse than Billetweb, but they succeeded.

Sabtos likes this.
  34. dropkick1977

dropkick1977 Initiate (78) Jan 4, 2016 New Hampshire
    Trader

I didn't see this Facebook post. I got an email back in June saying I had to use Etre's shipping address when I made 3F orders.

Did they specify on Facebook that you have to contact them after Cantillon orders? I saw no shipping options in the Craftpeak site.

35. Sabtos

Society Trader

3F's process is much smoother and yes you do add Etre's address to the mailing address on a 3F order.

Cantillon didn't really provide any instructions, but Etre made the Facebook post about Cantillon's Autumn sale. They take care of it if you send them your order ticket in PDF and your ID, stating they will provide instructions when they pick up your box (and presumably a thousand others lol).

dropkick1977 and Affinity like this.
  36. Affinity

Affinity Aspirant (200) Nov 24, 2018 Missouri
    Society Trader

Just popped in to laugh about the Craftpeak crash. I totally expected it and like a dope I sat there for 15-minutes clicking the link to no avail. I have had similar experiences with Craftpeak before that were equally frustrating. Considering I live in Missouri and had a chance to buy Cantillon from the brewer at cost I can't be too upset though. I am happy to just have had a chance.

37. swid

Society Trader

(I typed up effectively the same thing as @Sabtos before finishing this post, so take 2 is the full content of Etre's FB post for anyone who needs it: )

---

Just a small post to let you know we will be offering the proxy service for the future Cantillon 6-pack online sale. All you need to do is send us your ticket in pdf + copy of your ID to sales@etregourmet.com. A few weeks later, we'll contact you once we've picked up your pack to explain the process (same as last time).

EDIT: We'll create/add the packaging item for this pack in a few weeks once we've picked up the first few packs. We'll send an email then and not before, thank you for understanding and your patience!

38. Immanuelrx

Trader

I tried getting a package, but like many others, I could never get through. When I finally did, it was sold out. I don’t know why they don’t do Eventbrite. Even with the Z y F box last year, Eventbrite had no issues.