Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Great Britain BrewDog Brazil

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Zimbo, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zimbo

Zimbo Aug 7, 2010 United Kingdom (Scotland)

Anyone catch the announcement about the BrewDog bar opening in Brazil?
    And anyone have an opinion on this?

2. Darwin553

Darwin553 Jan 5, 2009 Australia

Umm - good on them. When are they opening a bar in Australia? :D

EmperorBevis likes this.
  3. Aye

Aye Jul 21, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

Brilliant excuse to go bag themselves some trannies.
    'Just off to Rio for a week to sort out the drip trays pet"

Up Next they move into the Asian market with BrewDog Bang Cock

EmperorBevis and Zimbo like this.
  4. CwrwAmByth

CwrwAmByth Jan 24, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

South America produces lots of beef so I think they must have spotted a nice cash cow.

EmperorBevis and Zimbo like this.
  5. EmperorBevis

EmperorBevis Sep 25, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

They probably get so many Australians in the Aberdeen bar that they think there are none left in Australia itself :p

Darwin553 likes this.
  6. jazzyjeff13

jazzyjeff13 Nov 6, 2010 United Kingdom (England)

An interesting development. I recall reading about this quite a while ago in one of their blog posts/newsletters. It wasn't a flashy anouncement, just a brief statement. I get the impression from other threads on BA that Brazil is potentially ready for a microbrew boom - the customer demographics will be the deciding factor. I reckon Brewdog have identified the trend and have made an early move into what could be a huge market. How long before they open a brewery over there?

7. Ruds

Ruds Sep 15, 2008 United Kingdom (England)

I would imagine they'll have some brewing kit from the off. It would probably pay for itself fairly quickly when compared against importing all of the beer.
    There's talk of the 4th London Brewdog pub having some kit when it opens (Hackney rumoured)

8. CwrwAmByth

Well it would help recreate their classic dodgy consistency

EmperorBevis likes this.
  9. WhatANicePub

WhatANicePub Jul 1, 2009 United Kingdom (Scotland)

International cookie cutter chain bars are what craft beer is all about.

Cunts.

10. Darwin553

Without the british real ale drinkers' [harsh] critique...

11. CwrwAmByth

I prefer fake ale because i'm punk and edgy.

Flibber and EmperorBevis like this.
  12. Zimbo

Classic.:D

13. Zimbo

The cynical side of me thinks BD are doing this just to increase their profile before they sell out (ie a higher asking price when the time comes). Especially if they get it up and running by that big soccer World Cup in 2014.
    The optimistic side of me hopes that a BD outpost might inspire Brazilians to finally brew quality Brazilian beer for Brazilians. Which will hopefully be better than what BD produces.

14. Kirk

Kirk May 16, 2005 United Kingdom (England)
    Beer Trader

Talking with an old brewdog manager the UK is getting Sheffield, Liverpool, Sheppard Bush all before Xmas... I know they are close on signing for a Brixton premises

They also have nearly signed for Brussels

They were going to franchise in the states but have had a u turn on that and now looking to by and run it themselves as Jonny and Dean are before looking at transferring over there to work

15. Ruds

Ruds Sep 15, 2008 United Kingdom (England)

Shepherds Bush BD should be open in the next 4 or 5 weeks.

Not heard Brixton as a venue although that area wouldn't overly surprise me. Hackney was always the strong rumour.

16. Darwin553

A Shepards Bush BD? Then there will definitely be no need for Brewdog to open a bar in Australia!

Ruds likes this.
  17. Hopbomber

Hopbomber Mar 4, 2013 United Kingdom (England)

Brewdog Brazil, I could see it coming. It'll probably be in Sao Paulo. Good quality products (or even just above average ones) are prohibitively expensive throughout Brazil and in the North good quality products barely exist at all.
    Brazilian culture in RJ and SP is built on showing visible signs of wealth so if it is expensive the middle class will lap it up which is great for a brand like Brewdog that make an average expensive product.

Brazil already has 'craft' beer bars I went to a few when I was at university in Rio they are frequented by extremely wealthy people and are painfully expensive even with £ conversion, think £30 for a Trappist Rochefort 10

18. Flibber

Flibber Jul 27, 2013 United Kingdom (England)

I'll have a Brahma

19. Padraig

Padraig Jan 14, 2013 United Kingdom (England)
    Beer Trader

Any news on the London bottle shop?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe