Breweries in California that now ship

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by _pat_, Mar 16, 2020.

1. _pat_

_pat_ Initiate (54) Apr 26, 2016 California
    Trader

With Covid affecting brewery operations across California, some have announced that they will now start shipping beer within the state. So far I've seen Pure Project (starting today) and Cellarmaker (starting Wednesday) make this announcement. This could be a unique opportunity to try beers outside of typical or limited distribution circles, so I was hoping we could add to this list as more breweries hop on board.

2. AlexM

AlexM Zealot (536) Jun 9, 2011 California
    Trader

Where are you seeing the Cellarmaker announcement? Link? Definitely would dig that!

warrendietrich2001 and FrogOut69 like this.
  3. AlexM

Trader

Just found the Cellarmaker info ... it’s in their IG post ... no details yet however

gregoryG and FrogOut69 like this.
  4. _pat_

Trader

5. thuey

thuey Disciple (300) Nov 13, 2015 California

Casa Agria Specialty Ales always shipped to CA, but they just announced free shipping over $45

KevSal, Ma9573, j47paco and 4 others like this.
  6. AlexM

Trader

Mikkeller ships within CA

7. dangsdunks

dangsdunks Initiate (43) Jun 13, 2017 California
    Trader

I mean legally in the Bay Area they shouldn't be working starting tomorrow since its shelter in place.

8. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Devotee (452) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Society Trader

_pat_ and UnknownKoger like this.
  9. thuey

Woah, and Cellarmaker sold out of their online sales stock. I think they still kept some for local sales..

FrogOut69 likes this.
  10. Rustytacos

Rustytacos Aspirant (206) Mar 19, 2018 California
    Trader

fegelFatso and _pat_ like this.
  11. thuey

No, I don't think you understand. There's now a "shelter in place" order on 6 Bay Area counties effective 12:01am this morning, which is much more strict / severe than the Governor's recommendation for California.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/arti...rea-shelter-in-place-coronavirus-15135381.php

That being said, your statement is accurate as brewery workers can still go to work to brew. To-Go sales is a grey area. I'm not really sure if it's allowed or not.

12. _pat_

Trader

If other breweries start following the Cellarmaker model of shipping out beer, that's fine by me. Happy to pay a bit more in s&h to support some craft breweries.

13. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Zealot (535) Mar 19, 2012 California

I got an email from Fifty Fifty that they were selling half off. When I visited, there wasn't a lot of options. Shipping is within CA and few other states I believe...

fegelFatso likes this.
  14. ToasterKlay

ToasterKlay Initiate (17) May 15, 2017 California

You can add Humble Sea to this list now. Shipping to anywhere in California. They got a collab with Alvarado Street dropping this week. Looks like it's $14 for shipping for a 4 pack on top of the price of the beer and $16 for shipping if you buy two 4 packs. Interesting. Will have to see if I have any friends willing to get in on this with me.

https://humblesea.com/

Dimidiata, m34josh, FrogOut69 and 3 others like this.
  15. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Devotee (463) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

Missed the first drop, but I'm going to grab a case (if possible) next time. Cellarmaker and Humble Sea should hold me until MT gets setup.

fegelFatso likes this.
  16. Xul

Xul Crusader (799) May 18, 2008 California

For those of you in CA, but not near a Modern Times location, they're shipping cans beginning today. Full cases only and it looks as though shipping is $24/case. Pertinent details are in this email that went out to their public list and the list of available beers is here.

17. BlazinHazen

BlazinHazen Initiate (70) Feb 12, 2014 California

Wish we could mix four packs.

18. Xul

They mentioned in the League Facebook group that they might look into mixed cases in a few days. Right now, they're trying to get it up and running and work through the logistics.

fegelFatso and 310gts like this.
  19. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (659) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

So, not a brewery..but Lost Cause is doing togo bottles still, but from their new location in Bay Park.

(5328 Banks St. Suite B, San Diego 92110) during these hours this week (the Miramar tasting room will be closed):

Thursday: 5-7pm

Friday: 5- 7pm

Saturday: 12-3pm

They are also still shipping with a special $5 shipping charge IF you buy one of their packs of mead.

Link might help: https://www.lostcausemead.com/

20. thuey

21. _pat_

Trader

Monkish in their last post, "Many of have asked: yes we are working on an option to ship beer directly to you. Soon. Standby."

KevSal and dcgunman like this.
  22. jason_jack

jason_jack Initiate (46) Mar 24, 2018 California
    Trader

Thanks for mentioning. Looks like their website has the fine print concerning shipping already included on the sales page. Missed out on the Cellarmaker earlier this week, trying not to let that happen again.

23. AlexM

Trader

Casa Agria FREE shipping on orders $45 and more ... great deal!!!

Ma9573 and _pat_ like this.
  24. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (3,638) Oct 14, 2009 Texas
    Society Trader

I wonder how many of these places will continue offering shipping once all this ends... hopefully sooner rather than later at that.

I’d also like to see the restrictions loosened so beer bars could offer growler fills or similar, otherwise I imagine a good number of them will end up going under.

lucius10, Ma9573 and redeemer like this.
  25. pinballplayer

pinballplayer Disciple (317) Jul 2, 2014 California
    Trader

Ordered a mix 12 of Blind Pig and Pliny from RR, and one each of the new 4 packs from Casa. Happy to support and enjoy.

26. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (659) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

ABC issued an order, so this is now allowed in CA.

https://www.abc.ca.gov/notice-of-regulatory-relief/

LGHT and Rustytacos like this.
  27. dcgunman

dcgunman Champion (871) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Trader

Yes. This would be nice. Mix.

bret27 likes this.
  28. Xul

North Park Beer Co is now offering shipping via a new online store.

29. Miruguy

Miruguy Initiate (169) Nov 22, 2010 California

Thanks Xul - just ordered! The one silver lining in all of this craziness is getting great beer shipped to the house.

30. thuey

31. Jaredf916

Jaredf916 Initiate (48) Oct 29, 2016 California
    Trader

32. atomicpunk5151

atomicpunk5151 Aspirant (212) Jul 25, 2010 California
    Trader

33. AlexM

Trader

This free shipping by Casa Agria is the best deal I've found yet ... FREE Shipping ... placed an order last night - WOOHOO

Great thread - keep it going!

Ma9573, vinylfiend1, _pat_ and 2 others like this.
  34. dcgunman

dcgunman Champion (871) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Trader

Never had their beers.

LGHT likes this.
  35. AlexM

Trader

While known for their sours - there overall portfolio is solid and well worth taking advantage of their FREE shipping offer.

j47paco likes this.
  36. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,247) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Nice saisons, good enough (?) Hazy iPad (I'm not really qualified, they were pleasant enough when I tried them but I've since come to accept that I don't really like the neipa style so basically I can affirm that they were not garbage). Definitely worth taking advantage of.the free shipping. Just in time for saison day!

37. j47paco

j47paco Initiate (125) Dec 19, 2010 California
    Trader

Agreed! Never actually had anything from Casa Agria, but I pulled the trigger on three 4-packs just based on what I’ve read and heard about them. Stoked to get their beers delivered to my house, for free!

38. Miruguy

Miruguy Initiate (169) Nov 22, 2010 California

Casa has awesome sours, Saisons and stouts (their PB&J stout is great, but nothing BA).

39. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Zealot (551) Jul 9, 2010 California

I've now ordered Cellarmaker to be delivered to my house. Black clouds, silver lining