Brewery added but yet to appear.

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by JonnoWillsteed, Jun 6, 2019.

1. JonnoWillsteed

JonnoWillsteed Crusader (780) Apr 12, 2013 England

Now and again I find beer from a brewery that's not yet on BA, and so I add it to the listings. Meanwhile I hold off drinking that beer until the listing is approved and appears (seems to be a day or two), so I can add the beer and then rate it.

5-7 days ago I tried to add two new breweries one in the town of Witney, Oxfordshire, UK, the other Milton, in the same county. On hitting enter the top of the screen indicated 'Success' (as I recall), but neither yet are in the listings. I also noticed that the Directory/Places/UK has indicated 2496 listings across this week too, ie no recent additions.

Can anyone confirm whether approving new listings is presently suspended/'out of order' or similar? If so fair enough I'm not here to moan. But if it's up and running then it suggests the prob is maybe a browser conflict at my end or similar... and I'll seek out alts.

Cheers! Jon

GreenBayBA likes this.
  2. Todd

Todd Founder (5,578) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew

They're still in the approval queue.

3. JonnoWillsteed

JonnoWillsteed Crusader (780) Apr 12, 2013 England

Great thanks, it's good to have confirm of where the lag lies. I'll pop a beer and learn to be more patient. Cheers! :-)

4. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Poo-Bah (8,175) Dec 8, 2007 North Carolina
    Moderator Society Trader

The lag is with the Moderators/Site Editors - I have had a crazy last week or so (out of town twice, ran a half marathon, kids out of school, etc.) but will try to catch up the queue over the weekend.

Update: I have approved a few Places tonight and will be doing a few more this evening.

#4 dbrauneis, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  5. rex_4539

rex_4539 Meyvn (1,313) Dec 20, 2014 Greece

Got a like just for this. Well done. Onwards to ultra marathons now :slight_smile:

dbrauneis likes this.