Brewery Re-Openings

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by maximum12, May 31, 2020.

1. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (4,639) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Society Trader

After wading through the depressing (but necessary) list of liquor stores negatively impacted recently, let's look forward to brighter days & start a list of places that plan on re-opening soon.

Forager is re-opening their patio starting June 1st for dining. We've made the drive down for take-out during the lockdown & will happily do so again this week to raise a glass to Forager's re-opening!

JMN44 and ElmerLovejoy like this.
  2. Crazytrain83

Crazytrain83 Initiate (60) Feb 19, 2017 Minnesota

I know Jack Pine sent out a very thorough email detailing their new procedures (90 minute limits, no kids, no flights, recyclable glassware).

Victory_Sabre1973 likes this.
  3. morimech

morimech Poo-Bah (3,808) Nov 6, 2006 Minnesota
    Society

Waconia Brewing will reopen Monday. The city is allowing them to take over a corner of the parking lot. But it will basically standing around on blacktop, and with the weather expected this week, will not be pleasant. Schram Winery has the benefit of 20 acres of green space to take advantage of, while Schram Haus has a very large patio that offers some protection. Most places I believe, require a reservation so they can keep track of people in case of an outbreak.

4. Crazytrain83

Crazytrain83 Initiate (60) Feb 19, 2017 Minnesota

I'm heading north of Alexandria in two weeks, so I was happy to hear both Drastic Measures and Copper Trail will have their patios open starting tomorrow. (Drastic's kitchen will open a week later)

5. Abe-Froman

Abe-Froman Initiate (16) Oct 22, 2015 Minnesota

Both Utepils and Waldmann are taking online reservations for outdoor seating, starting today.

6. Lorddevn

Lorddevn Initiate (48) Mar 10, 2019 Wisconsin
    Trader

Will be heading to forager lunch time on Saturday. Wearing a mask when food is not at the table is a small price to pay to keep these places in business.

7. gatornation

gatornation Poo-Bah (5,904) Apr 18, 2007 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Several were going to open for the anticipated June 1 reopening of MPLS restartants/bars /breweries with up to 50 people in a patio setting, many have pulled back from this to reassess when they will open and what days and times.

8. MNAle

MNAle Poo-Bah (1,827) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota
    Society

9. gatornation

Society Trader

Unmapped has patio seating , reservation required.

gudbrande likes this.
  10. gatornation

Society Trader

11. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (4,639) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Bald Man Brewing in Eagan opened their patio today at 3PM. Plenty of cars in the parking lot when I drove by late this afternoon.

12. HipHoppin

HipHoppin Initiate (77) Feb 11, 2015 Minnesota

Wild Mind is going to remain closed for awhile. One of the owners suffered a couple bouts of really bad pneumonia this winter and found out he has diabetes... so it's in his best interest to wait.

13. ZAP

ZAP Poo-Bah (4,308) Dec 1, 2001 Minnesota
    Society

I think it is law right now that all places are supposed to require reservations...including bars, etc.

14. Eggman20

Eggman20 Initiate (77) Feb 14, 2017 Minnesota

This is true but it does not require ahead of time reservations. They can take your name and count when you come in. They just need to prove they didn't go over the limit if someone comes asking. Places with smaller spaces are more likely to require ahead of time reservations for obvious reasons.

I'll add that Invictus Brewing is also open. Sounds like Lupulin is planning to open their patio on Friday

ChicagoJ and Victory_Sabre1973 like this.
  15. MNAle

Society

IIUC, it is more so they can trace back contacts in the event someone is tested positive.

Victory_Sabre1973, JMN44 and Eggman20 like this.
  16. gatornation

Society Trader

Not likely . Revival (MPLS) and Broders (3) are shut down due to servers with Covid 19 positive ,they are not calling curbside patrons with phone # that were used for orders in May.

17. SudsSavant

SudsSavant Aspirant (244) Jan 9, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

They also weren't obligated to let anyone know why they closed to begin with.

https://m.startribune.com/more-twin...taffers-test-positive-for-covid-19/570985122/
    Revival was even at best vague as to why they were closing down for a few days.

18. ZAP

Society

Thanks for the clarification. I figured if we were out biking and dropped by a place we could set up a reservation on the spot or call i guess from the street and get a spot if they had open seats when we got there.

19. gatornation

Society Trader

20. MNAle

Society

https://www.minnpost.com/state-gove...a-part-of-the-states-contact-tracing-efforts/

So, either it is to be used for contact tracing or it isn't, depending on who you ask in state government. Sounds right.

#21 MNAle, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    ChicagoJ likes this.
  21. MNAle

Society

An email from Wild Mind:

To our valued community,

We have been asked a lot of questions about reopening and our view for the safety and health of our staff and you the customer we have decided to postpone our opening until July 1st with a potential soft opening done sooner at the middle of June if we can figure out a way to do it safely and in accordance with the guidelines passed down by the state of Minnesota.

After being boarded up as a precaution from Friday through Monday we are slowly resuming normal delivery and pick up options with new offerings this week. Today [June 3] we are open for pick up until 8 PM and will be back to full delivery and pick-up capacity tomorrow. The new offerings this week coming out are Warpship; an open fermented saison made with our house yeast culture with deep notes of peach and apricot (available now) and also Minnesota Package Restrictions For Breweries Are Lame; a double IPA with milk sugar and hopped with Citra, Vic Secret, and Mosaic (available on June 6th at 12 PM, pre-orders are available now). Just a reminder with the MPBBL beer, if you purchase a 4-pack of crowlers we are throwing in a free tee-shirt while supplies last.

We are still taking donations (desperate need for baby/feminine products, laundry and dish soaps) for people within the community that are in need during these trying times. Wild Mind Ales is proud to be a member of the community and we will continue to support social injustice. To everyone who has reached out with a word of encouragement or has helped support the local community already, THANK YOU.

Don’t mind the plywood and 2x4's... we are open, we are brewing beer, and we are here for you.

Be well and take care. See you out there.

/jason
    co-founder

22. Eggman20

Eggman20 Initiate (77) Feb 14, 2017 Minnesota

The official guidelines are for call ahead or online reservations but really who's going to check that (I can verify a few places that will take you as you come in). If someone shows up and they have openings it'd be dumb to turn people away. They just want to prevent people from grouping together while waiting to get in.

Sounds about as well planned as every step through this has been. At least in theory they could use it for tracing....

23. gatornation

Society Trader

Inbound,Invictus are open Looks like Fulton on 06/09

ChicagoJ likes this.
  24. LOWFisherman

LOWFisherman Initiate (31) Sep 21, 2018 Minnesota
    Trader

Day late and a dollar short here....

lake of the woods brewing company opened their new patio June 1 and indoor seating today!

ChicagoJ, Victory_Sabre1973 and Chaz like this.
  25. morimech

Society

Waconia Brewing reopened their taproom on Wednesday with 50% capacity limits.

ChicagoJ likes this.
  26. SkolVikes84

SkolVikes84 Initiate (30) Sep 21, 2018 Minnesota

Falling Knife reopens on June 15. Cant wait. Sick of driving to Hudson every weekend for beer and pinball. Hudson Tap has a pretty nice list of Minnesota crafts though.

ChicagoJ likes this.
  27. edbeered

edbeered Devotee (438) Oct 29, 2004 Minnesota

In Saint Paul, Bad Weather, Dual Citizen, The Lab, Urban Growler, Wabasha, and Waldmann's are open for patio seating.

ChicagoJ likes this.
  28. RAH-RAH-Beer

RAH-RAH-Beer Initiate (30) Jan 1, 2019 Minnesota

Omni in Maple Grove is open for both patio & indoor seating-socially distanced of course.

ChicagoJ and Victory_Sabre1973 like this.
  29. Windvaner

Windvaner Initiate (64) Nov 7, 2014 Minnesota

Any word on what date BlackStack will open? I know they do not have a patio so would be reduced indoor seating but missing that taproom the most !

30. gatornation

Society Trader

Actually was in St Paul Today working,stopped by ,they said they do not have a specific date for Taproom opening at this time waiting and hoping for CV-19 to subside and with with no spikes is what i was told, this could be subject to change.

Victory_Sabre1973 and Windvaner like this.
  31. MNAle

Society

Update from Wild Mind (via email):

(Short version: open for reservations beginning today, 6/17)

That’s right. We’re back.

We’ll be opening up limited seating on our patio for reservations starting tomorrow (6/17). While we’re of course overwhelmingly excited to welcome you back to the tasting room, we want to make sure we’re doing so as safely as possible. This means, for the time being, patio capacity will be very, very limited. Reservations are required and are capped at 1 hour per table.

While at the patio, all beer orders will be done through store.wildmindales.com. We’re not opening up tap lines quite yet, but will have single 16oz cans, 375ml bottles, and 750ml crowlers available for on-site consumption. (ONLY crowlers are available to take home.)

A couple of other things to note for your visit:

Masks are REQUIRED inside the building when using the restroom and encouraged when on the patio.

Patio is 21+ only and no dogs (for now). We want everyone to keep their distance and young, unpredictable family members make that difficult. Service dogs allowed.

Since we’re not letting anyone inside for anything but the restroom, the tasting room will be forced to close during inclement weather.

We’re doing everything we can to keep staff and customers safe and will be adhering to the most recent guidelines from the CDC and MN Department of Health. As a food manufacturer, we already had rigorous protocols for cleaning and sanitation procedures and we are adding a few more processes to be even better. Please adhere to social distancing and use the hand sanitizer stations provided.

Patio Hours:
    Weds: 4-8pm
    Thurs: 4-8pm
    Fri: 2-8pm
    Sat: 12-8pm
    Sun: 12-5pm

More space may be opened up in the coming weeks as we perfect our process and verify we can serve more people safely. This is new to all of us, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we figure out how to best keep everyone safe while providing a place to enjoy a beer.

If you’re not ready to hang out on a patio, we totally understand. We’ll continue offering curbside pickup and delivery for the foreseeable future to make sure you don’t go thirsty.

Stay safe. We’ll see you out there.

Victory_Sabre1973 and ChicagoJ like this.
  32. gatornation

Society Trader

Steel Toe opened an outside patio on 06/12 at the Taproom.

ChicagoJ likes this.
  33. morimech

Society

Taprooms should be 21+ during this time. Unfortunately, not many agree with me.

dj420 and BuzzG like this.
  34. Rajaholick

Rajaholick Initiate (157) Jan 9, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

I have a reservation on Friday at surlyfsurly some day drinking and I can't wait! Oh it'll be nice to see some friends there too...

35. ZAP

Society

Why? Just curious. Thinking maybe because the kids are taking up some of the available space and with 50% capacity that is important? I'd agree with that if that is the thought.

36. morimech

Society

Taking up space and kids are not exactly social distancing conscious that I have been witnesses.

ZAP likes this.
  37. DCintheMSP

DCintheMSP Initiate (80) Jan 8, 2014 Minnesota

Fair State has said basically as much. Please leave your kids that are mobile at home, but kids that are in car seats and/or non mobile are ok.

ZAP likes this.
  38. HawkEye19

HawkEye19 Initiate (125) Jun 15, 2006 Minnesota

Which makes perfect sense in the short term (until 100% opening is OK'd)

39. Nuts4Barrel-aged

Nuts4Barrel-aged Initiate (106) Dec 14, 2016 Minnesota
    Trader

I agree. I have kids and normally would bring them with me. With the way things are, I don’t know how we could effectively social distance. Thankfully there is a plethora of new crowlers and fresh can drops every week to hold me over.