Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Asia Bringing beer into Japan?

Discussion in 'The Rest of the World' started by distantmantra, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. distantmantra

distantmantra May 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

I'm heading to Osaka and Tokyo this coming April and would love to bring my friend some stuff from Seattle. On my previous trips to Japan, I've noticed that Japanese customs is pretty paranoid/vigilant/etc. when going through incoming bags. Will I be given a run around? Should I not bother? I'll have about two hours to make a connection at Narita to Kansai International.

2. mythaeus

mythaeus Jul 22, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

3. distantmantra

distantmantra May 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Yeah, I read up on it after making that post. Looks like I'll be able to bring my buddy some B-Bomb and Kentucky Dark Star.

4. Duffman929

Duffman929 Nov 27, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I transported a shitload in and they were more paranoid about the bottles breaking in my luggage. They wanted me to put them in my carry on. I tried to tell them that 40 lbs of beer was not going to fit in a carry on. After some hassle, they ended up taking the bag, but they wrapped it all up, in case something was going to leak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe