Broadbrook Brewing Jigawatts DIPA

Discussion in 'New England' started by AC-Wagner, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AC-Wagner

AC-Wagner Initiate (45) Dec 5, 2015 Connecticut

Found out one of my locals was releasing a brewery only DIPA yesterday, so I took the short ride to East Windsor and picked up 2 4-packs ($15.00 per 4 pack 16 oz cans).

In my opinion it is an excellent beer - not drive out of state and wait in line excellent - but nonetheless, few are.

The name and label is goofy. I get the back to the future reference, but if I were the craft beer naming / labeling professor - this would be C level work.

Link below:

http://broadbrookbrewing.com/

2. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Disciple (325) Oct 21, 2009 Connecticut

I get what they are going for and don't think it's too nad. I mean Weyerbacher has some of the worst labels around but make great beers! Really boils down to the beer in the can.

3. Jmr85

Jmr85 Aspirant (269) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Had one last night and thought it was a solid dipa. I will definitely drink this beer again.

4. Homebrew

Homebrew Disciple (383) Sep 5, 2012 Connecticut

Tried it pre release at our tasting Saturday. Pretty good & I kinda like the can

5. PicoPapa

PicoPapa Poo-Bah (2,784) Mar 6, 2009 Connecticut
    Society

What the hell is a Jigawatt?!

BeerMaverick likes this.
  6. Lupin

Lupin Aspirant (298) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

Haven't had too much from them aside from Hopstillo, but this is a huge improvement over that beer.

7. Dopen993

Dopen993 Aspirant (293) Jul 20, 2015 Rhode Island

Good to know, cause I was not a fan of Hopstillo.

8. TheBottleMuse

TheBottleMuse Initiate (67) Aug 7, 2015 Massachusetts

I will echo the praises of those in this thread, snagged 8 of them at the release and have been very impressed by them. A definite step in the right direction for them if they want to capture more of the hop hunter market. Hoping to have a review of it up within the next week or so!

9. AC-Wagner

I recall being very impressed with Hopstillo when I first tried it, but not so much in August '15 when I revisited. Could be a change in my taste - but I recall thinking this can't be the same beer......

10. Balrog1

Balrog1 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2015 Connecticut

Had one last night. Pretty good and the best beer I've had yet from Broad Brook. Will be a solid choice if it becomes readily available.

11. eajb24

eajb24 Initiate (127) May 26, 2005 Connecticut

Did they sellout all the cans at the brewery?

12. Balrog1

Balrog1 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2015 Connecticut

I got it from a friend, but he said there was only a few cases left when he bought his last Saturday. Not sure if they canned any more since then. Also said it was on for only draft (no growlers).

13. AC-Wagner

This outfit just released a compilation with Cigar City in Tampa called Made in the shade IPA. It is a solid effort and if you see it in the Hartford area I would suggest getting a 4 - pack. Although the inspiration behind the name is Connecticut Valley Shade tobacco - natives who know anything about cigar tobacco will note the label shows broad-leaf tobacco which is grown in the open fields.....It is a beer can, not a documentary I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.