Bruery 2014 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by F2brewers, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F2brewers

F2brewers Champion (807) Mar 12, 2005 Massachusetts
    Fest Crew Society Trader

Restarting this thread with a cut and paste from the original. I've struck through the ones I think have been released (Sucre Variants excepted), but feel free to correct me.

Please keep it on topic.

Updated as of May 5th:

Mocha Wednesday -- HS Exclusive January
    Chocolate Rain -- RS/HS Exclusive January
    Sour in the Rye - January
    Tumescence (Local Collaboration #1) - February
    Bois Fume -- RS/HS Exclusive - February
    Smooth Criminal -- RS/HS Exclusive - February
    Melange #9 - HS Exclusive - February
    Filmishmish - RS/HS Exclusive - March
    Smoking Wood Rye - March
    Or Xata 2013 - Re-release HS Exclusive - March
    Tripel Tonnellerie - April
    Sucré (Bourbon) - April
    Rue D' Floyd - Bourbon Imperial Porter with cherries, coffee, and vanilla - RS/HS Exclusive - April
    Floyd D' Rue - Rum Imperial Porter with spices added - RS/HS Exclusive - April
    Mischmishmish - RS/HS Exclusive - April
    Soroboruo - RS/HS Exclusive - May
    Sucré Rum variant - RS/HS Exclusive - May
    Sucré Rye variant - RS/HS Exclusive - May
    Sucré Madeira variant- RS/HS Exclusive - May
    Sucré Tawny Port variant - RS/HS Exclusive - May
    Sucré Cognac variant - HS Exclusive
    Sucré Tequila variant - RS/HS Exclusive
    Sucré New American Oak variant - RS/HS Exclusive
    Sucré Portuguese Brandy variant - RS/HS Exclusive
    White Oak
    So Happens It's Tuesday -- RS/HS Exclusive
    Smoking Wood Bourbon (Note: Email identified both versions, but booklet mentions just general "Smoking Wood")
    Couverteur
    Grey Monday - RS/HS Exclusive
    Sans Pagaie
    Befuddlement - HS Exclusive
    Cherry Oude Tart
    Local Collaboration #2
    Oude Tart
    Ignus Fatuus
    Tart of Darkness
    Tart of Darkness w/ Cherries & Vanilla - RS/HS Exclusive
    White Chocolate
    Mash
    Mash & Coconut
    Barrel Aged 6 Geese a Laying - RS/HS Exclusive
    Black Tuesday - Bourbon
    Black Tuesday - Rum -- RS/HS Exclusive
    Melange #1
    Melange #3
    Oaked Old Richland
    Rueuze
    Mardi Rouge -- HS Exclusive
    Blue BBL's -- HS Exclusive
    Rum Barrel Aged Autumn Maple
    2 mystery barrel aged beer -- RS/HS Exclusives

#1 F2brewers, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
    MykelJH, CA_Jim, siege06nd and 2 others like this.
  2. Xul

Xul Champion (811) May 18, 2008 California
    Trader

Not trying to be snarky, but where's the line between on-topic and off-topic for a thread about Society allocations? A lot of the topics that were being discussed over the past few pages of that thread - QC issues on Society exclusive beers, the FdR/RdF release event (limited to RS/HS members), communication between the Bruery and its Society members - are directly related to the RS/HS/PS and their allocations.

Perhaps I missed some other content that was deleted and caused the thread to be locked, but we've had this style of rolling, all-encompassing RS/HS thread for a couple years now - if the moderation team is going to proactively start separating that into different threads, a bit more direction as to what constitutes a different topic and what will cause threads to get locked and/or deleted would be helpful.

3. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Devotee (487) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

The thread was directly on topic as it relates to RS/HS allocations. The release of a potentially infected beer and how it tastes will affect all of us who purchased memberships as well as those who may want to acquire said beer via trades or other means. A beer event available only to RS/HS members directly relates to RS/HS members. How The Bruery communicates with RS/HS members also directly affects said RS/HS members.

I hope people who get bottles of the discussed potentially infected beer continue to discuss it here as it will determine how I choose to act as a HS member with the same bottles available. I hope that if anyone finds out further details about the OotP Pizza event they post and discuss here because it relates to me as a HS member.

riko, joelbarish, rm20015 and 2 others like this.
  4. ZombieJester

ZombieJester Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2013 California

I'm gonna pass on the event. $50 doesn't seem worth the price of having to pay $100 in taxi/lyft/uber fees because I don't feel safe driving after drinking a bunch of high ABV beers with no designated driver ticket (i'm a pansy, I know). I would have considered it if they brought on DL but since that went out the window, i'm out and will save my money for the Anv Party.

5. joelbarish

joelbarish Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2013 California

I agree with those above who asked for some guidance on what is and is not on topic for this thread if somehow wandering causes the thread to be locked. I think I read every post in the old thread and nothing stuck out to me as irrelevant to RS/HS memberships.

Also, isn't Sans Pagaie scheduled for a June release? It's got the strike-through in the first post as if it already came and went.

Speedoguy likes this.
  6. FrogOut69

Trader

Yeah, Sans will be out in June.

7. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2013 Illinois

My bottles were shipped GSO to my buddy/trustee up in El Dorado Hills today. He's going to get them on the way tomorrow. I'll be sure to share all the tasting info I gather next week. Hopefully that will help the out of state folks decide if these beers can in fact survive the trip through transit.

Dad_of_Rad likes this.
  8. thequillen

thequillen Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2010 California

For the list up top, smoking wood rye got released. Strike through, please.

F2brewers likes this.
  9. DrinkNoH2O

DrinkNoH2O Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2009 California

Today's the day - I'm hoping someone picks up their RDF and FDR, tastes it, and reports back here that they're both awesome. Once I have that confirmation I'll max out my allocation...

10. F2brewers

Fest Crew Society Trader

This is a thread for allocations and discussions of those allocations.

If you want to discuss customer service, bruery events, etc., please start threads for those topics as they are individual topics that warrant their own threads.

The problem with rolling, all-encompassing threads is just that...there's no organization or easy way for people looking for specific topics to find them.

HopsintheSack likes this.
  11. nickpineda88

nickpineda88 Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2014 California

yes...someone please report how RDF and FDR taste so we can see if its infected or not

12. the_trystero

the_trystero Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2013 California

Yes, Sans Pagaie should be unstruck. HS members got a bottle of 2013 with their initial package, but that's it.

F2brewers likes this.
  13. LesRWilliams

LesRWilliams Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2014 California

Please excuse the noobishness of this reply... what does RS/HS mean?

14. FrogOut69

Trader

Reserve Society and Hoarders Society.

15. LesRWilliams

LesRWilliams Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2014 California

Thank you FrogOut

16. F2brewers

Fest Crew Society Trader

Discussion of potentially infected beers is certainly on topic.

Bashing OotP and/or The Bruery for choosing to do an event with them is not on topic. I see you've already started another thread to address that and that's where that discussion belongs. Thanks for that.

Edit:

Discussion of that event topic over the last few days has been downright nasty and I see some serious moderation/post deletion occurred. That's a very good reason for breaking it out into its own thread. Yes, I understand it is related to RS/HS membership. That said, it was becoming too much of a distraction.

Of course, it's now easier to find information on that topic by using the search function. Now getting people to use that function... :rolling_eyes:

#16 F2brewers, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  17. BeerBaron666

BeerBaron666 Aspirant (215) May 13, 2009 California
    Trader

Just picked up my allocations of fdr and rdf. They are giving out sample bottle pours of each....

THEY ARE DRINKING GREAT! No sign of infection at all right now. rue dfloyd was especially delicious, lots and lots of coffee flavor. Can't wait to crack a bottle tonight!

18. nickpineda88

sample bottle pours? like all day today or what?

19. BeerBaron666

BeerBaron666 Aspirant (215) May 13, 2009 California
    Trader

Yeah, as far as I know. For people picking up their bottles. Didn't ask if it was today only

nickpineda88 likes this.
  20. DrinkNoH2O

Great to hear!

21. nickpineda88

Asked a friend about how the RDF taste...
    "Oh man it's pretty awesome. It's in between chocolate rain and grey Monday good. Never had the mocha Wednesday, but I'd say the coffee would be more subtle in this. Flavor profile in order is chocolate, bourbon/oak , vanilla, coffee, booze and cherries. No sourness." I need a bottle of this now in my life.

22. Kyle2k10

Kyle2k10 Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2010 California

Just opened Rue and Floyd. Neither tastes infected whatsoever. Rue has nice vanilla notes w/chocolate, coffee and marshmallow, real balanced for being young. I can't believe it's a porter. Floyd is really spice forward and the rum coming through pretty harshly, especially when it warms up, reminds me of Sailor Jerry. I think Floyd would benefit most with age on it, but we know it's not a good idea. I'm going to grab the rest of my 5 btls of Rue and drink them over the next few weeks, it's that good. Overall, it's a bummer that these beers will go downhill. Just have to treat them like something hoppy and drink fresh.

JulianC and CaptainFleeker like this.
  23. Purpleman

Purpleman Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2014 California

both taste good, going to see what the Rum does with time, the bourbon has too much coffee for me.

KROQnK9s likes this.
  24. Anthony_RN

Anthony_RN Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2014 California

Not sure if this has been covered on this forum already and didn't see it on the OP, but Madeira and New Oak variations have been announced for Sucre.

25. CraftyJoseph

CraftyJoseph Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2014 California

Oh yeah!!! See you there dude!

26. walterfredo

walterfredo Initiate (198) Nov 22, 2011 California
    Trader

Anybody know if you can have a non-society member pick up bottles?

27. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

Make them your trustee and you can.

28. stakem

stakem Poo-Bah (5,721) Feb 20, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Strange...I logged on to make my monthly purchase today and saw sucre was taken down again but bois is available.

joelbarish likes this.
  29. jumboj11

jumboj11 Initiate (187) May 24, 2009 Georgia

They may need to re-up the stock online, same thing happened last week. What say you @mattolesh?

30. moonknight31

moonknight31 Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2009 California

where did u see this mentioned because i must have missed it

31. Melman

Melman Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2013 California

Around the 1:27 mark:

32. mattolesh

mattolesh Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2007 California

Issue is fixed.

jumboj11 likes this.
  33. CyberMonk

CyberMonk Initiate (0) May 18, 2010 California

Haven't tried it yet, but just got my Rue/Floyd bottles in the mail today, and they come with this handy sticker.
    [​IMG]
    I already threw the bottles in the fridge here at work, and I'll probably crack one tomorrow night.

34. CraftyJoseph

CraftyJoseph Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2014 California

You the man!

35. ubiq3000

ubiq3000 Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2013 California

RdF tastes great

getinked likes this.
  36. sarge27

sarge27 Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2012 California

With May's allocations just around the corner, what all have we heard about Sucre and its variations? By my count, I've heard of potentially 9 rumored varieties now:

Bourbon
    Brandy
    American Oak
    Rye Whiskey
    Cognac (HS)
    Madeira
    Tequila
    Port
    Rum

Any other rumors on these? 9 varieties would be intense on the wallet, but fun to hear about rumors of all these new barrel treatments.

37. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon

It'll be interesting if these don't turn and they will be fine.

38. whiskey

whiskey Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2012 California

Yep. If they're OK it will be cool to have them come available later with less of the unkown.

39. mdfb79

mdfb79 Poo-Bah (5,520) Jan 11, 2010 New York
    Society

Agreed. I'm a big fan of their anniversary beers and think the different variations are cool, but that would be a lot in one month if you were looking to try one of each.

I think it would be cool if they released the standard anniversary beer that is going to see distribution in May, maybe alongside 1-3 of the variations, and then released 1 new/different variation a month with the normal monthly allocations for the last 6 months of the year. That way you could buy 1 (or more) new one a month vs. 9 in one month, help the wallet out a bit. :slight_smile:

40. DrinkNoH2O

Just a random thought - I see a lot of ISO: Bruery FT: FFF trades listed post Dark Lord day... Let's be sure and not undervalue the trading value of these great beers we have access to from the Bruery. Choc Rain and Mocha Wednesday are phenomenal beers and I'd hate to see people letting these guys go 1:1 for fresh regular DL...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.