Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Bruery 2016 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by OCJeff, Dec 15, 2015.

?

Are you a new member, or are you a returning 2015 Soceity Member?

1. New 2016 Reserve Society Member

2. Returning 2015 Reserve Society Member

3. New 2016 Hoarders Society Member

4. Returning 2016 Hoarders Society Member

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tommyguz

tommyguz Meyvn (1,010) May 14, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I think you can tag a mod to edit it?

2. SanFranJake

SanFranJake Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

As a co-HS member from 2015, I got the email about SHIT and the '15 hold-overs.
    I see that it's on the site now for HS members...is that hold-over from 2015 HS members or is this 2016 HS allocation and as of 1/11 SHIT is open to the public?
    @mattolesh can you please help clarify?

3. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Aspirant (263) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Poterie might be too hot for me:
    "Best-stored and served around 55o F (13o C) in a tulip, wine or hand-sculpted pottery glass."

kbenson and Justinsosmart like this.
  4. Justinsosmart

Justinsosmart Disciple (313) May 14, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

If the beer is hitting distribution, then it will likely go back up in the online store after the allocation period. They give us allocations on beers that will be publicly released just to ensure we get bottles. Hopefully they made enough so we can order additional.

Rocket80 and kbenson like this.
  5. mukesmemehouse

mukesmemehouse Initiate (120) Jan 5, 2016 California

Is batch 1731 worth getting?

6. mattolesh

mattolesh Initiate (52) Sep 30, 2007 California

Sure thing. Here's the timeline:
    Today, 1/4 - 2016 members can purchase
    Next Monday, 1/11 - 2015 members can purchase their allocation (with the 15% or 20% discount)
    Next Tuesday, 1/12 - Public release

SanFranJake likes this.
  7. kbenson

kbenson Aspirant (209) Aug 15, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Yeah, but that guy is crazy! :stuck_out_tongue:

8. kbenson

Beer Trader

Hopefully I can convince her to let me live until I drink all the beer I bought. That may be the only thing that saves my life! I must have more of this clearly life-giving elixir!

9. Dka67

Dka67 Aspirant (232) Nov 27, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

But most importantly here! How are these new allocations tasting?

Rocket80, Stillyman11 and kbenson like this.
  10. kbenson

Beer Trader

I have no complaint with public release if they've made enough but I would have preferred a 4-6 bottle allocation rather than a 3-bottle one. If they made enough for public distro they should have made enough to do an initial 4-6 bottle allocation first.

11. HDanielson

HDanielson Initiate (34) May 1, 2015 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Any idea what kind of distribution SHIT will receive?

12. HDanielson

Beer Trader

I see that The Bruery has it listed as a national offering. I'm guessing that distro will be similar to the anniversary beers, then.

13. john0721

john0721 Zealot (555) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Subscriber

If its going into distribution, I would expect to see it offered for sale to the public in the online store at some point. You will be able to buy more than. Your RS discount will still apply.

kbenson likes this.
  14. bnelson997

bnelson997 Aspirant (238) Jun 4, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Seeing as how this year's anniversary is pottery themed, I can only imagine the possibilities for the special anniversary glassware (ceramicware?). Never to early to discuss the Anniversary party. Per the email it looks to be May 14th.

Tgilly likes this.
  15. Joe_Mahma

Joe_Mahma Disciple (308) Dec 8, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Its going full distro. You'll even be able to buy them at your local Flea Market.

#175 Joe_Mahma, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    kbenson and Black_Rider like this.
  16. Purpleman

Purpleman Initiate (153) Jan 2, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

A little bit too early, but if you wanted to complain about the date.... then its never too early!

I'm just glad their anniversary is in May, the party falls close to my birthday and the wife can't say shit about me going!

kbenson likes this.
  17. bnelson997

Beer Trader

Have had to miss it the past two years. Don't plan on missing it this year!

JoshBeerNow and kbenson like this.
  18. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Zealot (533) Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Take that glassware talk to Glassadvocate, brah.

19. bnelson997

Beer Trader

:rolling_eyes:

KevSal likes this.
  20. kjrod20

kjrod20 Devotee (409) Jul 16, 2005 New York
    Beer Trader

What are the out-of-staters who get regular Bruery offerings thinking about SHiT? Since it's seeing distro, I'm debating passing if only to avoid shipping across the country for no reason.

mayorQuimby likes this.
  21. barhoc11

barhoc11 Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2014 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I think if it is a beer you really want, I would grab the 3 bottles and possibly more if it hits locally. If it isn't, maybe get 1 or 2 and then you try it before you buy more if it hits the shelf?

kjrod20 likes this.
  22. Sumdeus

Sumdeus Initiate (160) Mar 17, 2014 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Seeing distribution and actually finding bottles in stores is not the same thing.

23. COBeerBuff

COBeerBuff Disciple (364) Jan 4, 2009 Kansas
    Beer Trader

I thought I answered this already... #friendshipover

24. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Disciple (333) Sep 23, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Bout time you plan on showing up!

bnelson997 likes this.
  25. warnerry

warnerry Meyvn (1,192) Apr 23, 2010 Michigan

Posting here since the 2015 thread is closed. @mattolesh Will the 2015 "carryover" beers being released this month and next need to be picked up by March 31st?

26. wittyname

wittyname Initiate (195) Aug 4, 2012 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I'll do whatever you do since I'm wondering the same thing.
    Maybe I'll buy one online now just to avoid the hassle of having to leave the house and look for it.

27. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Disciple (322) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Since moving to IN, I have noticed that the tougher to find Bruery beers that hit distro (i.e., Mash) never see the light of day here. That said, whenever I go to Chicago, they are relatively easy to find. Just depends on what market you're in...

28. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Devotee (477) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I used to live in Orange County, and now I live in BFE Oregon... I feel your pain. It's a good hour drive to find any beer that isn't super basic beer.

29. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Devotee (477) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I need to buy my flight down for the anniversary party... it's about 3 weeks before finals so it works out great.

30. kjrod20

kjrod20 Devotee (409) Jul 16, 2005 New York
    Beer Trader

That's my thought. Mash is currently sitting on shelves, as are the last anniversary(ies), so I don't think I'd have a problem getting a bottle or two.

31. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Devotee (446) Apr 17, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

If I lived anywhere near De Garde I would have a real control problem.

Tgilly likes this.
  32. HDanielson

Beer Trader

#itsnotoveruntilisayitsover

COBeerBuff likes this.
  33. mattolesh

mattolesh Initiate (52) Sep 30, 2007 California

That's a good question. We're still working out the details. But, I can say that we will do our best to make sure it's as fair of a timeline as possible. I'd speculate to say it'll be something like an slightly extended pickup window for these purchases with added flexibility after the pickup window closes for 2015 members. We'll likely end up holding orders until next year for 2016 members.

Cheers,
    Matt O.

thatinvisibo and warnerry like this.
  34. pnutbutr

pnutbutr Initiate (160) Jan 4, 2013 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

@mattolesh Are you guys still experiencing the big delays in shipping? I just put an order through for a 12 bottle shipper, with instructions to include my Welcome pack and another 3-bottle order.

I understand that it might not get packed until after this week has passed, given the focus on the welcome packs. But, do you expect that it will take a long time after that before it gets sent out?

Thanks for the help

35. CommanderOfAwesome

CommanderOfAwesome Devotee (466) Aug 30, 2012 California

I think so, I made my last '15 order in middle of December and it still hasn't shipped.

36. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (1,229) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Sure, we can edit as, it's been done before by @F2brewers in last years thread.

tommyguz likes this.
  37. F2brewers

F2brewers Defender (653) Mar 12, 2005 Massachusetts
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Indeed. Best for all who are paying attention to tag us since we usually have more pressing matters at hand.

Bigtimmyb likes this.
  38. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (227) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

allocations i tried at SMM yesterday and my thoughts --

SHIT 2016 - Def higher in ABV but you cant really taste it. Very rich and decadent with a nice chocolatey undertone. Almost reminded me of chocolate cake. draft pour.

Batch 1731 - Hoppy, Bretty, Grassy. Not overly funky and very very refreshing. it seems they did exactly what they set out to on this beer. Solid offering and I always tell myself I wont be a fan of the hoppy bretted ones but end up enjoying them a lot. bottle pour.

Les Ronces - My fav from the bunch. in true bruery fashion when it comes to their sour blonde, very very acidic. Nice tartness, very juicy, and a nice balanced funk. As it warmed up i got some red kool aid flavors/fruit punch. nice effervescence. Really enjoyed this beer but was hurting me later when the acid reflux kicked in. draft pour.

Chupacabara - VERY CLEAN. this beer is super good. The belgian blonde yest shines really well and the brett finishes really nicely. not my fav style of beer but it is really tasty. bottle pour.

Scotch anniversary - kicked on sunday, really bummed i wasnt able to try this one (or was it the chron 6 scotch that was on? people werent very clear in this thread and I think may be mixing those two up)

Mocha Wednesday 2016- tasting better than ever. Coffee Chocolate bomb. Booziness is there but doesnt make it imbalanced. draft pour.

Hope that helps for out of towners looking to buy allocations.

#198 tokimedo, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  39. Bigtimmyb

Bigtimmyb Initiate (164) Jul 3, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

Yeah I was there at 2pm and it had already kicked. It was poterie, I remember seeing it on the flight list before they changed them out

tokimedo likes this.
  40. Bigtimmyb

Bigtimmyb Initiate (164) Jul 3, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

@F2brewers I believe the first post needs to be updated with Poterie as an allocation for Hoarders but please someone correct me if I am wrong.

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.