Bruery 2017 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tokimedo, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (246) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Trader

Heres a new place for us to discuss 2017 of the Bruery Reserve and Hoarders Society.

INCLUDED BEERS AND MERCHANDISE (RESERVE)

10 BEERS, INCLUDING:

Two bottles each of:

Rue D'Floyd™

Mash & French Toast™

Beauregarde™

Black Tuesday® - Port

One bottle each of:

Befuddlement™

Wineification™ with Zinfandel

RESERVE SOCIETY BRANDED:

Custom Oak Bottle Opener

Spiegelau 15.25 oz. Cognac Snifter

Commemorative Pin

Initial package pickups are anticipated to be ready on January 2. More details will be announced near year-end 2016. January allocations are expected to begin on January 9, with fulfillment beginning January 16.

A NOTE ABOUT SALES IN 2017

Our sales cycle is evolving with our platform and production in 2017. Traditional allocations will be conducted over one week periods, typically beginning on the first Monday of the month (Society Member Monday) and continuing until end-of-day Sunday. For example, February 2017 allocations are expected to begin on Monday, February 6 and conclude at midnight on Sunday, February 12.

We expect to implement functionality that will allow you to get additional bottles following an allocation period - before bottles become available to others to purchase (that is, if any bottles remain). Some beers will be more limited and/or exclusive in nature, such as beers included with your 2017 Society membership. Other beers may be “exclusive” to the extent that no quantities remain following a Society allocation. The amount we produce of each brand will greatly impact which beers may be available to others following their Society release. Your best bet for acquiring the beers you want - always at a discount - is early in your allocation period.

Beers will be ready for pickup or delivery one week following their release (typically, the Monday following Society Member Monday). As in recent past, beers will be available to sample at The Bruery Tasting Room on Society Member Monday (which is one week before these beers are planned to be ready for pickup / delivery.)

2. Blackcomb

Blackcomb Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2015 California

INCLUDED BEERS AND MERCHANDISE (HOARDERS)

24 BEERS, INCLUDING:

Three bottles each of:

Rue D'Floyd™

Mash & French Toast™

Beauregarde™

Black Tuesday® - Port

Two bottles each of:

Befuddlement™

Wineification™ with Napa Cabernet Sauvignon

Room for More™

Mélange #9™

The Bruery Hoarders Cuvee™

Bruery Terreux Hoarders Cuvee™

HOARDERS SOCIETY BRANDED:

Custom Walnut Bottle Opener

Pair of Custom Bottle Stoppers

Pair of Schott Zwiesel 29.8 oz. Snifters

Commemorative Pin

6-Bottle Tote Bag

#2 Blackcomb, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    jamesar likes this.
  3. Alphateam

Alphateam Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2013 Michigan

INCLUDED BEERS AND MERCHANDISE (HOARDERS)

10 BEERS*
    Rue D'Floyd (3 bottles, 2017)
    Mash & French Toast (3 bottles)
    Befuddlement (2 bottles, 2017)
    Room for More (2 bottles)

HOARDERS SOCIETY BRANDED
    Custom Walnut Bottle Opener
    Pair of Custom Bottle Stoppers
    Pair of Schott Zwiesel 29.8 oz. Snifters
    Commemorative Pin
    6-Bottle Tote Bag

4. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (544) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

5. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (159) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

Can't wait for that PIN!!

6. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

2017 Growler and tickets for Kickoff Celebration are up.

7. dirtyhalos

dirtyhalos Initiate (108) Apr 10, 2014 California
    Trader

new 2017 reserve member :+1:

StrangerBrews and Blackcomb like this.
  8. JRGVII

JRGVII Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2015 Texas

PS16 to RS17 member! Stoked for this year!

9. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (187) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Just got the Society Kickoff tickets, are these to be picked up before the event or just bringing your I.D to event is suffice?

10. scs

scs Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2013 California

does anyone know if the new 32oz growler is required for society growler fills, or can we use one from a previous year now?

11. OCJeff

OCJeff Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2015 California

Previous year is fine if you are still a current member.

12. OCJeff

OCJeff Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2015 California

Looks like 2017 has started already!

For those of you upgrading -- New discount levels are being applied to all purchases

13. StrangerBrews

StrangerBrews Initiate (122) Oct 27, 2015 California
    Trader

PS16 to RS17 upgrade! Got my Kickoff tickets just to specifically show off that SHINY NEW PIN!!!

TrojanRB likes this.
  14. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2014 California

Just bought 2 tickets to the kickoff event (RS 2017), I was given 10% due to my PS loyalty discount (PS member for 4 consecutive quarters). When I emailed them and asked if I should have been given a 15% discount they said, "The 15% discount will begin to apply on or around January 1, 2017."

esimonoff likes this.
  15. Jfa82

Jfa82 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2016 California

Did they remove BT Port? Didnt see it in the email, or it could be that my vision sucks.

16. CaptainPancakes

CaptainPancakes Aspirant (220) Oct 16, 2012 California
    Trader

The email only lists what's in the initial package. The rest of the included beers won't be available until later in the year.

Jfa82 likes this.
  17. brewaddict

brewaddict Aspirant (276) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

The email I got a few weeks back about the party said "$29.99, society discount already included". So, I don't think you should have received a discount off of that. I'm seeing 15% off of bottles and the growler.

Edit: something is messed up with the cart. If I have one bottle, one growler, and one party ticket, I get 15% on the bottle and the growler and no discount on the party. But If I drop the bottle (I was only testing), I get 10% off of the growler and the ticket. If I drop the ticket, I get 15% off of the growler.

StrangerBrews likes this.
  18. dirtyhalos

dirtyhalos Initiate (108) Apr 10, 2014 California
    Trader

help a reserve noob out. I'll probably make it down to the Bruery 7-10 times throughout the year to pick up bottles. Right now, I'm feeling particularly cheap and am thinking on passing on the growler as I don't know if I'll get a lot of use out of it. Any strong opinions on the quality of the growler fill options and how much I may regret passing?

2beerdogs and StrangerBrews like this.
  19. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (2,484) Aug 13, 2010 North Carolina
    Society

they have some pretty legit things on tap and available for fills.

20. StrangerBrews

StrangerBrews Initiate (122) Oct 27, 2015 California
    Trader

I agree with dirtyhalos above. It will be worth it in order to get those fills of Society-only brews. You'll be kicking yourself if the only reason you can't take 32oz of gold home is because you didnt have the proper container.

I am particularly excited to get this, fill it up with something epic, then take it home to my new Fizzics system and see how it changes my favorite breweries beer qualities since my 64oz Bruery Growler can't fit inside but this 32oz will! :-)

dirtyhalos likes this.
  21. aquazr1

aquazr1 Defender (657) Jul 27, 2013 California

I would get one. I live a few hours away and don't make it very often. I have found that when I don't have time to spend in the tap room when making bottle pickups if I'm on a quick trip getting a growler filled is the way to go.

johnInLA and dirtyhalos like this.
  22. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (226) May 2, 2016 California
    Trader

You also need to factor in other local breweries that fill 32oz, as this coming year's Bruery is the same as 2016's Rare Barrel growler, which has been my favorite by far. Easy latch, thick rubber washer and slick design; just slap some tap over the cover and get it filled elsewhere.

dirtyhalos likes this.
  23. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2014 California

counter point, only got mine filled once in '16 and regret buying it. I get plenty of beer in the bottles and dont feel the need to buy an expensive growler fill of stuff I already have. The one exception was mash and coco which I felt I didn't get enough bottles of. Everything else a taster + my purchased bottles are plenty for me.

But im 35 and my wife doesnt drink beer so I dont really need 32 oz of rocket fuel that needs to be consumed ASAP. I guess its different for people still drinking with the guys every weekend.

dirtyhalos likes this.
  24. brewaddict

brewaddict Aspirant (276) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

I just purchased one even though I'll probably only get to use it once or twice in 2017. They do serve as a great container for other cold or hot beverages. Yes, you can get an unmarked one for $11 less, but it's a pretty cool logo.

dirtyhalos likes this.
  25. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I'll get one later, as my one from 2015 is still in limbo somewhere and I'm not missing it. In GA you can use any growler really, but even with that I only get an actual growler from somewhere maybe twice a year. I would use it for a water bottle or to go on my shelf of ever expanding Bruery glassware more than anything.

26. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

You should work on getting rid of that feeling ASAP. Being cheap and allotments of $40 beers creates too much internal conflict.

Lucular, BWood, TrojanRB and 2 others like this.
  27. BeerBaron666

BeerBaron666 Aspirant (215) May 13, 2009 California
    Trader

Society kickoff sold out already? Wtf

28. soco89ziegler

soco89ziegler Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2015 California

I'm seeing that too. That sucks

29. BeerBaron666

BeerBaron666 Aspirant (215) May 13, 2009 California
    Trader

Should have been members only no +1 if it was that limited.

Joe_Mahma and soco89ziegler like this.
  30. Randall33

Randall33 Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2016 California

Where exactly is the barrel warehouse?

31. RFX

RFX Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2014 California

Shocked at how fast the event sold out. Anyone think there's a chance of a second session?

32. AndyBrewsBeer

AndyBrewsBeer Initiate (88) May 6, 2015 California
    Trader

Pretty much right behind the Society Fufillment Center. You can park in the tasting room parking lot and easily walk over.

33. Simkevin

Simkevin Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2009 California

Yes very shocked how fast they sold out. Seems weird that they put up a onsale till Jan 5th and then it sells out in a few hrs. I didn't get tickets and just wondering why they would put a plus one which is not allowing hard paying members the right to a planned party for close to a month.

BeerBaron666 likes this.
  34. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

I live in Oregon and come down probably 3 times a year and still only use my growlers for water and/or hot tea.

dirtyhalos likes this.
  35. johnInLA

johnInLA Savant (913) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society Trader

The phase "Know Thy Self" comes to mind.

Think of two scenarios.

1. You bought a growler a didn't fill it in 2017

2. You didn't buy a growler and really wanted to take a fill home but couldn't.

Which bothers you more?

Flodiesel, Coldstorage and dirtyhalos like this.
  36. BeersandBread

BeersandBread Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2016 California

I'm confused on multiple levels and would love some clarification on the growler fills.
    On the old website menu, which mimicked the tasting room menu, there were beers that had a RS$32. Does that mean those beers cost $32 for a 2 liter fill or a 32oz fill? Or something else?

Then there is this bit: "A current Reserve Society membership is required to fill the Society's logo 32 ounce growler only with these beers. All public 2 liter growler fills are available as 32 ounce fills as well. Please inquire with your bartender for prices."

Does this mean that a reserve member can fill a 32oz growler for a lower cost than the 2 liter? If so I'm curious if it's equal money-wise.

Finally, on the new website it makes it seem like there is only 1 society growler fill at a time. Is that the case?
    Just trying to do math on this new growler. It's pricey.

37. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

RS 32 refers to the size of the growler, not the price.

Edit: I guess I didn't quite answer the whole question...

The RS 32 growler fills are only able to be filled by RS or HS members with their 32 oz society growlers. Also, RS/HS can fill their society growlers with anything else from the 2L list.

#37 ivegot3Dvision, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    BeersandBread likes this.
  38. johnInLA

johnInLA Savant (913) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society Trader

RS32 is also a Reserve/Hoarder Society exclusive. HS32 is A Hoarder Exclusive. For Public growler fills 32 oz fills are roughly 1/2 the 2 litter price.

BeersandBread likes this.
  39. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

To clarify, sometimes there are RS/HS32 growler fills from the non society exclusive list.

johnInLA and BeersandBread like this.
  40. RFX

RFX Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2014 California

A friend of mine is a completely new member and is really ticked off right now. First, he had to go 3 months after paying his $300 not hearing anything except maybe one email, which is understandable but definitely anticlimactic, and now the kickoff event sold out before he even got a chance to login. Pretty poor way to start the year, especially for a brand new member.

2beerdogs, garlicNhops and Dka67 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.