Bruery 2017 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tokimedo, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NDogg44

NDogg44 Initiate (114) Oct 21, 2015 Texas
    Trader

He said they were planning to offer that option. Later on he stated that state laws (or something like that) prohibited them from allowing 2017 orders to be picked up in DC. I would have bought quite a bit during the 12 Days of Christmas sale if I could have picked it up in DC.

2. Dimidiata

Dimidiata Initiate (90) Jul 14, 2017 California
    Trader

I know the Black Tuesday orders from October are available to be picked up in DC, so now I'm just confused.

3. Xul

Xul Champion (812) May 18, 2008 California
    Trader

Were you required to select DC pickup during the purchase? If so, it seems like the legal distinction exists at the time of the order and where the transaction is legally taking place. By selecting DC, The Bruery could say that they were self-distributing Black Tuesday to DC and you were legally purchasing it in Washington DC. In contrast, other 2017 transactions would not have taken place in DC - since they didn't offer that option at the time of purchase - so The Bruery would not be self-distributing your other 2017 orders, they'd be taking beer that was legally sold to a consumer in CA and shipping it across state lines.

From a consumer standpoint it sort of sucks, but - assuming they specifically allowed the DC option at the time of purchase for Black Tuesday - it more or less makes sense from a legal standpoint.

Dimidiata, BruerJoel and kbenson like this.
  4. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 California

Just
    My bet is it has to due with sales tax collected at time of sale. I think bottles destined for D.C. would use the higher D.C. rate. Hard to go back and collect on taxes for beer already sold in CA. Just a thought.

Dimidiata and BruerJoel like this.
  5. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Initiate (177) Jun 23, 2013 California

Stupid Budweiser and their Three-Tiered System!

6. BeerBaron666

BeerBaron666 Aspirant (215) May 13, 2009 California
    Trader

stopped by the terruex tasting room last night so i could try those new Bruecicle beers, unfortunately they were tapped out of the dragonfruit guava one that looks like pepto. They did have 3 other variants tho, spiced-pear raspberry, pineapple mango blood orange, and black currant blackberry. i really liked the first two, nice and thick mouthfeel with MASSIVE amounts of fruit flavor and a nice tartness. Easily the best new beers ive had from Bruery in forever. The blackberry black currant was overloaded with lavender, which overshadowed all other flavors. Grabbed two crowlers each of the spiced pear raspberry and pineapple mango blood orange. Will probably go back today for some crowlers to send to friends.

also tried sour in the rye with coconut and pineapple and it was rancid. Tasted nothing like it did in its glory days. One sip and dumped it. Unfortunate.

PG2G and StrangerBrews like this.
  7. husbunny

husbunny Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2017 California

This was the crowd favorite. I'm just perplexed that it was a December release and not a "damn its hot as balls out" summer release.

#4927 husbunny, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    fegelFatso likes this.
  8. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (538) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

To be fair, it's been a warm winter.

fegelFatso likes this.
  9. StrangerBrews

StrangerBrews Initiate (122) Oct 27, 2015 California
    Trader

So glad to hear this, Ryan Dick (the TR manager of Terreux) has a vision for these beers and it's awesome to see it get a great response. They are damn good!!

10. mukesmemehouse

mukesmemehouse Initiate (36) Jan 5, 2016 California

So are they getting bottled next year?

fegelFatso likes this.
  11. StrangerBrews

Trader

I would hope so, but this is most likely a test run to gauge public reaction. Bruery listens to their customer base, so if you like it and want more - tell them!

fegelFatso likes this.
  12. PMR

PMR Initiate (123) Mar 31, 2005 California

We’d love to package these, but we’re adding fruit right before packaging into kegs, not allowing a refermentation to occur. In addition, we’re adding lactose to many of these beers. If we packaged these, and we’re not kept constantly cold, would become much drier and overcarbonated. Pasteurization is an option, but we currently don’t have this ability at Bruery Terreux. You are right though— if You want it bad enough, we’ll figure out a way!

Cheers,
    Patrick
    The Bruery

13. fegelFatso

Ryan Dick = The Man!!!

luwak, Mantis, Hype_Train and 2 others like this.
  14. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (297) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

Wow, loved the mango bruesicle! Got some crowlers as well. Hope this style will be in their staple line up.

If I didn't dislike black currant, I would be all over the other bruesicle. Surprisingly, my wife loves black currants but preferred the mango version.

I enjoyed the sour in the rye with coconut and pineapple.

The mostra BT kicked on my pour, so I had a splash.

Definitely liked port BT. Still puzzled for those that said it tasted liked vindictive? I don't have the best memory, but I'd say it was pretty similar to the port BT '14 that was on draft last month. Certainly not a vast disparity.

luwak and fegelFatso like this.
  15. ernh

ernh Aspirant (201) Jun 10, 2012 California

Agree on Port BT. Had my first bottle last night and really enjoyed it. It's pretty hot, but on par with regular BT, so excited to try another in 6-12 months. I thought the port aspect was really nice: flavorful and well integrated. Definitely not as potent as Vindictive, and I'd say not even as potent as Sucre Meidira. I also liked that it was way less cloying than drinking actual port. Overall a nice change of pace from bourbon barrel, which though delicious can get repeatative at times.

Maybe come April 1 we'll get a Star Wars crossover: Porg Black Tuesday

luwak, Flodiesel, fegelFatso and 2 others like this.
  16. StrangerBrews

Trader

don't give Disney any ideas... lol

luwak, fegelFatso and ernh like this.
  17. fegelFatso

Well everyone, thank you for a great first year as a Hoarder! Off to the 2018 forum to begin year 2!

Cheers and Happy New Year!

luwak, Conneringo, ernh and 2 others like this.
  18. fegelFatso

luwak, johnInLA and ernh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.