Bruery 2017 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by tokimedo, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PG2G

PG2G Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2011 California

Damn I didn't know it sold out, that's ridiuclous lol. I wasn't home all day so didn't read the email in detail when it went out. Silly that sales for events like this aren't announced in advance.

2. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (188) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Check your email for Dec. 12.

3. PG2G

PG2G Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2011 California

Okay you win

Blackcomb likes this.
  4. johnInLA

johnInLA Savant (924) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society Trader

Honestly, the 3 month argument is pretty weak, considering that most of us have gone through the same thing, if not longer, and didn't complain about it. Why? We read fine print. Why would anyone complain about paying for a service that starts at 1/1/17, because it didn't start before 1/1/17.

Don't like the terms, don't pay for it.

Having said that, the fast sellout of the kickoff is a concern to all members. I wasn't planning on going. So I don't have a dog in this fight. But I truly hope The Bruery is not headed in the direction of defining their societies as having the privilege to join first come first serve click fests. Avoiding that nonsense is one of the reasons I am a member.

5. goofyballer

goofyballer Initiate (35) Dec 21, 2016 California

Re: growlers, I don't make it down often from norcal but even if only a few times a year, I'm pretty glad to take all the beer home with me that I can. Growler fills are very reasonably priced (usually much cheaper per oz than a comparable bottle) and you can sometimes get fills of cool small batch stuff (like, recently, Cordial BBLs/Buff BBLs) that you'd otherwise never get to see outside the taproom.

The growler itself is a little expensive this year (I think last year it was free if you chose it over the tote bag?) so that makes the decision harder, but you probably didn't join RS because you're worried about spending too much on beer :slight_smile:

I'm newly in Hoarders next year, excited to be here! :slight_smile:

SammyJaxxxx and fegelFatso like this.
  6. johnInLA

johnInLA Savant (924) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society Trader

Last year, The growler was "free," with your $300+ membership, provided you did not select the very nice travel bag, and at the time, your 2015 "free" growler could not be used in 2016.

Maybe its just me, but that doesn't meet my definition of free.

7. SoNiC21

SoNiC21 Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2015 California

Still waiting for them to fix the order history.....

Jaap, Rocket80, SUBER and 7 others like this.
  8. mysterye87

mysterye87 Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2014 California

Another year of a shared membership. I wish two people can me on the account for the membership stuff but eh my buddy goes allot more than I do.

9. King_Jaffe_Joffer9

King_Jaffe_Joffer9 Initiate (51) Jun 11, 2015 California

If you are in a shared "membership ". Maybe you should MAN up and get your own and stop leaching off a "friend ". IMHO. Yes. I wrote that.

10. hbmcdrew

hbmcdrew Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2016 California

+1

11. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2014 California

Tell your friend "he who smelt it dealt it"

Yeah this sucks.

You've got my vote. I will drop any club where I have to race other members to the sales. Its pretty much the only benefit of membership I really care about, the rest is icing.

12. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Is your 'friend' in fact you? Either way, it's been pretty well discussed since the dawn of Societies that your membership begins in the new year, paying ahead of time just locks your place in the club. I wouldn't and didn't expect any correspondence beforehand when I first bought into RS, and now two years in HS. The year period begins 1/1, so looking for details and info three months prior, and especially when a lot of questions are already answered here and in their own FAQ, seems silly. As far as the kickoff selling out, more and more people are into beer these days and the Bruery's Societies have grown in scale every year. It should be no shock to anyone that a big intro event would sell it fast. The only thing I can say on your friend's side is he is a 'brand new member', but also one who should know what he's getting into before becoming one.

beersandmiles, heatwaves and JRGVII like this.
  13. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (545) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

I share my membership for monetary reasons, give the guy a break.

14. Blackcomb

Blackcomb Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2015 California

Will be interesting for those that split how that would work when the other is in one of the tasting rooms trying to get a fill, pour, or discount of a RS/HS beer. I'm assuming without the cards it really won't anymore.

15. Blackcomb

Was lucky and as soon as I got the email yesterday I logged in and bought my growler and tickets to the kickoff party. I totally spaced on asking for a 2nd growler if they are available, so i'll have to email the team and ask to be put on that list.

Must admit I'm curious what merch they will have at the party. The Black Tuesday merch was pretty freaking cool. Would love to see some retro merch (bags from years past etc) out for purchase as well as some newer gear. @BruerJoel any insider tips on that one?

16. joetouchton

joetouchton Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2012 Delaware

i wonder if will we be able to buy merch online from the party???

StrangerBrews likes this.
  17. thewaterispoison

thewaterispoison Initiate (47) Jun 22, 2010 California

Haven't had RS in 2 years. Back in this year and looking forward to it. Got my growler and tickets to the party yesterday. Should be fun.

Blackcomb likes this.
  18. kbenson

kbenson Initiate (110) Aug 15, 2012 Texas

No poll this year?

fegelFatso likes this.
  19. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Initiate (179) Jun 23, 2013 California

New Hoarder in the house! PS15 to RS16 to HS17!

20. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2014 California

Whats the secret to advancing so fast? Did you spend a ton? I have heard that spending is not the only recommendation to being invited to HS, but still curious

21. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (159) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

Seriously, what is the trick. PS14, RS15, RS16, RS17. Spent over 2,000 in 15, around 2,000 in 16. Visited the tasting rooms less than 10 times but spent another $800 at the tasting room a year. In 17 I will be spending much less probably less than 1000, unless . Being in other clubs and having stockpiles of Bruery beers already, and I am over building verticles.

TNeedles likes this.
  22. elzacharino

elzacharino Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2014 California

And so it begins again.......

23. BruerJoel

BruerJoel Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2015 California

Hey, Tim! We'll have some new 2017 Reserve and Hoarders Society workshirts and glassware for sale, plus some Society merch from previous years.

infectedstouts and Blackcomb like this.
  24. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (159) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

For the record I don't really care, I was just surprised, unless this person maxed every release. I would accept a hoarders invite and be stoked, but it won't break my heart to never get in. There have only been 3-4 beers in the last few years that were hoarders exclusive and stayed that way that I missed out on and I still managed to get a taste or bottle of it.

25. RDMII

There is no rhyme/reason to HS invites.

End/

26. garlicNhops

garlicNhops Initiate (0) May 26, 2015 California

Please tell your friend not to worry. There's the anniversary party which is well worth it and tickets will be available weeks after they go on sale.

If I had to choose one event, it would definitely be the anniversary party.

drewone and johnInLA like this.
  27. OCJeff

OCJeff Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2015 California

People didn't like my poll last year, nor the fact that me, a lowly member (non-Moderator) started the thread to begin with. :slight_frown:

It does create some overhead keeping it current (the beer release list) but a friendly mod is all you need to get it done and it's a nice reference point.

28. FinnishFox

FinnishFox Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2016 California

Is it just me or does $40 for a growler seem pretty steep?

29. OCJeff

OCJeff Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2015 California

Apply your 15 or 20% discount too.

StrangerBrews likes this.
  30. RDMII

It beats those CO2 cartridge style growlers with the built in tap selling for $150 and leaking like crazy. Seriously, whoever designed that piece of shit needs to rethink things a little. I have people bring them in to fill, they drip beer all the way out of the store. I'll happily drop $40 on a vessel I know seals properly.

31. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2014 California

@BruerJoel - will next year also allow people who have the growler to get fills like this year? That was a great benefit for trustees.

Here's to a new year!

fegelFatso likes this.
  32. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2014 California

I also went PS -> RS -> HS all in a row. There is no rhyme or reason. Yes, I bought a good amount but no where near maxed. I also visited the tasting room and talked about them a lot on social media.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just threw darts on a wall to see who gets the invite.

33. mhenson42

mhenson42 Devotee (494) Nov 20, 2011 Texas

I don't think spend is the only factor. I joined RS in 2014 spent about $1700 or so before I got the HS invite for 2015 and only visited the Bruery once prior. I guess it was a smart decision buy the Bruery.... I spend a lot more now that I'm in HS. Lol

OCJeff likes this.
  34. BeersandBread

BeersandBread Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2016 California

Will we be able to buy the growler all year or do we have to buy it now?

35. Jafix

Jafix Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2016 California

From the email it says that new growlers are on sale through 8:30 a.m. on Monday, January 2, 2017.

Assume that means they will not be available past that point.

36. JRGVII

JRGVII Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2015 Texas

Anyone have experience with Klean Kanteen growlers? I probably won't hit the tap room too often, but I'm wondering if its a good growler; particularly for shipping.

37. StrangerBrews

StrangerBrews Initiate (124) Oct 27, 2015 California
    Trader

I mean, their 64oz growler was very reasonably priced, and their shirts are less than the average shirt when considering it's great quality and printing. I think the quality with anything Bruery branded is taken into consideration so I'm more than happy to pay a little premium for something that "not the average bruery fan" will have the privelage of owning/filling. This is coming from a PS15 member for 2 quarters who got the opportunity to upgrade.

goofyballer and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  38. joetouchton

joetouchton Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2012 Delaware

where do i find said merchandise

39. Blackcomb

This set mentioned will be at the society kickoff party on the 7th.

40. Blackcomb

I agree with with some of the statements above. Well rounded participation in Bruery events, social media, and purchases (both online and in person) are probably your best bet. No one here knows the exact metrics used. Was PS 13 > RS 14 > RS 15 > RS 16 > HS 17 for what it's worth.

Josh stole this idea from me. :wink:

fegelFatso and StrangerBrews like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.