Bruery 2017 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tokimedo, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquazr1

aquazr1 Defender (657) Jul 27, 2013 California

Like those of us that live too far away to make it on a Monday...

JRGVII and RDMII like this.
  2. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (679) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Teleporter technology can't be too far away...

aquazr1, JRGVII and RDMII like this.
  3. FinnishFox

FinnishFox Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2016 California

I went on Monday and it was packed. Showed up at 8:30 but thankfully had a friend who showed up at 7:30 and still had not gotten his 1st round of pours so we were able to have him get us pours. Took him over an hour to get a pour.

4. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I'm anxiously waiting.

5. brewaddict

brewaddict Aspirant (276) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

We need Elon Musk to finish his hyperloop. I always wanted to ride in that tube that they used to use at the bank drive through.

6. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2014 California

He actually just started working on the prototype! It will be interesting to see how this goes.

7. brewaddict

Trader

If I can truly get from the Bay Area to LA in 30 minutes, you'll have another regular for SMM.

KevSal, fegelFatso and JoshBeerNow like this.
  8. Aaronkv

Aaronkv Initiate (160) Jul 9, 2013 California
    Trader

It'll get you to LA in 30. Then there's the 2-3 hours of traffic you gotta sit through.

KevSal, Sumdeus, SLOCruzin and 9 others like this.
  9. JoshBeerNow

HAHAHAHA. So true. Even if he takes the train, which there is a stop a short walk from Terreux, it would be another hour at least.

10. brewaddict

Trader

By the time he get's the hyperloop built, I can use my personal teleportation device to get me the last 30 miles from down town LA to Placentia.:astonished:

Aaronkv likes this.
  11. JRGVII

JRGVII Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2015 Texas

Anyone wanna share their "wants" from the Terreux "blasts from the past" and Feb. 14ths "new and archive society merch?"

Beer-wise, I'd like to try Filmishmish and The Wanderer. Merch-wise, I'm crossing my fingers for a leisure bag! (which is probably a long shot)

Also, I'm in Houston and found Frucht:Boysenberry at a local shop. Like the other Fruchts I've had, it's delicious! But the best part was that I happened to find a 2012 Rueuze on a shelf full of 2016 Rueuze! Idk if the bruery snuck it in, or if they shipped it on accident, but either way, jackpot!

KevSal, 2beerdogs, Beernerds and 3 others like this.
  12. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

There's a place nearby that still has 2014 Rueuze and Oude Tart on the shelf. I go grab one every once in a while to keep from depleting my stash.

Blast from the past? Ichigo Highway, Otiose, Oui Oui, Pinotlambicus, and Windowsill.

ivegot3Dvision likes this.
  13. Blackcomb

Blackcomb Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2015 California

Did I miss an email?

*Update: Nevermind....see it at the bottom of the allocation email.

#1133 Blackcomb, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  14. joetouchton

joetouchton Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2012 Delaware

yea sucks they dont put any of the merch online

15. JoshBeerNow

I was asked by some peeps about what they should redo earlier this year and I was all over Ichigo Highway and got shut down real quick. Everyone agrees that beer is great but it's a bit difficult to do. Strawberries in general, are a pain to work with.

Windowsill would be a great option and I would think with Jeremy driving Terreux any of those wine mixes would be easy enough to do.

Beernerds likes this.
  16. Blackcomb

We need more barleywines. MOR Josh......MOR.

RDMII likes this.
  17. Blackcomb

Just got this Email. Looking forward big time to the anniversary party. Looks like they will open at noon for the next SMM. Cool!

Contents below:

What do you think of the beers so far?

The turnout for Society Member Monday at our Bruery Terreux Tasting Room on Monday was incredible! Thanks to all who came out (and waited patiently) to taste our latest releases. See what members are saying about them on Untappd - Pommereux, Mocha Wednesday (2017), Frucht: Boysenberry, White Chocolate (2017), Mélange #3 (2017) and Tart of Darkness (2017). In fact, when Mocha Wednesday (2017) gets a couple more ratings under its belt, it could find itself in the Top Rated list on Untappd, joining Black Tuesday Reserve and Chocolate Rain. Don't miss out on getting your hands on bottles during this current allocations period, which ends this Sunday, February 12.

Our next Society Member Monday event is Monday, March 6 at our Bruery Terreux Tasting Room. We'll open at noon that day to help make your Monday more comfortable and enjoyable.

Exactly two months after that is our 9th Anniversary Festival on Saturday, May 6. Learn more about this cornerstone Society event below!

THE BRUERY 9TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL
    Now in its ninth year, our Anniversary Festival has become one of the most highly anticipated beer festivals each year. It’s a celebration of world class beer with friends of ours from some of the most highly regarded and award-winning breweries. In addition to the beer, the festival invites local coffee, craft soda, food and gift vendors to feature their crafts as well.

All of the net proceeds made from ticket sales as well as sponsorship funds benefit The Boys & Girls Club of Central Orange Coast. Their mission is to promote the positive and healthy development of youth by providing services that build the skills, civility and self-confidence necessary to succeed in a competitive world. The organization serves youth ages 6-18 in the cities of Costa Mesa, Irvine, Newport Beach and Orange, and is laser focused on providing a first-class mentoring experience and the support system they need to succeed in the 21st Century.

We share in their belief that every child deserves the opportunity to reach their full potential and are proud to support this organization through our 9th Anniversary Festival.

SAVE THE DATE
    Date
    : Saturday, May 6, 2017
    Time: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
    (12:00 p.m. early entry for Hoarders)
    Location: The Phoenix Club (1340 S. Sanderson Ave., Anaheim, CA 92806)

Tickets ($69.99, member discount already applied) include unlimited samples of over 200 beers from some of the world's top breweries, including many limited one-offs and archive releases from The Bruery and Bruery Terreux. Tickets also include catered food, a commemorative taster glass, samples from some of our favorite craft vendors, and first access to limited edition merchandise.

Tickets are first-come, first-served (limit 4 for Hoarders Society / limit 2 for Reserve Society) and go on sale on Monday, March 6. Ticket sales conclude Friday, March 31 (while supplies last).

PARTICIPATING BREWERIES

Here are the first 40 confirmed participating breweries.

Additional breweries, beer lists and food menu will be released over the upcoming weeks and month.

Abnormal Beer Company
    Alesmith Brewing Company
    Almanac Beer Co.
    Artifex Brewing Company
    Avery Brewing Company
    Bagby Beer Company
    Beachwood BBQ & Brewing
    Bottle Logic Brewing
    Casa Agria Specialty Ales
    Cascade Brewing Barrel House
    Chapman Crafted Beer Company
    El Segundo Brewing Company
    Evans Brewing Co.
    Firestone Walker Brewing Company & Barrelworks
    Garage Project
    Golden Road Brewing
    Good Beer Company
    Highland Park Brewery
    Kern River Brewing Company
    King Harbor Brewing
    Libertine Brewing Company
    Mason Ale Works
    Mikkeller
    Modern Times Beer
    Monkish Brewing Company
    Mother Earth Brew Co.
    Noble Ale Works
    Perennial Artisan Ales
    Phantom Carriage Brewery
    Pizza Port Brewing Company
    Port Brewing & The Lost Abbey
    Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
    Smog City Brewing Company
    Societe Brewing Company
    Stone Brewing
    TAPS Fish House & Brewery
    The Rare Barrel
    Third Window Brewing Co.
    Three Weavers Brewing Company
    Tustin Brewing Company

PARTICIPATING VENDORS

Participating vendors include but are not limited to the following:

Augies Coffee House
    Banzai Jerky
    Modern Times Coffee
    MOSTRA COFFEE
    Reed's Ginger Brew & Virgil's Natural Sodas
    TCHO - New American Chocolate
    The Brauhaus

We hope to see you there!

*details subject to change

AndyBrewsBeer likes this.
  18. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (187) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Hope Rare Barrel comes through.

19. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (679) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Will be fun times again. Slight pre-game on the train ride up. Walk over to the venue. Give the Ducks the finger as I pass on by. Drink/Eat/Be Merry. Walk back to train station while giving the Ducks the finger again. Train back down.

Hopefully this time the train ride will not include us stopping in Oceanside for an additional 30minutes while police are called to remove 2 unruly individuals.

2beerdogs, Conneringo and TNeedles like this.
  20. ernh

ernh Aspirant (205) Jun 10, 2012 California

Valentine's Day is a Tuesday, so perhaps we'll see a range of beers that incorporate Black Tuesday. With their humor, I could also see the BBLS series pop up. Or possibly a bunch of beers with chocolate (do they make any with flowers?) - OR, maybe they just put up stuff that's burning a hole on the warehouse shelves :wink:

Blackcomb likes this.
  21. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 California

They need to expand on what the choices for lunch will be. Previous years have been quite disappointing, especially since you can't even bring snacks in.

TNeedles likes this.
  22. husbunny

husbunny Initiate (30) Jan 6, 2017 California

Reserve Society Trustees & Taproom Privileges?
    Can I have my trustee fill my 32oz growler? I am always asked for my ID to find my account, even though I am handing them the 32oz RS growler. Being that my trustee drives down the 57 on a regular basis, I would love it if he could fill my growler on his way where we live.

23. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (187) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Couldn't edit but last year it went out quick!

24. Keyser

Keyser Initiate (86) Jan 27, 2015 California
    Trader

Pretty normal for Rare Barrel at events like this from my experience. Long lines until they run out...

AyeDogg likes this.
  25. JoshBeerNow

The answer is no. I had an at length discussion with @BruerJoel who told me that while that was ok in the past, the feature was rolled back I think last year. Only the member can fill a growler and they must verify it per your ID.

(of course you may always get lucky)

On a side note, is it just me or did ticket prices go up again? $70 for tickets! We're getting a bit crazy now.

26. Saxmusik45

Saxmusik45 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2011 California

Pretty sure it's been $60 for at least the last 4 years. So yeah, looks like a $10 price hike. I wonder if they'll provide the "taxable value" on the tickets like Firestone does for FWIBF. That way, you can not have any qualms over deducting the rest on your taxes, for those of us who qualify for itemized deductions. Every little bit helps, right?

KevSal and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  27. JoshBeerNow

Wait, what? You itemize this? Are you claiming it as a business expense?

28. rrryanc

rrryanc Initiate (0) May 19, 2006 California

Donation to charity (Boys and Girls Club).

KevSal, 2beerdogs and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  29. OCJeff

OCJeff Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2015 California

I'm not a tax attorney but from my understanding you cannot deduct something that you get a gain from (like a charity dinner, or beer).

Edit: It is tax season right? - I guess a portion of it could be deductible, like you said if they said what that value was.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-too...u-Think-You-Can-Claim-but-Can-t/INF22344.html

Gifts that benefit you
    The time factor of gift eligibility isn't the only misconception taxpayers have, according to Parquette. "We see a lot of disallowed claims because the donor received value." By IRS definition, charitable contributions represent gifts given without reciprocity. Supporting a charitable organization by buying merchandise or attending an event puts you into the got-something-in-return category. The price you pay for food, wrapping paper or magazines sold in fundraisers cannot be fully deducted; only the difference between your purchase price and fair market value qualifies. For example, paying $10 for a roll of wrapping paper from a school group that carries an $8 price tag in retail outlets gives you a $2 deduction. Likewise, buying a $50 ticket to a charitable event that includes a meal translates into a $20 deduction after subtracting the $30 you would have paid for that meal in a restaurant.

JRGVII likes this.
  30. Blackcomb

Man....SMM feedback, Hyperloop speculation, and tax talk on the same page in the 2017 Bruery BA thread. Never ceases to amaze! :grinning:

31. Saxmusik45

Saxmusik45 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2011 California

Yeah, I mean two Firestone tickets cost $180, only $20 of which they state is taxable on the ticket. That's $160 worth of cash charitable contributions. Why wouldn't you claim that if you could?

SammyJaxxxx, SuperWhip and OCJeff like this.
  32. Jafix

Jafix Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2016 California

Guess if you live far enough away, you'll want to make friends with another member to get your growler fills for you now.

33. ernh

ernh Aspirant (205) Jun 10, 2012 California

No, wait... I got it... Boxed set with one of every Frucht: "Get Frucht on Valentine's Day"

rodbeermunch likes this.
  34. ayearetee

ayearetee Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2016 California

QUESTION: For those of you who have had both of them.. do you prefer Mocha Wednesday or Chocolate Rain? 2016 versions.

Thanks for your input!

35. johnInLA

johnInLA Savant (912) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society Trader

Does anyone know the vintage of the White Chocolate available for Growler fills?

The Tasting room site doesn't list the vintage and the 16.6% ABV doesn't align with 2017's 13.8%

Thanks

36. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2014 California

The last batch, 2016.

johnInLA likes this.
  37. ScottBrackin760

ScottBrackin760 Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2014 California

So this year is Saule or Willow. Please tell me they're making a version of Mash with Willow flowers and calling it Mash-Mardigan in honor of the great Madmardigan

KevSal and StrangerBrews like this.
  38. OCJeff

OCJeff Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2015 California

For me, 100% MW. I just had one the other night and it reminded me how good and balanced it really was. For my tastes CR was way too sweet. I didn't even buy any for 2016 due to how it tasted on tap in the Tasting room. This year I maxed out on the MW, plus the reviews coming in have been very strong.

Saule:

Barrel-aged releases (very limited supply): White Chocolate, Mélange No. 3, Saule anniversary ale 100% aged in bourbon barrels (Saule is French for “willow”), Mash with a special ingredient, So Happens It’s Tuesday, Tart of Darkness, Sans Pagaie, Oude Tart, Sour in the Rye

39. ScottBrackin760

ScottBrackin760 Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2014 California

I was referring to the Saule (willow) party with the tongue in cheek hopes of making a version of Mash in honor of the character Madmardigan from the movie "Willow"

StrangerBrews likes this.
  40. PG2G

PG2G Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2011 California

Never understood why people stand in such a long line for Rare Barrel at events when their beer is so easy to obtain.

KevSal, rodbeermunch and BeerBaron666 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.