Bruery 2017 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tokimedo, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnCassillo

JohnCassillo Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2013 California

I mean, it's not like it's sitting around on draft and at bottle shops in Southern California. And plenty of folks come to the Bruery event (and other CA beer events) from out of state.

mukesmemehouse and JRGVII like this.
  2. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2014 California

And last year there was barely a line. It was maybe a 4 minute wait, if that.

JohnCassillo likes this.
  3. Original_Fake

Original_Fake Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2013 North Carolina

To be fair, it is popping up in bottle shops now.

4. JoshBeerNow

RB? Where? I've seen De Garde but not RB.

5. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (246) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Trader

K&L

6. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (680) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Showing up in all the bottle shops here in SD. Latest was Wise Guise I think either yesterday or tuesday.

KevSal likes this.
  7. Original_Fake

Original_Fake Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2013 North Carolina

Vendome Beverley Hills too.

8. BeerBaron666

BeerBaron666 Aspirant (215) May 13, 2009 California
    Trader

beeradvocate's favorite shop craftbeerkings just got 3 different rarebarrel bottles in

9. juji23

juji23 Initiate (41) Mar 15, 2015 California

Actually I think the 16.6% is the 2015 batch which came out in 2016 ( White capsule top). The 2016 batch which came out later in the year was back at 15% ( purple capsule )

elemenohpee1 and johnInLA like this.
  10. mukesmemehouse

mukesmemehouse Initiate (36) Jan 5, 2016 California

Imperial cabinet

JRGVII and mancallede like this.
  11. johnInLA

johnInLA Savant (914) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society Trader

Yeah, that's what it looked like to me, but wasn't sure.

But 2017 looks like it is on at the Terreux tasting room.

12. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (226) May 2, 2016 California
    Trader

Depending on the event, I think it's because people see the word "rare" and therefore are inclined to wait for it.

AyeDogg likes this.
  13. joetouchton

joetouchton Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2012 Delaware

anybody in here a hoarder? i has a question

14. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (680) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

A few of us...yes.

15. Saxmusik45

Saxmusik45 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2011 California

Public boards are good places to leave questions. You could just type your question.

KevSal, heatwaves, Alphateam and 6 others like this.
  16. Blackcomb

Blackcomb Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2015 California

Yup, whats the question?

17. joetouchton

i wanna try the cuvee's would anyone be willing to fill a growler for me ill pay plus whatever u want if not i understand

18. JoshBeerNow

I'm willing to bet most of that reply are HS.

And no we don't have extra tickets for sale to the event :wink:

19. joetouchton

i dont want a ticket

20. Saxmusik45

Saxmusik45 Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2011 California

This guy and dcguns should start a podcast.

21. goofyballer

goofyballer Initiate (35) Dec 21, 2016 California

Don't think I've seen anything in this thread so far - the Bruery posted on Twitter that they're collaborating in Sierra Nevada's latest Beer Camp project. Found a link here about the beer: http://allaboutbeer.com/sierra-nevada-beer-camp-across-the-world/

YES PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY

KevSal, JRGVII, JohnCassillo and 3 others like this.
  22. SoNiC21

SoNiC21 Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2015 California

Sounds interesting, but the end result of it really I guess we'll have to see.

JRGVII and mukesmemehouse like this.
  23. skiking70

skiking70 Aspirant (242) Sep 23, 2014 Maryland
    Trader

It sounds like a great summer 12 pack. I wonder what the trade value will be? I'm kidding.

24. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (2,486) Aug 13, 2010 North Carolina
    Society

Got my glassware today. They shipped my Chronology Teku as well as the sizeable beer snifters. One of which was quite shattered upon arrival. Shot our friends an e-mail with a photo of the snifter in pieces and they replied back almost instantly that a replacement would be sent out ASAP. I performed the hand test on the one that arrived intact and my hand was still a little cramped. Does anybody own a shrink ray??

25. ernh

ernh Aspirant (206) Jun 10, 2012 California

Wow. Most of those sound pretty cool! I was disappointed with the last couple years but hope springs eternal!

26. King_Jaffe_Joffer9

King_Jaffe_Joffer9 Initiate (51) Jun 11, 2015 California

Ninth anniversary Email......
    Was anyone else's Email blank where it should have posted what time the tickets go on sale?

27. mukesmemehouse

mukesmemehouse Initiate (36) Jan 5, 2016 California

Question is...what style beer?

28. JRGVII

JRGVII Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2015 Texas

Being from Houston, it's cool to see Saint Arnold included. I wish they would've chosen another brand besides Boiler Room, but still awesome nonetheless. The Bruery collab sounds like it could be the leader in the clubhouse. Really looking forward to trying more than a few of those!

Beernerds likes this.
  29. theperk

theperk Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2012 California

Bruery Infection Report:

Opened a M15 this afternoon since I'd heard the infection talk. Easily the worst smelling beer I've ever put my nose on. Putrid would be an understatement. I took a taste and it was just as it smelled, horrid.

After that I went for a bottle of SHIT. I'd opened a bottle from B#2661 a couple months back and it had definitely turned. This bottle had progressed even further and was an instant drain pour. I decided to brave the storm yet again and opened another bottle of SHIT from B#2661... Identical to the previous bottle. One drink, two drink, dump.

All 3 bottles had been maintained at room temp since picking up from the brewery months ago. Luckily, that was my last bottle of M15. Unfortunately, I have 8 more bottles of SHIT, which as it turns out, might actually be shit.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  30. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 California

I had a SHIT B#2662 bottled 12/10/15 that was bad as well.

31. Mantis

Mantis Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2015 California

Cracked open my last M15. It's perfect, though I kept it in the fridge the whole time I had it. B#326 7/19/16. Delicious.

[​IMG]

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  32. bigdaddypolite

bigdaddypolite Disciple (393) Mar 2, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

Now that I have had a chance to try all of the January allocations (some of them twice), I really think that it was the single best month of allocations in my several years of Bruery Reserve/Hoarders membership. After a pretty disappointing 2016, it was really nice to start of 2017 on such a high note.

-Rue d' Floyd is just awesome. I enjoyed my second bottle more than the first, and both of them every bit as much as the original batch. I was worried I bought too many bottles before I tried the first one, but now I am glad I got so much of it. Probably my second favorite release of the last few years, behind only BT Reserve.
    -Mash & French Toast has been my favorite variant of the Mash series (just ahead of the also impressive Coconut).
    -Room for More is about as good as the original Room for Me, which puts it in the top handful of sours I have ever had from the Bruery.
    -Befuddlement was a personal favorite of mine from the Hoarders-only releases over the years, and glad to see it getting broader release.
    -Melange #5 was solid, and would have stood out more if the rest of the month hadn't been so great.

Anyway, I am getting burnt out on the infections and merch issues (not that the discussion/complaints aren't 100% legit...they really need to get these problems figured out). Wanted to inject some positivity from a cynical old-timer.

KevSal, TrojanRB, brewaddict and 8 others like this.
  33. SoNiC21

SoNiC21 Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2015 California

Cracked a bottle last night, same batch and date. Time was 8:28 000521, unfortunately it smelted as my girlfriend said "like a dirty towel" taste was turning sour tart and off

34. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Initiate (173) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Trader

I had this problem when trying to look at the e-mail on my phone. All the info was there when viewing w/my laptop...

35. skiking70

skiking70 Aspirant (242) Sep 23, 2014 Maryland
    Trader

Just had a Rue D Floyd last night, what a great beer! I hope they utilize the base beer more moving forward, it was a welcome change of pace.

KevSal, m34josh and StrangerBrews like this.
  36. OCJeff

OCJeff Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2015 California

I think that is the key to good bottles versus bad. I had one around late December and it was fine (stored cold), and then another bottle opened 2 weeks later, stored at room temperature and it was bad.

37. JoshBeerNow

I couldn't agree more. I've still got a bottle of Floyd D'Rue in the fridge from the original bad batch and I think it might be time to give it a shot. It's been in the fridge this whole time so hopefully it's still good.

38. Alphateam

Alphateam Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2013 Michigan

I had mine at 60-65 degrees or so when I put mine in the refrigerator when the reports of off flavors started. Mine was fine.

johnInLA likes this.
  39. Yabu

Yabu Disciple (311) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

I'm going to disagree. It can't be the main reason b/c I just picked up a bottle of M15 from the bruery last week. Got home, and it went straight to the fridge. The next day, I opened up M15. It was totally infected. I don't know anything about what causes infections nor do I pretend. But some bottles are infected regardless of how they were stored.

TNeedles likes this.
  40. OCJeff

OCJeff Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2015 California

IMHO refrigeration has a ton to do with infection. Case in point was the original Rue D' Floyd. They knew it would have issues if not stored cold.

Bruery 2014 RS/HS Allocations

[​IMG]

Not knowing anything about what accelerates an infection in beer, it still seems to be slowed down by refrigeration. I think maybe they missed something in the M15. Also, I'm not sure what temperature the M15 you bought was stored at. Could it have been in the tasting room at room temperature?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.