Bruery 2017 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tokimedo, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (241) May 2, 2016 California
    Trader

Well if it has souring/funky cultures in it, and beers that utilize those cultures aren't meant to be refrigerated, it would make sense that refrigerating an infected beer would slow the infection rate.

That being said, since RdF uses coffee, it went into the fridge automatically for me, I hate the green pepper from coffee.

2. brewaddict

brewaddict Aspirant (289) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

I agree. I don't have a lot of history with the Bruery as I was only PS for about a year and a half and this is my first year of RS. But, Rue D'Floyd is probably the best smelling beer that I've ever had. The cherries on the back end are a little sweet, but it still is fantastic. I'm also not a huge fan of sours. But, the fact that Befuddlement cuts some of the acid on the back end with the caramel sweetness is awesome! Keep up the great work guys. Really looking forward to the rest of the year.

BruerJoel, StrangerBrews and JRGVII like this.
  3. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Aspirant (275) Sep 23, 2014 California
    Trader

Refrigerating absolutely SLOWS the infection rate. I'm not saying it will prevent it but it can essentially stop a bottle that may show infections for some people from ever happening. The infection is still technically there, but you just can't tell.

Case in point, they were still pouring Floyd D'Rue well over a year after they told everyone it was infected because every bottle was stored in a fridge, not room temp. I'm not saying that every bottle passed the taste test, but clearly, there was enough to go around that it would last that long.

4. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (291) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

No, it wasn't bought at the tasting room. I would of mentioned that important fact. Picked up from the fulfillment center.

I always hate the rehashing of infected bottles & doubt anyone disagree's that refrigerating the beers is best/ideal. I just wanted to point out for others, that it's not their fault b/c it wasn't kept in the fridge. Some of M15 is infected, and undrinkable. I have had several friends who enjoyed their bottles, (same batch) so hopefully it's a small % .

SammyJaxxxx, theperk and TNeedles like this.
  5. JoshBeerNow

Trader

100% agreed. I was in no way implying that it was their fault. If it has the bacteria, it is infected and there is nothing you can do about that. What you can do however is still your bottles cold and that will slow down the process, and in many cases, stop them from ever presenting themselves.

Problem is, if the beer hasn't been pasteurized, by cold storing you also slow down the aging process.

So I guess it comes down to calculated risk. Store cold and dramatically reduces effects of infection but also lose the possibility of changes in flavors over time.

6. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (548) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

And I'm going to disagree with you because I do know a lot about yeasts and bacteria. Temperature has absolutely EVERYTHING to do with how quickly an infection takes hold. All yeasts and bacteria are inhibited below certain temperatures (except in extreme cases, which we aren't talking about here), so the bottle had to have warmed up over refrigeration temps for at least a little bit for it to taste infected. So, your statement about how some bottles are infected regardless of how they are stored simply isn't true.

7. fire34fighter

fire34fighter Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2013 Virginia

This whole having a week to buy allocations blows....They should make it at least 2 weeks.

8. ernh

ernh Aspirant (209) Jun 10, 2012 California

Found of a bottle of Sucre on the shelf in Whole Foods yesterday. Unexpected.

9. JRGVII

JRGVII Initiate (74) Oct 26, 2015 Texas

I like coming to this thread daily to read/talk about the bruery's beers, bc it makes me look forward to when my trustee ships a box out. But the past week has just been a continuous circle of infection talk and I feel like that's all I read about now.

Everyone's reasoning is to "warn people with the same batch," which may be the intent, but honestly, they're going to open the bottle whether you warn them or not, and it doesn't change whether the beer has bacteria in it or not; it just floods an otherwise fun thread with a rehashed issue that we're aware of. Maybe not everyone, but most people on here probably understand that the bruery has released infected beer and if they have bottles they're aging, they'll probably run across some.

Overall, it's just an observation and not directed at anyone in particular. I really do enjoy this thread bc I can get people's opinions and experiences with beer that is relatively new to me. I understand that not all of it will be positive, but we get it; the beer might be infected.

::sigh::

I need a beer

10. IKR

IKR Crusader (756) May 25, 2010 California
    Trader

I hear you, but the positive thing is you can see in the thread how quickly the Bruery is to refund their customers and make it right. I got burned with a couple of bottles of S.H.I.T. but upon notifying the Bruery I was refunded within a day. Here's to an infection-free 2017!

ernh and JRGVII like this.
  11. scs

scs Initiate (29) Sep 7, 2013 California

no second chance sales this week?

12. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (690) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Second chance comes AFTER the wishlist.

Edit: It's like...right there in the email

KEY DATES
    February 12: February initial allocations end
    February 13: Wish lists granted (as possible), fulfillment begins
    February 14: A second round of allocations begins | New and archive Society merchandise on sale | Valentines Day sale

JRGVII likes this.
  13. JoshBeerNow

Trader

Second week always starts on Tuesday

14. scs

scs Initiate (29) Sep 7, 2013 California

ah, for some reason i thought it was monday. thanks!

15. OCJeff

OCJeff Initiate (104) Mar 14, 2015 California

Too bad work doesn't start on Tuesday (for most of us). :rolling_eyes:

Edit: I would like to end my comments on M15 infection with this: One thought I had was that Cellar Temps != Food Refrigeration Temps. Not sure what Bruery stores their stuff at, mine was in the 35*F environment... Either way sucks you didn't get a great tasting bottle of M15 - but at least they refunded you.

16. juji23

juji23 Initiate (56) Mar 15, 2015 California
    Trader

What is the likelihood that Rue d F will become a regular part of the rotation? I know it's a collab, but it's So good and I only have one bottle left!

m34josh, JRGVII and OCJeff like this.
  17. JoshBeerNow

Trader

Well they rebrewed it and I doubt they came out here to do it together, but who knows. I also remember in 2014 that version WAY outsold the rum barrel version so clearly its a popular option. I'd be stoked to see it every couple of years.

KevSal and JRGVII like this.
  18. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I liked the rum version better. But I also love Smoking Wood. Me < majority.

StrangerBrews and ivegot3Dvision like this.
  19. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Aspirant (234) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Trader

Just cracked #326 07/19/16 08:26 000450 and is no bueno. Straight from Fulfillment Center to my fridge. It's not as far gone as those old White Chocolates were but is headed down the same path. Sourness and no walnuts.

20. Jafix

Jafix Initiate (71) Feb 7, 2016 California
    Trader

Second round bottles tomorrow, which will probably have pom bottles for reserve. Had a bit of that this past weekend at the tasting room, nice cider/beer blend.

21. Blackcomb

Blackcomb Initiate (49) Jun 3, 2015 California

Also looking forward to seeing what bottles/merch they will be releasing today as part of the Valentines Sale + Merch Sale.

SuperWhip, StrangerBrews and JRGVII like this.
  22. hbmcdrew

hbmcdrew Initiate (73) Nov 28, 2016 California

Do they do a v-day sale each year? If so, any memorable bottles/Merch from past sales?

23. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Aspirant (246) Oct 29, 2014 California
    Trader

This Friday the 17th is also a "National Drink Wine Day Sale".

24. FinnishFox

FinnishFox Initiate (118) Sep 28, 2016 California
    Trader

Lack of refrigeration does not cause an infection. It just exacerbates an existing infection because bacteria grow faster in warmer temperatures... but the bacteria has to be present in the first place.

Case in point, that Rue D'Floyd warning basically tells you up front it was "infected" with Lacto hence keep cool and drink ASAP - keeping it cold slows the bacteria growth and the sooner you drink it, the less time the bacteria has to grow.

25. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (241) May 2, 2016 California
    Trader

Nah previously it was special casks or one-offs at the tasting room, or maybe some extra TCHO chocolate to pair with beer, kinda like how the pocky sticks are fair game currently.

26. thewaterispoison

thewaterispoison Initiate (63) Jun 22, 2010 California
    Trader

27. hbmcdrew

I will buy a lot of this.

StrangerBrews, fegelFatso and Yabu like this.
  28. JRGVII

JRGVII Initiate (74) Oct 26, 2015 Texas

Leisure baaaaag! Had to snag some hoarders cuvée too!

StrangerBrews likes this.
  29. goofyballer

goofyballer Initiate (49) Dec 21, 2016 California

>Get email
    >See "Hoarders Cuvee"
    >SPRINT TO COMPUTER

YASSSSSS as a new Hoarders member this year who couldn't buy it last year this is super exciting. Now I just need an archive sale with Black Tuesday Reserve and my life will be complete. :slight_smile:

StrangerBrews, JRGVII and PBRandJ like this.
  30. hbmcdrew

Hoarders Cuvee available to current RS as well.

JRGVII likes this.
  31. SUBER

SUBER Aspirant (200) Jan 26, 2013 California
    Trader

Got another 2014 hs sweatshirt. One of the most comfortable zip sweatshirts I have. Glad I got another one for backup.
    2013 sweatshirt had a weird fit/shrank to fast.

32. Jfa82

Jfa82 Initiate (143) Apr 9, 2016 California
    Trader

Not anymore... :slight_frown::slight_frown::slight_frown::slight_frown:

33. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (172) Feb 8, 2017 California

I added it to my cart but then it never showed up to checkout.. WTF?

34. Jfa82

Jfa82 Initiate (143) Apr 9, 2016 California
    Trader

I'm not mad I missed the Hoarder's Cuvee...disappointed, but not mad...
    *gives Bruery peeps "disappointed parent look"

Serious though, I'm about to get more of that Mocha Wednesday

fegelFatso likes this.
  35. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (690) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Figured I would grab that 2014 HS hoodie...because I can't have enough black beer hoodies.

JRGVII likes this.
  36. goofyballer

goofyballer Initiate (49) Dec 21, 2016 California

Welcome to the new store. :slight_frown:

When you add bottles to your cart they're no longer reserved, you have to check out asap if it's something that might sell out quickly. I got burned the same way trying to get M12 a few months ago.

Hype_Train likes this.
  37. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (172) Feb 8, 2017 California

Man there's no way I could've grabbed mom's credit card to buy it that quick.. Oh well more money to spend on Zima then!

38. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Aspirant (234) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Trader

Not that I need another hoodie but $18.39 is too cheap to pass up. And I think I have a complete society hoodie collection now (sign of a true hoarder).

SDReaper likes this.
  39. JoshBeerNow

Trader

I'd be blown away if that ever happens.

OCJeff likes this.
  40. JohnCassillo

JohnCassillo Zealot (501) Mar 29, 2013 California

Totally forgot about the sale today, so missed out on Cuvee.

Still, plenty of good stuff left. Looking forward (as an RS member) to grabbing a bottle of Pommereux.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.