Bruery 2017 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tokimedo, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRon_T

CRon_T Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2014 Florida

Looking for a 1 time trustee for the last of my 2016 RS bottles. Wasn't able to renew this year. Probably 15-20 bottles if I recall correctly. Will provide shipping label and also a thank you box or cash. BM me

2. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 California

I second this and/or the itemized email receipt.

Conneringo likes this.
  3. grze

grze Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 Nevada

I'm super curious how RdF tastes. It was one of my fav Bruery beers ever, for at least as long as it was still good. Can't most likely make it to the Bruery this week. Anyone care to share their notes as compared to previous batch, fresh?

m34josh and TNeedles like this.
  4. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2014 California

I am wondering the same thing. Unfortunately it will not be on tap until this Saturday at the welcoming party, and not until next Monday in the tasting room. So only the ones who have already picked up their welcome package, and have already opened their RdF can share insight.

grze likes this.
  5. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Initiate (173) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Trader

Well that's a kick in the nuts. I made plans that cannot be cancelled for May 6th weekend based on their prior announcement of May 13th and my Dad and I already have our trip completely planned out for that weekend.

6. CRon_T

CRon_T Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2014 Florida

Think this is taken care of, thanks guys!

Justinsosmart likes this.
  7. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2014 California

Something happen w/ this beer? Did it maybe not get release?
    I'm just surprised that a reissue of last years most hyped Hoarders release is getting no talk and hasn't been added to BA yet.

8. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (225) May 2, 2016 California
    Trader

Not on tap til next week, and I would think that a lot of people are waiting to have it on tap prior to opening a bottle.

Coldstorage likes this.
  9. JohnCassillo

JohnCassillo Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2013 California

@BruerJoel Assuming this is correct that it's officially the 6th for the event?

10. GuidedbyBeers

GuidedbyBeers Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2013 California

Does the Anniversary party usually start at Noon or 1...I can't recall? Looking into morning flight options from the bay area and not too many morning flights.

fegelFatso likes this.
  11. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (681) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Last year it was noon for HS, 1pm for RS.

GuidedbyBeers likes this.
  12. Mshea805

Mshea805 Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2014 California

Post #143 on the previous page has a brief review.

13. OCJeff

OCJeff Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2015 California

Last year was Room for Me. This year is Room for More. Unless someone opened a bottle in the last 24 hours there may not be much to go on. No?

#173 OCJeff, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    RDMII likes this.
  14. BruerJoel

BruerJoel Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2015 California

Yes - May 6. Trust the Passport dates. We'll communicate any date changes via email.

Madirish76 and JohnCassillo like this.
  15. grze

grze Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 Nevada

Saw that one. Was just looking for a bit more detail.

Mshea805 likes this.
  16. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Yep. Completely different beer.

SuperWhip likes this.
  17. brewaddict

brewaddict Aspirant (277) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

Since this is the most knowledgeable Bruery bunch around, I have to ask, what is that spicy almost peppery flavor I get from Mash? Thought it was somehow coming from the Bourbon Barrel, but found the same flavor in Rueminator and that's just oak. It's not something I pickup from other big name Barleywines.

18. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (545) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

Interesting, I've never thought it had a peppery taste, but if I was going to guess I would say it's their house yeast. Both Rueminator and Mash are pretty high ABV which would stress the yeast into releasing all kinds of flavor compounds.

Edit: I believe The Bruery uses a Belgian yeast. Some strains of Belgian yeasts release phenols that we can perceive as peppery.

19. Coldstorage

Well if I had picked up my bottles yesterday there would be at least one review floating about :wink:

I heard from someone in the tasting room when i was down there it was Room for Me w/ more fruit (kind of like a map of the sun -> map of the moon deal) but maybe they were misinformed. Didn't expect a glut of reviews but surprised no one has made a BA page or posted info about what it is or anything.

20. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

I'm far too lazy to search through my emails, but I think Room For Me had only one kind of nectarine, while Room For More has more than just one kind of nectarine.

Justinsosmart, grze and Coldstorage like this.
  21. Coldstorage

lol :rolling_eyes:

22. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

Maybe it has peaches too? Meh, it'll still be good.

Coldstorage likes this.
  23. OCJeff

OCJeff Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2015 California

Well, the label seems to show just two nectarines. So more may just be more nectarines. Not different.

Coldstorage likes this.
  24. Coldstorage

My friend befriended a Hoarder who grabbed us pours in the taproom two weeks ago (whose name I cant recall sorry) and he seemed confident it was just a version w/ more nectarines but hey... i'm a guy on the internet citing a stranger whose name I can't remember so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25. bkrefetz

bkrefetz Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2008 New York

Per untappd:

This limited release barrel-aged sour ale features over 2,300 lbs. of stonefruit from our friends at Masumoto Family Farm. After hand-cutting the juicy, ripe fruit with care at Bruery Terreux, we split a portion of our oak-aged sour blonde ale into two components: one to age a combination of three varietals of peaches (Flavorcrest, Spring Lady and Suncrest); the other to age a combination of four varietals of nectarines (Le Grand, Rose Diamond, Spring Bright and Summer Grand). After both components aged with the fruit and underwent a secondary fermentation from the additions, we blended them back together to achieve the ideal tangy flavor (and a satisfying, fuzzy feeling). Grab a glass and pull up a chair - we present to you Room for More

26. PBRandJ

PBRandJ Initiate (89) Jul 18, 2016 California
    Trader

That sounds amazing... like Spontaneous Cheer amazing... wishful thinking, I know.

If it's a .000001% improvement on Room For Me, it's a win for all of us.

#186 PBRandJ, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    StrangerBrews and Coldstorage like this.
  27. RDMII

You were saying? Three peach varietals, four nectarines. I guess you could say it's the same, but that would be like saying every beer from the sour blonde base is the same. Rueuze, Beauregarde, Filmishmish, Sans Pagaie, Frambulous, Ruebarb, Mother Funker, GFAR, Les Ronces, Rue Sans, Sourrento, etc. Actually, I'm curious how many beers share that base? Seems like a lot.

And I'm just hassling you. I honestly wasn't sure of the difference but figured it was something more than 'extra fruit'.

ivegot3Dvision likes this.
  28. kreiner

kreiner Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2017 California

I am looking forward to this year. I recently moved to Placentia and found The Bruery. Are there any other forums i should know about. Thanks

SuperWhip, Mantis and dirtyhalos like this.
  29. Treebute

Treebute Initiate (143) Jul 13, 2011 Ohio
    Trader

For those that typically deal with The Bruery shipping your allotments or merchandise orders. Do you get an email confirming when It ships?

I can't find anywhere on the site if the two glasses I bought during the 12 day sale has shipped or not.

30. HopsintheSack

Between Bruery, Bottle Logic, and Mr K's you could spend a small fortune.

31. Coldstorage

I have never had them ship but recall reading that shipping notifications have been absent since the website switched over so they may be well on the way.

SHODriver likes this.
  32. HopsintheSack

Ever since the website "upgrades" I haven't received any confirmation of shipments. Stuff just shows up at the door.

Joe_Mahma likes this.
  33. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

The Giant-sized glass that I bought during 12 days arrived today. No notification beforehand.

SuperWhip and Treebute like this.
  34. Treebute

Treebute Initiate (143) Jul 13, 2011 Ohio
    Trader

Thank you. Man do I hope this stuff gets fixed soon.

m34josh, GuidedbyBeers and RDMII like this.
  35. RDMII

I was able to get a PDF emailed to me of 73 pages of invoices, which was bad ass. They also noted what orders were still awaiting pickup, however those versus what my trustee has ready to send still don't jive. I'm guessing I'll do a second recount when they arrive then go from there. But for those curious you can get old invoices sent to you, but I'd suggest as noted prior to just print a copy of each one and hold them for a bit.

36. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Zealot (553) Mar 26, 2013 California

if you enjoy complaining about minutiae this is the right forum for you

37. Coldstorage

Ain't that the truth.

SuperWhip likes this.
  38. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (159) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

@BruerJoel I really wish you guys would reconsider not giving out old allocations this week. Maybe the first weekend, but a week is kind of excessive. I make it down there about a half dozen times a year and it is only when I am in the area for work, typically around opening time. I would understand if I was getting dozens of cases but I have less than a case spread over 5 beers, most of my beers are included beers from last years allocations, so it can't be that difficult to box up.
    Last year you guys said the same thing but made exceptions for some people. I also highly doubt there are people just standing in long line waiting for their new allocations, if there is a line out the door when I drive by the fulfillment center I will take back my comments, but I doubt it will be true.

39. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (681) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Maybe email the society.

Joe_Mahma, Callmecoon, JRGVII and 4 others like this.
  40. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2014 California

There was a line outside the door on the first day, Jan. 2, at opening. It moved very fast, and I would be surprised if there was still a line by the 3rd day (today).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.