Bruery 2017 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tokimedo, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrryanc

rrryanc Aspirant (286) May 19, 2006 California

Order some Uhaul wine shippers to be delivered to wherever you're staying for the party (friend's house, hotel, etc) and then ship everything back before you head back?

2. JRGVII

JRGVII Initiate (74) Oct 26, 2015 Texas

Great idea!

Thanks for the information everyone!

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  3. JRGVII

Does the society center happen to sell shippers in person?

4. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 California

They get hammered with pick ups around the anniversary festival. Anything you can do, like brining your own shippers and email well in advance will help make it a smoother pick up.

JRGVII and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  5. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (659) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Very much so. If I were him I would just have the trustee pick up now or this weekend. Then anything extra ordered could just chalk it up to "not getting on this trip".

Save the trustee the hassle of a crowd, save Mr. Texas the hassle of a crowd, and save the society desk one less large order during the inevitable clusterfuck of a weekend.

6. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (269) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

Yes, they sell shippers in the tasting room

JRGVII likes this.
  7. JRGVII

Thanks for the heads up! Luckily we are making a trip out of it and will be in town until Wednesday. I'll email them and see which day would be best to drop by. I think I'll go ahead and grab a few pours while I'm at it too!

SammyJaxxxx, dirtyhalos and SDReaper like this.
  8. ernh

ernh Initiate (180) Jun 10, 2012 California

Plus, they're still working through the backlog of shipping to people who didn't pick up their 2016 beers. I ordered a shipper of recent purchases on the 11th and they confirmed today that it's still in the queue to be processed. But maybe they prioritize in person.

9. jfulcher

jfulcher Initiate (79) Oct 31, 2007 Georgia

Any shares going on Wed-Fri night before the anniversary party? We are staying at the Residence Inn next to the tasting room Thurs-Sun. Would love to get together with some folks and share some bottles from back east.

SammyJaxxxx, PBRandJ and Yabu like this.
  10. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (2,345) Aug 13, 2010 North Carolina
    Society

Get a rental large enough and then ship them yourself using your preferred shipping service. The tasting room may have shippers if you get there early enough and they also may now sell them out of the fulfillment center. I've never used Uber but maybe you could use that service to get you to a shipping place??

They do but they only had one when I was out there for the Black Tuesday Release. I ended up driving to the Box Zone nearby, buying some shippers and then sketchily transferring bottles in their parking lot. Turns out the guys working there didn't care because as I was working the transfer the guy asked if I was going to ship them there. I said I could and then he offered to let me do the work inside.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  11. mhenson42

mhenson42 Devotee (499) Nov 20, 2011 Texas

Boxzone will actually box them up for you.

mayorQuimby and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  12. PBRandJ

PBRandJ Initiate (103) Jul 18, 2016 California
    Trader

Hoarder hanging out in the terreux tasting room. Over by the bday balloons in the Minnesota wild tshirt

tmbgnicu and osseo222000 like this.
  13. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Champion (863) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

Been pleasantly surprised with the beers lately.

The Wakefield collab is awesome. Absolutely dfpf lite. The beret with peaches and vanilla sounded kind of ho hum, but I really enjoyed it. Enjoyed enough I will buy another, seems to be sitting around.

Maxing the Wakefield though. That's fruit punch with a kick, just wish the bruery didn't always have to hammer home the abv but it's also the bruery. Hah!

BeerBaron666 likes this.
  14. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

The ABV has gone up each year, and every year gets a little more oak forward from the time spent in barrels. They're all downright amazing though.

UHaul has them for $11.95 each, with free shipping over $50. It's the cheapest way to get shippers anywhere.

ernh likes this.
  15. hoptemologist

hoptemologist Initiate (37) Jun 6, 2014 Alberta (Canada)

anyone know how to tell if your bottle of 2014 white chocolate is infected? i have a 2014 and it has alot of stuff at the bottomn compared to my 2017 which has nothing visible yet

16. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (159) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

I don't think sediment will be able to show any infection issues. My guess is the extra sediment is due to the brewing process. 2014 was before they pasteurized it, so I am guessing that has something to do with it.

hoptemologist likes this.
  17. hoptemologist

nothing i can do but try it hey?

18. brewaddict

brewaddict Aspirant (274) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

In most cases sediment is not a sign of infection. This is perfectly normal in aged beer. It can be yeast if the beer was bottle conditioned. It could also be proteins that separate out during the aging process. You wont know until you open it. Gushers due to over carbonation are the first sign. Followed by the bad smell and/or taste.

19. hoptemologist

thanks! ill give it a shot and hope for the best!

20. hbmcdrew

hbmcdrew Initiate (73) Nov 28, 2016 California

Pretty sure that will happen to any three year old bottle conditioned beer.

21. hoptemologist

i think i read someone on untappd say theres was infected and they could tell by the stuff in it, i just went with that

22. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (181) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Sigh

RDMII likes this.
  23. brewaddict

Trader

No problem and good luck. Unless there are massive reports of infection in a particular batch, you should be fine. It probably won't be just one bottle.

24. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Aspirant (238) Oct 29, 2014 California
    Trader

Beauregarde and Guava Libre both just went up for sale online. Limit 4 each for RS

25. husbunny

husbunny Initiate (45) Jan 6, 2017 California

Is Guava Libre the beer equivalent to Starbuck's Unicorn Frappuccino?

Hype_Train and taylordane like this.
  26. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (233) May 2, 2016 California
    Trader

I think you're thinking of the pink snow beer on draft

Hype_Train likes this.
  27. SoNiC21

SoNiC21 Initiate (169) Jan 20, 2015 California
    Trader

Well shit, would of been a good idea to check the email first before buying a bottle of Beauregarde, forgot bottles were included in the membership

JRGVII and kbenson like this.
  28. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (181) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

I think you can cancel within 24hours, I believe I read that somewhere.

29. ScottWoerner

ScottWoerner Initiate (74) Jan 5, 2017 California
    Trader

Almost made the same mistake...

kbenson likes this.
  30. infectedstouts

infectedstouts Initiate (73) Dec 7, 2015 California
    Trader

Maxed out, regret nothing. 6 bottles, easiest max out of the year.

mhenson42 likes this.
  31. SoNiC21

SoNiC21 Initiate (169) Jan 20, 2015 California
    Trader

Not a big sour person, usually split bottles with my gf. Shot an email, worse case scenario I'll end up drinking it or trading it.

32. ernh

ernh Initiate (180) Jun 10, 2012 California

FYI - the $0 order generated today for my two Beauregardes was issued as two Befuddlements instead, so check your order details depending on how you feel about that :wink:

FinnishFox likes this.
  33. FinnishFox

FinnishFox Initiate (117) Sep 28, 2016 California
    Trader

Ummm... mine did too. Is this an administrative error?

I don't want any more Befuddlement.

EDIT - emailed them.

#2513 FinnishFox, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  34. BruerJoel

BruerJoel Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2015 California
    Brewery

We caught it - sorry about the confusion. Working on updating it to be Beauregarde.

35. Jfa82

Jfa82 Initiate (137) Apr 9, 2016 California
    Trader

Any idea if they'll ever sell brew in 12 oz or 500ml bottles? The current format isn't an issue for me. The wife loves the sours, but can't finish a whole bottle. Doesn't drink often enough to bother with a stopper.

36. brewaddict

Trader

Grey Monday is coming soon? I thought someone wrote that it is normally released later in the year.

37. dirtyhalos

dirtyhalos Initiate (123) Apr 10, 2014 California
    Trader

I don't expect the Bruery to change, but I have similar heartache over the 750's. I love their beers, but 750ml at a time is often too big of a commitment based on my current drinking habits. The size format has affected my purchasing priorities as I've spent money elsewhere in favor of smaller bottles.

JohnCassillo and GuidedbyBeers like this.
  38. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Yes, because Untappd is so accurate, and people using it are beer experts. Please, just don't read anything on there again.

The horse is dead. Has been for years. Let it go.

Like all Bruery beers, it's released when it's ready. There has never been a timeline for any beer except BT.

39. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Aspirant (238) Oct 29, 2014 California
    Trader

New allocations every Monday this month (taking my talents / arbre last week, Beauregarde and Guava Libre today) New allocations next Monday. Terreux anniversary sale and regular Bruery archiversary sale should be starting up soon? Starting to add up fast

40. JRGVII

Anyone have a recommendation on where to park for the anniversary party? We are flying in that morning, so we'll have a car. Is the parking crazy or is it pretty easy to find a spot somewhere?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.