Bruery 2017 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tokimedo, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (544) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

Madeira Sucre and Fruet are my favorites, 100% Coton is pretty damn good too.

I was honestly hoping for them to put up some Fruet or Coton. I'm missing a bottle of Coton for my vertical.

2. NDogg44

NDogg44 Initiate (125) Oct 21, 2015 Texas
    Trader

Had Fruet for the first time at the tasting room last Friday - wow! What an amazing beer!

3. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (2,345) Aug 13, 2010 North Carolina
    Society

I would expect if the bruery made it that it would taste like what it was supposed to instead of tasting like ass like the Rogue abominations. I may not like everything Bruery puts out but it usually tastes like what they are shooting for.

It's an odd feeling when you check out the sale list and realize you have enough of everything they are offering already

4. Jfa82

Jfa82 Initiate (137) Apr 9, 2016 California
    Trader

Honestly, that's been my issue with the last few sales. I either have plenty of what they're offering or its mainly Terreux sours. I don't enjoy sours, except for sour stouts, like Blue BBLS. I recognize that it's a "Me" problem, not a "Bruery" problem.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  5. ernh

ernh Initiate (180) Jun 10, 2012 California

Shiiiiiiiiiit... I pulled the trigger on a case of discount White Oak so fast you wouldn't believe.

6. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Aspirant (238) Oct 29, 2014 California
    Trader

Anniversary party surveys are out

garlicNhops likes this.
  7. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

Seriously, $6 after HS discount for a 12% beer. Yes please.

RDMII likes this.
  8. rrryanc

rrryanc Aspirant (286) May 19, 2006 California

If you're just after $/abv, why not head to Costco and get a handle of whatever's the cheapest? Surely a more pleasant experience than a case of White Oak...

9. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (250) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Trader

damn, missed mash and french toast and thats all i really wanted from the sale. what was the allocation?

10. Jafix

Jafix Initiate (71) Feb 7, 2016 California
    Trader

3RS / 6HS for M&FT

11. ernh

Ooooo sick burn! :wink:

12. rrryanc

Eh, less a burn and more a serious question. Drinking White Oak because it's high alcohol and cheap doesn't seem any different to me than drinking plastic vodka - though the plastic vodka is probably a better deal.

13. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (162) Feb 8, 2017 California

If you aren't drinking popov vodka in a plastic bottle then you haven't really experienced life.

KevSal, SammyJaxxxx and garlicNhops like this.
  14. Mantis

Mantis Initiate (65) Jun 11, 2015 California

I too am guilty of purchasing a massive quantity of White Oak, among other things. [​IMG]

15. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

Three things:

1. The closest Costco is an hour away.
    2. I really enjoy White Oak, and I'm sorry you don't because it's good.
    3. I didn't buy a case, I only bought 6.

16. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

My stomach just churned thinking of Popov. I'd rather use it to peel paint off furniture before refinishing, or possibly starting a fire.

Hype_Train likes this.
  17. boogercrack

boogercrack Initiate (175) May 24, 2012 Texas

Nothing about buying bruery beers makes much sense, but yet here we are.

I'm more of a bourbon guy than a beer guy. There are phenomenal bourbons at a lower cost per bottle than most bruery bottles, that'll last for 5 "sessions" or whatever, and are shelf turds across most of the nation.

And yet, here I am, buying high dollar bottles of beer I've never had before at obscene quantities and shipping them halfway across the country. And in the end don't even really love a good bit of the ones I do buy.

But I keep buying them.

18. SHODriver

Society

So were there reports of 2015 Mash being infected? I'm currently sipping on one right now and it doesn't taste right at all. Instead of a delicious bourbon barrel aged english barleywine I get a lot of nothing with hints of sour.

19. hbmcdrew

hbmcdrew Initiate (73) Nov 28, 2016 California

Picked up a growler of Frucht: Guava today. It's my favorite of the Frucht series thus far. The nose is incredible.

swolepeer, skiking70, Yabu and 4 others like this.
  20. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (162) Feb 8, 2017 California

In a #nohomo way, but I miss Frucht: cucumber

21. SHODriver

Society

They were offering some good beers but after two years of blindly maxing allocations(one of those as a Hoarder) and archives I have so much older beer on hand that I have to seriously question whether I need another bottle.

Jfa82 likes this.
  22. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

If I remember correctly, I had a bottle of 2015 Mash that went south.

23. TrojanRB

TrojanRB Poo-Bah (1,534) Jul 27, 2013 California
    Society Trader

I'd edit to say if you've survived drinking Popov, then you really appreciate life going forward.

kbenson, Skunkdrool, Mantis and 2 others like this.
  24. Jfa82

Jfa82 Initiate (137) Apr 9, 2016 California
    Trader

Yeah well when I was in the USAF, we used to buy "Military Special" vodka at the class 6 (onbase liquor store). It didn't matter how much cranberry juice you used, you could tell it was Military Special.

TrojanRB likes this.
  25. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Lots of reports, I think last year's thread had plenty of info on it.

26. cvm4

cvm4 Meyvn (1,149) Apr 27, 2011 Mississippi

The 2015 Mash I had was infected.

27. husbunny

husbunny Initiate (45) Jan 6, 2017 California

Today's Forecast: Archive Sale with a 100% Chance of 48 Bottle Allocation of Chocolate Rain.

28. ernh

I don't know... that storm hasn't hit yet. I guess maybe later this week?

29. ernh

Getting pumped up for new Twin Peaks this Sunday... started thinking: coffee, cherry... some Rue d'Floyd may be in order.

Black_Rider and swanfungus like this.
  30. swanfungus

swanfungus Crusader (755) Dec 23, 2014 California
    Society Trader

In terms of beers brewed with pie in mind, Windowsill would be good as well. Not quite cherry, but still...

Tangentially related, Griffon Bruxellios supposedly pairs well with cherry pie per their suggestions.

ernh likes this.
  31. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (659) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Not sure why there would be one, the last email states current allocations (although they are the monthly ones) would be available through the 17th. One could them assume the archive bottles would follow the same timeline.

32. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Zealot (568) Mar 26, 2013 California
    Trader

this has to be the most anal thread in all of BA, which is saying something

33. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Aspirant (238) Oct 29, 2014 California
    Trader

White Oak > Plastic bottle Vodka

ernh, Hype_Train, skiking70 and 2 others like this.
  34. husbunny

W T F . . .

35. rrryanc

Thanks for sharing. A) That's a post, not a thread. B) Not even close to the worst of even my posts, let alone the entire site.

I like the Bruery and am one of the few people in my circle that's still in the club. However, I really don't understand anyone buying Bruery beers to get the most alcohol per price. It's just not the right beverage if that's your goal.

Jfa82 and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  36. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Zealot (568) Mar 26, 2013 California
    Trader

yes, I know your post was a post, and this thread is a thread. ironically, this post above (and your other posts) illustrates the point I was trying to make about this thread: people want to argue about the most minuscule bullshit in here, to death.

thus, making it anal. and, arguably, ruining the enjoyment of it

carry on. cheers

37. husbunny

I stocked up on White Oak, because sometimes I love a big boozy beer. "Boozy" is a tasting characteristic, that has nothing to do with whether I want to get hammered or not. This beer does the job and it is relatively inexpensive compared to other beers on the market.

I also stocked up on White Oak in case I have friends who come over and want to try some of my "fancy sour or boozy beer". When their Heineken/MGD palate (jk... I wouldn't keep you around as a friend if you drank MGD) tries my fancy sour beer and says it tastes like vomit or tries my fancy barrel aged beer and tell me they dont like Guiness style beers, I am then left with 20oz of something I did not really want to open....

Open a White Oak.... they love it or they hate it. Whatever that may be, I am not out much $ and it is a beer I can enjoy.

38. InfiniteJester23

InfiniteJester23 Initiate (99) Apr 26, 2017 California
    Trader

I do wish we'd get some info about the second round of the sale... Like, when is it going to be starting, and will there be new bottles, or just greater discounts on the stuff that was in the first round? I gotta figure out if/when I'm scheduling my lunch break to coincide with round two...

39. BeersandBread

BeersandBread Aspirant (202) Jan 20, 2016 California
    Trader

I think I already go an email about the second round of allocations on the Bruery anniversary sale.

40. InfiniteJester23

InfiniteJester23 Initiate (99) Apr 26, 2017 California
    Trader

Really? When? The last e-mail I got was on the 12th, just repeating all the info about this stage of the sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.