Bruery 2017 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by tokimedo, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (545) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

White Oak is definitely a fantastic beer, but it's not something I've bought in awhile... maybe I should pick up some bottles, they're at a wonderful price point.

fegelFatso likes this.
  2. luwak

luwak Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2010 Arizona

so is the Melange 5 a rebrew of Dirty Beaver Juice Weekend?

KevSal, SuperWhip and BruerJoel like this.
  3. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2014 California

Love White Oak. RIP.

4. sponger

sponger Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2011 California

Does ANYONE, think or feel that maybe PERHAPS 2016 black tuesday out of the bottle seems a lil sour? The gf said it reminded her of some 2015 bcbs infected stuff.

5. JRGVII

JRGVII Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2015 Texas

Had a bottle about a month ago and didn't get any sour notes. Hopefully, it was just that one bottle that was off!

6. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (545) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

The high ABV stuff is pasteurized so I doubt it's infected.

7. Breezerlove

Breezerlove Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2015 California

A lot of their 'high abv' stuff was infected in 2013. I'm the 'gf' and I just taste an off flavor. I have 17 bottles of this and I just wanted to catch it early in case anyone else tasted something other than greatness.

8. swanfungus

swanfungus Devotee (490) Dec 23, 2014 California
    Trader

But they didn't flash pasteurize anything (I think) until (I believe) White Chocolate last year? Someone else can probably tell you exactly. As of that beer, I'm pretty sure all the bigger beers get that treatment.

9. OCJeff

OCJeff Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2015 California

:grimacing:

I salute you. :grinning:

kbenson and Black_Rider like this.
  10. brewaddict

brewaddict Aspirant (277) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

I opened a bottle on Christmas day and I didn't think anything was unusual.

11. skelliott

skelliott Initiate (64) Jul 2, 2013 California

Any chance that the "rose-colored, gose-inspired beer/wine hybrid" summer seasonal is similar to the Rosé Gose that has been on tap in the tasting rooms? If so, my wife may be willing to forgive you for retiring both Trade Winds and White Oak.

Rocket80 and BruerJoel like this.
  12. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2014 California

Yeah confirmed infection. Get those puppies in the fridge and drill through them as fast as you can. 2 a night (3 on weekends) should get you through that stash before the off flavors really pop.

Beernerds, KevSal, Clarkson and 7 others like this.
  13. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (188) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Tasted fine a couple weeks ago, maybe it's the "burn" you're feeling.

14. SoNiC21

SoNiC21 Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2015 California

By you? Or someone from the bruery?

Not trying to be a dick but just trying to see from who.

pinballplayer likes this.
  15. mukesmemehouse

mukesmemehouse Initiate (36) Jan 5, 2016 California

Did you miss the rest of his post? Clearly joking

16. esimonoff

esimonoff Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2014 California

Had a certifiably infected SHIT a couple nights ago. Knew the beer was likely going to be sour but was curious to see what it would be like. Went in expecting a disaster but was actually pleasantly surprised! Really, really enjoyed the beer, almost more than the last batch of Tart of Darkness. Was less diacetyl-y and no off flavors like butyric acid, etc. Anyway, the beer had been at room temp or a bit higher pretty much since it was picked up many months ago and then sat in the fridge for a few weeks before consuming.

17. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Initiate (179) Jun 23, 2013 California

I seriously hope to God you're wrong... I've heard rumors, so I hope it isn't true. Thankfully I only have 7... But that's still a lot.

I also don't think they pasteurize beers THAT big because it's believed to be impossible for an infection to occur in a beer with such a high abv.

18. ScottWoerner

ScottWoerner Initiate (61) Jan 5, 2017 California
    Trader

Infected, or The Bruery's new yeast strain? Last week, I opened a White Mocha and it was a mess. However, to me, all their BA beers finish sour.

m34josh likes this.
  19. bmulari

bmulari Initiate (24) Jan 16, 2014 Nebraska
    Trader

I opened one NYE with no issues!

20. kbenson

kbenson Initiate (110) Aug 15, 2012 Texas

I'm shocked it's taken this long for someone to post this complaint. We could probably use a separate "Has [Insert Bruery Beer Here] Gone Sour?" thread for all the fear mongering and trolling (EDIT and legitimate issues too, I suppose!)...

m34josh and Blackcomb like this.
  21. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2014 California

@PMR - Does this also mean no humulus Rueze for 2017 as well? That has got to be in my top 3 yearly releases from you guys.

beersandmiles and JRGVII like this.
  22. BruerJoel

BruerJoel Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2015 California

We'll still show the love - we never required a card before.

23. BruerJoel

BruerJoel Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2015 California

Yes - email us after you purchase a flex shipper / place an order with GSO shipping.

goofyballer likes this.
  24. Jfa82

Jfa82 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2016 California

Sorry if this has been answered already, but my buddy who is also RS, told me during this pick up window for RS and HS, you're only able to pick up your bottles. No growlers or order pick ups during this time. Is that a fact?

25. pnutbutr

pnutbutr Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2013 New Jersey

I've had 3 or 4 bottles of 2016 BT without any souring issues. Tastes great in my opinion.

26. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 California

I found the last couple years of BT to be a bit more tart. I don't think from infection, but maybe other brewing practices have brought down the ph from previous years. Gives a sense of tartness.

27. PMR

PMR Initiate (130) Mar 31, 2005 California

We don't anticipate releasing Humulus Rueuze this year, sorry! We do have a bit left of the 2016 version (still plenty hoppy): https://www.thebruerystore.com/shop/detail?item=humulus-rueuze-2016

Cheers,
    Patrick
    The Bruery

fegelFatso, JRGVII and JoshBeerNow like this.
  28. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2014 California

The society fulfillment center is only giving out initial packages, including merchandise (2016 howler) through the 8th, no additional orders. You can pickup your new howler and have it filled in the tasting room, I did.

29. jjf3792

jjf3792 Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2011 Pennsylvania

I agree. Already booked and paid for my trip to California for the weeknd of the 13th (luckily I can change without penalty) but seriously get you shit together The Bruery. Don't announce a date if it is not set in stone.

JRGVII and mhenson42 like this.
  30. JRGVII

JRGVII Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2015 Texas

Although, I agree with you. I didn't realize it was mother's day weekend until after I booked my trip. Idk if that makes me a bad son or not, but if I forgot, I can't blame them too much for forgetting too. Luckily, I was able to make the changes before it cost me more money. lol

jjf3792 likes this.
  31. Jafix

Jafix Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2016 California

Email out for the event tomorrow, looks like the beer list is finalized as well.
    THE BEER
    Rue D'Floyd (2017)
    Befuddlement (2017)
    Mash & French Toast
    Or Xata (2017)
    Chronology: 6 - Imperial Porter
    Fruet
    Mélange #10
    Jurassic Gose
    Bourgogne Blanc (2015)
    Confession (2013)
    The Wanderer (2013)
    Freckle
    Cuir - 100% Bourbon Barrel-Aged
    Mélange #3 (2011)
    Mélange #8
    Black Tuesday Port
    Black Tuesday (2011)
    Sucre - Cognac
    White Mocha
    Smooth Criminal

Hoarders Only
    Room for More
    Bruery Terreux Hoarders Cuvee (2016)
    Mélange #5
    Partridge in a Pear Tree

In the previous email it stated that the archive bottle sale would be after the event, but it looks like from the event mail it'll be going during the event. Rather not carry bottles around during the event, but not a big deal.

Looking forward to it, should be a good time. I'm wondering if in past society events it's common for older stuff like that M3 or '11 BT to run out midway through the event?

32. husbunny

husbunny Initiate (30) Jan 6, 2017 California

Longtime lurker, first time poster. First year of RS and I already feel a bit underappreciated. Yes, I love your beer. Yes I love the direction you are headed. But....

Why on earth does the Society Kickoff Celebration have the possibility of "Selling Out"?

If I had 100 paying members in my "club" and I setup an event where I could only accommodate 10 of those members (and their +1 guests), it would seem pretty obvious that I did the rest of my members a disservice by not going back to the drawing boards to figure out how I could accommodate more of those people that put their faith in ME and paid their way into the club.

Only argument I can think of is that "If the event was twice as big, they might run out of beers A, B, C." So what. The mere fact that members cannot even get tickets prematurely shows that these members won't be tasting beers A, B, C, OR beers D - Z.

Adding a 2nd time slot or day seems easy enough. Whats the deal?

33. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (681) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

You seem to not be aware of how large the societies actually are.

34. hbmcdrew

hbmcdrew Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2016 California

or aware of fire codes.

35. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (2,502) Aug 13, 2010 North Carolina
    Society

[​IMG]

Some of us don't live in CA or don't intend to go anyway. Planning an event for everybody doesn't make any sense. If you want to go to an event you need to get tickets ASAP, especially if it's at the barrel room.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  36. husbunny

I have NO idea how large the societies are. I do know that adding a 2nd date/session could allow for twice as many members.

Thats why multiple sessions/dates would be a great idea OR a larger venue.

Having an event sell out so quickly is a clear indication that the demand is much larger than the ability to accomodate.

tokimedo, SuperWhip and BeerBaron666 like this.
  37. GuidedbyBeers

GuidedbyBeers Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2013 California

Id Imagine all 3 societies are bigger than ever this year. I have no clue how big...but I'd imagine its a pretty big number.

SuperWhip likes this.
  38. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2014 California

Gotta be at least between 3,500-4,500 members I would think. I just pulled that number out of my ass though....

Joe_Mahma, gibgink and SuperWhip like this.
  39. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2014 California

My guess would be slightly lower than that but who knows.

As for the event selling out, it comes down to lack of understanding how the bruery works. No events have a guaranteed allotment, except the anniversary party. In fact this is the first year in forever that they have even done a kick off event and from all the complaining on here, I'd be surprised if they did another next year.

The barrel warehouse at most, fits a few hundred people. So you do the math, 3,000 people or so in the society (pulling that out of my ass) and say 300 people a session. How many days/sessions do you need to do? The answer, far too many to make it worth while.

Lesson learned for the new guys though. With the exception of beer ALLOTMENTS and the anniversary party, it does sell out, especially events, rather quickly.

40. husbunny

You could be under, over, or spot on. I guess its fair to say that the larger the membership pool, the harder it is to accommodate. Regardless, you can find me in the tasting room tomorrow pathetically drinking Black Tuesday/Ruezue Black & Tans, with a stack of 20 empty pocky bags in front of me.

Amen to that.

fegelFatso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.