Bruery 2017 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tokimedo, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (548) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

If I were on the east coast I'd go with DC. Hey, its a reason to have a little beercation.

BruerJoel likes this.
  2. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Aspirant (246) Oct 29, 2014 California
    Trader

So Black Tuesday's ABV last year was 20.3%. Is it going to be higher or lower than that this year?

3. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (172) Feb 8, 2017 California

13.3% so you can compare it to SHIT and notice a difference

4. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Devotee (460) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Society Trader

I've heard 19.5 this year.

fegelFatso and BruerJoel like this.
  5. ernh

ernh Aspirant (209) Jun 10, 2012 California

That's what the product page says. Diet Black Tuesday :wink:

6. Hoppedelic

Society Trader

I'm thinking it will be better with the lower abv. The first batch of BT was also 19.5 then the next batches were in the 18% range. I'm hoping this years will go down as one of the best ever haha.

skiking70 likes this.
  7. goofyballer

goofyballer Initiate (49) Dec 21, 2016 California

Is the bourbon barrel aged imperial porter listed in the latest 2018 email referring to Chronology 24, or a new beer?

8. Majikow

Majikow Initiate (151) Nov 21, 2015 California
    Trader

For tracking beer I've found Beer Cellar (cellar.beer) to be pretty awesome. Yeah, you have to keep on top of it, but when you're managing 20+ boxes of beer it's kind of a life saver.

Madirish76 and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  9. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

Although, there's nothing quite like finding a surprise bottle you totally forgot you had.

Mrwenzel, Beer_Economicus and Majikow like this.
  10. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I'm getting those when my trustee ships boxes. I received four more Taking My Talents than I thought I had ordered. No complaints.

kbenson and BruerJoel like this.
  11. bg1414

bg1414 Initiate (39) May 11, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

2018 question. Can your trustee and "friend" be different. I have a trustee to pick up bottles, but want to add my cousin as a friend to get the member benefits when he is in DC.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  12. RDMII

As far I understand, the friends can be anyone, trustee or not.

13. BruerJoel

BruerJoel Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2015 California

That's correct! You can change your trustee info frequently throughout the year - at checkout, emailing us, etc. We'll need to lock in your friend's name for our POS system near the end of the year though.

14. bg1414

bg1414 Initiate (39) May 11, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

Awesome. Thanks!

15. kbenson

kbenson Initiate (126) Aug 15, 2012 Texas

I love this beer. Just saying...

16. Nick_Suhr

Nick_Suhr Initiate (0) Jun 17, 2016 New York

After I finish the bottle of M&C '16 I am drinking I am down to 250 bottles. I manage my inventory in an excel sheet that tracks location in my basement (I have a cabinet that holds 128 bottles, a couple of bookshelves and bins and an 'aging' tough box that I keep a bottle of each year of the weekdays, anniversaries, and Christmas beers; also too a fridge full of beer). I manage an overall list as well as a list broken out my numbers of each bottle to help manage the rotation so to speak (better to drink my fourth remaining bottle of one beer than my next to last bottle of a different beer).

As an East coaster, I switched to D.C. I figured it would be cheaper to go down there 4-6 times from NY than to buy shipper ($12 per box) and ship ($40 per box in FedEx). It was acceptable when averaged on a per bottle basis (basically $5 shipping per bottle), but not having to go through the logistics of buying shippers, shipping them to my trustee, arranging a time that fit his schedule, then having him shoehorn in the assembly, packing and shipping (all of which he did free of charge or beer) is a relief. Now it's one email to the society to tell them to put my beers on an east bound flight and driving down to D.C. If only D.C. Had things to do beer-wise when I went down there to pick up my allocations

17. RDMII

There may have been some little girl 'squeeing' when I realized. I also don't recall ordering another full case of Beauregarde either. That still won't be enough though.

Scottie_A25, kbenson and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  18. kbenson

They need to open up a third location in the middle of the country. Just saying that Houston would be perfect for it! :slight_smile:

JRGVII, Beernerds and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  19. stakem

stakem Poo-Bah (5,736) Feb 20, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

You might have answered this previously in this thread but I gotta ask. Do you patronize any other breweries with the same amount of vigor? Or is the Bruery your center of attention when it comes to your beer buying/drinking?

Rbarnes4381 likes this.
  20. NDogg44

NDogg44 Initiate (128) Oct 21, 2015 Texas
    Trader

I think Dallas would be better. :wink:

21. InfiniteJester23

InfiniteJester23 Initiate (99) Apr 26, 2017 Norway
    Trader

Sadly for my Texan friends, there is absolutely no way that a mid-County location would be in Texas. That state single-handedly shows how big of a charade the three-tiered distribution system is. Keep in mind which state reps have been voting to keep craft beer out of your state when you vote!!

m34josh, skiking70, SuperWhip and 3 others like this.
  22. NDogg44

NDogg44 Initiate (128) Oct 21, 2015 Texas
    Trader

Unfortunately, most of the reps feel there are more important and pressing issues to spend time discussing and fighting for.

23. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,326) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

I believe there is legislation pending in Texas that woul require a brewer to pay a distributor on fee that they sell at their own brewery. The threat of that alone would be enough to keep Bruery distribution center out of Texas.

24. Franch

Franch Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2011 District of Columbia

it wasn't originally designed for anything. it wasn't designed. it was a big fuck up that @PMR "condemned to bourbon barrels" for a long time to see if it wasn't a total waste.

so excited for the DC option!

BruerJoel likes this.
  25. kbenson

This is unfortunately true. For a state full of "free market" business types, our liquor laws (especially our beer laws) take "unnecessary government interference" and "in the pocket of big business" to a whole new level.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  26. kbenson

They would have to pay their distributor regardless, I'm sure. Do they have to pay a distributor in DC? I believe DC has no (or very limited) labeling laws, but do they also not have a 3-tier system there?

27. fire34fighter

fire34fighter Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2013 Virginia

375ml bottles coming our way!!! About time! Looks like bruery is really listening to its customer base.

28. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

With the smaller bottle format at Terreux I'll actually buy bottles. My insides can't handle sour beers like it used to.

29. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

Definitely didn't know that. It's nice when there's happy accidents like that.

fegelFatso likes this.
  30. johnInLA

johnInLA Savant (927) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society Trader

Yeah, I'm a bit of a contrarian here too.

I like my 750's of BT, Anniversary, and other strong ales..

But sours I would rather have 375. I've scaled back my sour purchases significantly this year, because I rarely want to open a 750 bottle of a sour.

Scottie_A25, goofyballer and Yabu like this.
  31. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

Agree big time. Plus, a big beer like an anniversary tastes better the 2nd and 3rd day.

Yabu and Hoppedelic like this.
  32. Hoppedelic

Society Trader

I've noticed this too.

Yabu likes this.
  33. dirtyhalos

dirtyhalos Initiate (124) Apr 10, 2014 California
    Trader

Did I miss an email?

34. AndrewK

AndrewK Aspirant (288) Oct 20, 2006 California

I think the only type of Bruery beer I'd prefer in a 375 is high abv sours (like their wine hybrids, sour/strong ale blends e.g. befuddlement, melange 1).

35. RDMII

Screw that. I want 1.5L sours. The 375s are going to have to do if that's all they have of that particular beer but I really want to keep the 750s across the range.

swanfungus and kbenson like this.
  36. RDMII

Nope. Out of roughly 500 bottles in my cellar, 460+ are Bruery. I have a stash of canned sours in the fridge that rotates and a few local one offs or big beers, but I probably only buy $20 worth of 'other' beer a month, maybe even less.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  37. kbenson

Same here. I've made this point in the past but I greatly prefer shipping 750s as the shipping cost per ounce is much more palatable. As far as I know there is not a box that can fit 24 375ml bottles that is the same size as the boxes used to ship 12 750s.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  38. ernh

ernh Aspirant (209) Jun 10, 2012 California

I wonder if they'll be able to adapt the boxes they're using for Offshoot cans?

39. RDMII

That's my concern. I picked DC for next year hoping I can make a road trip every 6-8 weeks, but if I have to do shipping the logistics suck. 12 bottle shippers would be a waste of space, and doubling the bottles (one upside down on top of another) is risky and would make it too heavy to be financially beneficial.

kbenson likes this.
  40. kbenson

Those aren't safe for Fed Ex though, are they?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.