Bruery Preservation Society

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by CRon_T, Feb 11, 2015.

1. CRon_T

CRon_T Aspirant (229) Mar 14, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Forgive me if their is already a thread about this but I've searched around and couldn't find the info I needed. So I just joined the Preservation society for this year recently and had a couple questions for some seasoned Bruery veterans.

1. When do we find out what bottles are being released for the quarterly allocation?

2. Is there an option to buy extras?

2. JohnCassillo

JohnCassillo Zealot (547) Mar 29, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

1. Depends -- for Q1, all beers will probably be known by March, as long as there are no bottling issues (less likely now with Terreux). All PS beers are TBD at the start of the year, save Black Tuesday in Q4.

2. There's no option to buy extra allocations of the beers you get quarterly (unless they also appear on shelves, which happens). However, occasional Reserve Society and Hoarders brews do have extras and PS gets first crack at those once the other two societies have gone through their respective purchase periods.

arnmsctt likes this.
  3. CRon_T

CRon_T Aspirant (229) Mar 14, 2014 Florida
    Beer Trader

Yep, all covered on trustee, have a buddy that lives out there but is in reserve and didn't know the answers to my questions haha

Awesome, thanks for the info!

4. skelliott

skelliott Initiate (160) Jul 2, 2013 California

CRon_T likes this.
  5. Keyser

Keyser Initiate (163) Jan 27, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

I'm surprised to see that PS is currently sold out, has this happened before?

6. cvm4

cvm4 Meyvn (1,125) Apr 27, 2011 Mississippi
    Beer Trader

It did for Q4 2014. But everyone wanted in on Black Tuesday, so it makes sense.

7. sportstsar

sportstsar Aspirant (222) Jan 23, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

You could conceivably purchase multiple Preservation Society memberships in order to get "extra" bottles - you would just have extras of everything.

8. HighRollerII

HighRollerII Aspirant (205) Aug 2, 2013 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

Super happy to see chocolate rain on there. I'm new to their rarer stuff so I'm happy to see I get the chance. Now to just wait.

9. Erick_G

Erick_G Aspirant (223) Nov 18, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

It's probably the same people that didn't cancel the auto renew or whatever.

10. Keyser

Beer Trader

Chocolate rain is a good enough reason for me to keep it.

11. Bradthoc

Bradthoc Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2011 Nevada
    Beer Trader

So, did The Bruery relabel Soroboruo from last year's infection to include with 2015 Q1 orders?

12. HeyKid

HeyKid Initiate (138) Jun 5, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

here's what the email says "This beer was originally released to our Reserve Society members in 2014 and we have been cellaring a few bottles, waiting for the prime moment to deliver it to our Preservation Society members. We hope you enjoy it!"

13. Xul

Xul Crusader (760) May 18, 2008 California

Translation: "We're foisting a beer that most people didn't like on you because we know most of you will stick around in hopes of getting an RS slot for 2016."

sean_paul, Elbatmanuel and cvm4 like this.
  14. cvm4

cvm4 Meyvn (1,125) Apr 27, 2011 Mississippi
    Beer Trader

That's pretty much what it sounds like.

15. 01001111

01001111 Initiate (0) May 12, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

I actually liked Soroboruo. But I didn't get this email because I'm in the RS now. What's the deal/content?

Ilpalazzo likes this.
  16. Keyser

Beer Trader

Just an email notifying PS members of this quarter's beers, billing date and pickup date.

17. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Disciple (333) Sep 23, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

I also didn't hate Soroboruo but I didn't love it either. I still have a bottle in the back of the cellar. I wonder if I should even attempt to store it.

18. JohnCassillo

Beer Trader

I never had Sorobouro last year -- but I do remember bottles becoming available for PS members. So yeah, this seems a little like just pushing 2014's leftovers to this year.

Still, willing to give it a shot. Other two beers should definitely make up for it.

19. PG2G

PG2G Devotee (484) Dec 26, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

This sounds awful, but the optimist in me wants to think that no other sours are ready due to the delay associated with moving everything.

20. Bradthoc

Bradthoc Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2011 Nevada
    Beer Trader

Correcting myself before I get torn apart, I'm thinking of Couverteur.

21. SHODriver

SHODriver Meyvn (1,406) Aug 13, 2010 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

they never copped to it being off in the first place. it just went from being a barrel aged wee heavy to a sour ale that was aged in whiskey barrels to my knowledge.

they're still getting a solid beer but it isn't nearly as tart as the rest of the sour beers from The Bruery. I guess this means I can look forward to buying some Chocolate Rain next month.

22. manny90

manny90 Initiate (139) Feb 7, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Hahaha, I thought dumping Bois fume and smooth criminal on the RS was bad enough, but jeesh. Price of admission for chocolate rain I guess?

23. 01001111

01001111 Initiate (0) May 12, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

ISO: Soroboruo FT: Bois Fume. For real.

JohnCassillo and manny90 like this.
  24. manny90

manny90 Initiate (139) Feb 7, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I was excited when they first announced the ba wee heavy, damn shame.
    FT: Bois Fume and Smooth criminal ISO: hop hunter or something that I actually will enjoy.

25. DarthCitra

DarthCitra Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2015 California

I actually liked Bois Fume, i wouldnt mind another ;) Smooth Criminal on the other hand was a pretty mediocre for my taste

RDMII likes this.
  26. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (342) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I loved all three beers you guys are hating on. Glad to get a spare Bois Fume and SC, and hoping RS will see more Soroboruo, I've gone through nearly a case and only have six left.

27. SoNiC21

SoNiC21 Aspirant (224) Jan 20, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

I didn't get my email, when's the pickup date Mid March?

28. HeyKid

HeyKid Initiate (138) Jun 5, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Starting March 17th

29. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Hilarious how Bruery just dumps those beers on RS/PS. They know people will be / are upset about it, but nobody will risk losing dat Chocolate Rain.

30. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Devotee (466) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I was NOT a fan of Soroboruo... but that Smooth Criminal I enjoyed quite a bit.

31. skelliott

skelliott Initiate (160) Jul 2, 2013 California

Your upcoming package of delicious beers will be ready for you on March 17th, but in the meantime, we're giving you an opportunity to purchase a couple bottles of a great beer from our archives... Mash & Grind!

You can purchase this beer right now via TheBrueryStore.com, but be sure to log in as it is only available to our Preservation Society members and won't appear on the screen until you log in.

This beer will be on sale through 3/20/14, while supplies last, via www.TheBrueryStore.com

32. JohnCassillo

Beer Trader

Just saw that myself. Really enjoyed Mash & Grind at the tasting room, so grabbed a bottle (along with one Or Xata bottle too).

33. BreweryRun

BreweryRun Devotee (400) Feb 22, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Guess I should have pulled the trigger. I loved mash and grind when I had it at the tasting room. Purely out of curiosity, what's the price tag on it?

34. SoNiC21

Beer Trader

Don't see Mash&Grind on my page unfortunately..

35. mattolesh

mattolesh Initiate (52) Sep 30, 2007 California

It should be showing up for current Preservation Society members. If you're not seeing it, please shoot me an email and I'll get it straightened out for you.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Matt.Olesh@TheBruery.com

36. SoNiC21

Beer Trader

Ok just had sent a message to one of the emails on the website, I'll send it to you right now.

1:50pm, now it just showed up. If it was your fixing or delay, thanks.

37. DrinkNoH2O

DrinkNoH2O Initiate (174) Oct 17, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

exactly.

38. JohnCassillo

Beer Trader

For those not watching emails/Facebook, two of Q2's allocations have been announced already: 2014 Port Barrel-Aged Sucre (fantastic, IMO) and L'Deracola. We'll see how the second one shakes out. I'm definitely willing to give it a shot.

39. dmolz

dmolz Initiate (196) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

when is the roll over date to cancel or stay for q2 for a new q1er such as myself? lol. I may end up upgrading next yr - but probably won't be back in time this yr or early next to keep going.

40. David9

David9 Initiate (159) Mar 25, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

Has anyone ever had a cola flavored beer before? It just doesnt sound right at all but either does Horchata, but the Or Xata turned out great

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.