Bruery RS/HS Allocations (2020)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by fegelFatso, Jan 1, 2020.

1. thetastywort

thetastywort Initiate (128) Jun 2, 2011 California
    Trader

Appreciate the commentary on that. I understand that we all have to make changes that are in the best interest of our personal and professional needs. I'm glad for the person you are mentioning (not sure if it's the same person I'm thinking of, but probably is) is moving onward to a new opportunity. I'm sure that I will patron that place as well! I've always appreciated the TR and Terreux culture and hope that they can continue that going forward. Hoping to get back to regular visits with beer-minded people that you can talk beer, culture and South Park episodes all in the same conversation!

My last comment on this subject is that I understand that businesses/corporations have to look at their different operations as separate profit centers. I'm hoping that these layoffs are not because the TR's are not making the margins they need and understand that the benefits and return of the TR is beyond the P&L for that profit center. They generate Preservation memberships that lead to long-time loyalty, draw sales from the website, and on and on. Investing in good people is worth it if you have good leadership on how to get the most out of people! Okay.....done with whatever you want to call this soapbox/rant. :slight_smile:

2. brewaddict

brewaddict Aspirant (274) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

Drank a bunch of Sticky Chunk when it was fresh and thought it was great. Just opened one of the last two cans and the almond has tempered a bit which has really improved the beer IMO.

I would still like to get the bag. Even if it's late in the year.

3. thetastywort

Trader

As for the beer.....July Preview looks great! Lot coming up, so gotta use my $$$ wisely!
    -CR is an obvious winner for me.
    -Pie Happy makes ME happy!
    -Sans Pagie Reserve could be interesting, but I'll need to taste this one first.
    -Still Vindictive....why "Still"?
    -Three's Company....sounds like my jam! Will buy, but need to try to determine how much.
    -The Vine, The Berry, The Spice....haven't heard anything from these. Labeled as Bruery and not Terreux. So not a sour..... maybe a saison? Any comments?

dcole, fegelFatso and bigdaddypolite like this.
  4. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (185) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Interested in Still Vindictive, San Pagaie and my favorite Sourrento!!!

fegelFatso and Yabu like this.
  5. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Aspirant (226) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Trader

MT puts the bottles/cans in my trunk and haven't gotten an order wrong yet. And there's no interaction. When they were doing sidewalk pickup they would hand off with minimal interaction.

Twice I've had the fulfillment center call out the name of something that matched the listing on the sheet but ended up it being something else once I got home and actually looked at the bottle.
    (and don't get me started on how much paper they generate and must pay someone to process)

Still doesn't answer my question of what the current Bruery procedure is.

6. ernh

ernh Initiate (192) Jun 10, 2012 California

Vine, Berry, Spice are the Chef Williamson collabs. There's a summary back a few months on Instagram I think. I think Vine has a Terreux logo at bottom of logo.

7. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (278) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

Wow, I wish I could say the same.

I haven't picked up the last few weeks at the bruery, but about 1 month ago they did a double check of the bottles just as usual.

pdmoore714 likes this.
  8. bigdaddypolite

bigdaddypolite Disciple (395) Mar 2, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

While you noticed the "Still", I noticed the "Vincdictive".

I am assuming that extraneous C on the label is just a typo??

dmui4031, thetastywort and superball9 like this.
  9. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Initiate (177) Jun 23, 2013 California

10. irthesteve

irthesteve Aspirant (209) Mar 7, 2014 California

So amped on the Brooke collabs, she's my favorite local chef and her restaurants are great. I get bottles of Girl Grey every time they are available. Kyuri Dragon was good too, but I am not huge on cucumber so I don't come back to that one often.

11. thetastywort

Trader

Nice catch!

fegelFatso likes this.
  12. thetastywort

Trader

Thanks for sharing! All sound pretty exciting and this might be an even more expensive month than May. While all sound really intriguing, any beer that is a collaboration with Mikerphone Brewing and Moksa Brewing immediately gets my attention. Those other 2 are possibly two of my favorite breweries outside of The Bruery.

dcole, APCreative_, ernh and 2 others like this.
  13. dmui4031

dmui4031 Initiate (69) Feb 1, 2012 California

Made it just for you...

superball9 and fegelFatso like this.
  14. dmui4031

We're still planning on the bags! Just have had some supplier issues with all the things going on in the world.

15. dmui4031

Man, ya caught us.

16. dcole

dcole Initiate (25) Aug 26, 2019 California

Great news on the bags!

17. dcole

dcole Initiate (25) Aug 26, 2019 California

Exactly. All of the collabs with Mikerphone to date have been outstanding!

infectedstouts and skiking70 like this.
  18. beerdoggie

beerdoggie Initiate (64) Jul 9, 2016 California
    Trader

Very disappointed to crack another infected beer from the Bruery tonight, my third in the past three months. Tonight's was So It Happens It's Tuesday. Hopefully they respond this time. Considering I have spent many thousands, probably near ten on society allocations, the fact that they duck on making $80 worth of mistakes right really rubs me the wrong way. Every other brewery whom this happens with has done the right thing, even much smaller and lower quality shops... Maybe the name and size is going to their head?

19. fegelFatso

They’ve ducked!?!? That’s not The Bruery I know... they have always been eager and willing to make it right. Here’s hoping it’s just a communication breakdown @dmui4031

20. yokels

yokels Initiate (60) Sep 5, 2015 California
    Trader

Was it S'mores? I had one that was a gusher but it tasted fine.

21. dmui4031

This doesn't sound right, this doesn't sound right at all! Shoot me an email at daniel.munoz@thebruery.com and we'll make it right. We are keen on quality.

22. AndrewK

AndrewK Aspirant (281) Oct 20, 2006 California

What vintage? I’m pretty sure they offered refunds for the 2016 or whatever batch it was that was infected back when it was discovered.

23. stealth

stealth Zealot (549) Dec 16, 2011 Minnesota

Same. Bruery has always been outstanding to respond to any issues I’ve had, especially a few infection issues. Third infected bottle in three months?? There’s more to this story.

24. jrm303130

jrm303130 Initiate (58) Jan 26, 2016 California

Been a member for 5 years and think I’ve had less than 3 bottles go bad from the Bruery. I know they’ve had some problems but 3 I that short time is pretty bad luck.

ivegot3Dvision and fegelFatso like this.
  25. mrmsmith

mrmsmith Initiate (116) Apr 22, 2007 District of Columbia

Does anyone know where I can find a list of Hoarders-only beers through the years? The Bruery archives are sparse on this.

fegelFatso likes this.
  26. dmui4031

We're launching a new version of the website in about a month, with a pretty in depth archive. That should get it done!

mayorQuimby, superball9, IKR and 8 others like this.
  27. Conneringo

Conneringo Aspirant (220) Nov 28, 2016 Nevada
    Society Trader

this is great news!

fegelFatso likes this.
  28. mrmsmith

mrmsmith Initiate (116) Apr 22, 2007 District of Columbia

Glad to hear it! The current archives have been definitely been neglected for a few years. I was actually asking because I was considering creating a wikipedia list, but I'll just chill and drink for now.

fegelFatso likes this.
  29. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (185) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Anyone opened this years Sour Rye w/ Pineapple and Coconut recently? Opened one right now and there's no trace of the adjuncts. Just tastes like a regular SitR.

30. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (545) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

I would be ALL about this beer/wine/hybrid if the base beer wasn't sour. I, personally, enjoy sweet dessert wines and this sounded right up my alley until I read the bottle.

31. AndrewK

AndrewK Aspirant (281) Oct 20, 2006 California

The description doesn’t say anything about sour until you see the label, which is disconcerting and misleading. From “a highly viscous, sweet ale with hints of crème brûlée, honeysuckle, mandarin orange, and honeyed apricot” I would not at all guess that it is sour.

ivegot3Dvision likes this.
  32. Buck_Jones

Buck_Jones Devotee (442) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan

YES! I had this experience exactly!

It was a complete let down, as it was one of the beers I had circled on the schedule. I thought maybe my palate was having an off day or something...

AyeDogg likes this.
  33. stealth

stealth Zealot (549) Dec 16, 2011 Minnesota

Same here as well. I’ll get one to try but def would get multiples if it wasn’t a sour.

fegelFatso and ivegot3Dvision like this.
  34. dmui4031

Just thought I'd jump in here because I have tasted it, and it's just as we describe and actually not sour really. It drinks like a dessert wine, viscous sweet and shows off mostly the late harvest grape flavors. If you're into ice wines, or dessert wines I highly recommend. Thanks for all the feedback on the labels though!

35. fegelFatso

I’m a sucker for Port Wine... this sounds good!

36. ernh

ernh Initiate (192) Jun 10, 2012 California

Enjoying a Pie Happy from last year. Really good and excited to see how this new batch turns out.

I feel like the apple flavor has mellowed from a year ago, but overall they really nailed the balance well in that it feels quite different from regular Anniversary and yet the apple and spices are flavorful without overwhelming. Also, perfect sweetness in my opinion, unlike original Hoarder Box version that was too sweet.

skiking70, EchtBier and fegelFatso like this.
  37. fegelFatso

This is going to be an expensive month!

EchtBier likes this.
  38. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (278) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

I shared American Anthem last friday. My friends liked it more than I. I picked up mostly cinnamon and a bit boozy, while they thought it was balanced tasting apricot (no peaches), cinnamon and vanilla in the finish. Glad I had brought that rather than drinking it alone.