Bruery RS/HS Allocations (2020)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by fegelFatso, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldrush

Goldrush Initiate (91) Jun 22, 2008 California

This is great to know, thank you!

infectedstouts and fegelFatso like this.
  2. juji23

juji23 Initiate (40) Mar 15, 2015 California

So any tasting notes on new beers yet?

infectedstouts likes this.
  3. djgustafson

djgustafson Disciple (315) Jul 25, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

Haven’t tried the new one, but decided to open up my Red Wine BA Black Tuesday tonight in an attempt to figure out how psyched I should be for the two-year.

Oh man, this is such an awesome beer - probably my favorite BT that I’ve tried. The dark fruits from the wine barrel compliment the base so so well. For context though, I’m a wine BA stout fanboy.

skiking70, dcole, Conneringo and 7 others like this.
  4. dmui4031

dmui4031 Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2012 California

These may be a little bit biased because we only put out beer that we love, but Darren and Jeremy give some tasting notes and background on this years beers here: www.vimeo.com/thebruery

We plan to drop tasting videos like these all year - definitely appreciate any feedback.

superball9, dcole, Conneringo and 7 others like this.
  5. pmoney2311

pmoney2311 Initiate (14) Mar 5, 2011 Maryland

Actually really like the videos (and the nicely laid out email I received before allocations came on line). Funny enough, as I was telling my wife about the videos, I said "...of course SJ and Darren are going to praise the beers because they brewed and released them but it's still great to hear them talk through each beer and what is in them and the tasting notes they got out of them."

After talking with SJ when he visited DTC last year, I have some feel where he's coming from in his tastes so it's nice to hear it for the new beers going forward.

Having said that, the vids and email have had the desired effect. Going into January I be like:
    [​IMG]
    and now that the January allocations came out, I'm like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. kbenson

kbenson Initiate (110) Aug 15, 2012 Texas

Is it possible to pick up on Tuesdays that are not Society Socials? I'll be in the area at the end of the month, on a Tuesday, and would love to bring my beers back home with me. Thanks!

7. deezy14

deezy14 Initiate (39) Sep 12, 2016 California

Just picked up at the Fulfillment Center. Hoarders (and presumably Reserve) access cards will not come in until *around* the 20th, so if you were thinking about going over there for those you’ll want to hold off.

8. bigdaddypolite

bigdaddypolite Disciple (382) Mar 2, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

Curious if anyone has had both Samoa BT and Aloha Friday, and could provide a comparison. I know they have some key differences, but with a coconut BT “base” for both I am interested to hear opinions/comparisons.

9. stealth

stealth Zealot (543) Dec 16, 2011 Minnesota

How fucking good is Grain In, Grain Out?? Reminds me of how older (2010-12) BCBS did when it had 3-4 years on it, but a slightly richer barrel character. Delicious.

BMan1113VR, dcole and infectedstouts like this.
  10. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Disciple (344) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

Those videos are awesome. Any and all info make me more likely to spend money with you

I can't wait to get into 2yrRWBT. RWBT is my favorite beer that I've gotten since I've been in RS (joined when DC opened). I love the 375mls but had to max these because I am seeing basically no chance that this isn't as good or better of an expression of Black Tuesday as is possible

I can't wait to get my bottles!

#SlowStart2020 :joy:

11. infectedstouts

infectedstouts Initiate (68) Dec 7, 2015 California
    Trader

That was the only beer I wanted in the set. I couldn't justify buying the box for that one beer. This makes me happy and sad all at the same time.

brewaddict, stealth and fegelFatso like this.
  12. itsalegood

itsalegood Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2019 California

I'm interested in that Royal St. Sweets. I'm a sucker for Bananas Foster.

13. ernh

ernh Aspirant (201) Jun 10, 2012 California

Opened my first Thomas Rutherford. It's delicious, but at the risk of sounding like noobs on Untappd, it actually does just taste like wine. I really liked how Elizabeth Rutherford bounced back and forth between BT and wine; an enigma wrapped in a conundrum. With Thomas, I'm having a tough time picking up the BT.

I think I like Elizabeth more by virtue of it being more unique - though would be interesting to know whether the Bruers think Thomas turned out better specifically because there's no clear line between the wine and beer.

14. ernh

15. infectedstouts

Trader

Welp it's sweet and cinnamon. Split it with a buddy who likes banana and says he doesn't get banana. It alright. I'm not a fan of sweet stouts so in reality I know little about how good it really is.

Aloha BT is awesome I like it way more than Samoa. Samoa lacked a lot of the coconut that aloha has. I also might be wrong again because I've heard you're crazy Samoa had a lot of coconut flavor.

Wine BT was fucking amazing. Yep. I love wine and I love wine BT blends. This is different this is if BT had tannins without being wine. Smell is BT and I was like damnit no wine. Then I took a sip my lips scrunched and I said you sons of guns got me good. This is aged in wine barrels, got the flavor of wine, but it's BT. Awesome job Bruery!

16. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Devotee (487) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

Aloha has much more coconut than Samoa did. I honestly didn't get much coconut in Samoa at all, while Aloha definitely has coconut. Aloha is much, much better IMO.

No banana. Overly sweet and lots of cinnamon.

deezy14, dcole, fegelFatso and 6 others like this.
  17. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Initiate (177) Jun 23, 2013 California

Enjoying some 2016 PB Thursday... mmmmmmmm it’s good!

Conneringo and dcole like this.
  18. stealth

stealth Zealot (543) Dec 16, 2011 Minnesota

Son of a bitch. Lol. Have a four pack for a share then.

mayorQuimby likes this.
  19. dcole

dcole Initiate (23) Aug 26, 2019 California

Agree - Grain In, Grain Out is fantastic! Although the other two Bruery offerings were good as well, especially Oh, My Cherry! I like barleywines and I like cherry so that was a great beer for me.

20. dcole

dcole Initiate (23) Aug 26, 2019 California

Ohhhh, bummer about the Royal St. Sweets. Not a fan of super cinnamon flavor, either, but like the sweet stouts. Maybe it will be like Muffin Stuffin where not all cans seemed to be as cinnamon-forward. Also might mellow out a bit if it sits in a growler overnight in the fridge. We shall see after I pick up...

stealth likes this.
  21. Swiveln

Swiveln Initiate (72) May 24, 2012 California
    Trader

Any rumors about anniversary party dates? I know it’s usually around cinco de Mayo. Just wondering if first or second week.

22. deezy14

It’s been the first Saturday in May (like the Kentucky Derby) for a long time.

23. BeerBaron666

BeerBaron666 Aspirant (215) May 13, 2009 California
    Trader

Surprised no posts about the society fulfillment center closing down

24. Swiveln

Swiveln Initiate (72) May 24, 2012 California
    Trader

copy, so looking like May 2nd

25. fegelFatso

Wait, what!?!?

26. AndyBrewsBeer

AndyBrewsBeer Initiate (87) May 6, 2015 California
    Trader

The calendar on their website shows that the anniversary party is going to be on May 23rd this year.

dcole likes this.
  27. ernh

Assuming they're referring to the Tue/Wed thing. I think those grievanced were aired in the 2019 thread.

Scottie_A25 likes this.
  28. 562Brew

562Brew Initiate (81) Mar 5, 2018 California
    Trader

Haven't heard anything about it. Just picked up this weekend.

29. AustinG

AustinG Initiate (0) Mar 15, 2018 California

Unfortunately the Federal law still requires a lot of separation, requiring diagrams on how the brewery/winery is split, and sometimes requiring walls to separate the production. Then you can only work on one type of alcohol for each 24 hour period. I.e. from 12am Monday til 11:59pm Monday you can only move/work on either Wine, or Beer, but not both.

Federal still goes by the 51% of the fermentable sugars need to be from grain, and grain based sources in order to be called a beer.(there's more specifics, but this is the gist of the requirement.)

30. ernh

Lame.

31. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2013 California

you could almost say the The Bruery is getting a taste of their own 24 hour notice policy

MontereyBayBeer and Frosty11161 like this.
  32. fegelFatso

So I’m confused... is the Fulfillment center gone for good or not?

Also, two more Hazys from Offshoot... who’s surprised?

APCreative_ and deezy14 like this.
  33. deezy14

I quit buying them. I’m almost convinced that the only thing that changes with their hazes are the label. J/K sort of. I’m over hazy beer.

superball9 likes this.
  34. annakarina

annakarina Initiate (180) Jul 29, 2016 California

Has Offshoot even made any good hazies besides the HPB collab a year or two ago? I always forget they exist.

FrogOut69 likes this.
  35. Space_Cowboy85

Space_Cowboy85 Initiate (50) Dec 24, 2018 Texas
    Trader

When Relax was made in Placentia, I was a big fan of it. Now that it’s made in Florida, it kinda sucks.

36. ernh

What what what? 'Splain Lucy...

37. Space_Cowboy85

Space_Cowboy85 Initiate (50) Dec 24, 2018 Texas
    Trader

They started contract brewing Relax in Florida a while back. I could’ve sworn this got discussed in last year’s thread.

FrogOut69 likes this.
  38. itsalegood

itsalegood Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2019 California

Thanks for the thoughts on Royal St. Sweets. I'll probably pass on it, I'm not a big fan of the ones that are cinnamon forward.

39. infectedstouts

Trader

You can always take that money and spend it on many of the other bottles this month. I enjoyed Hoppy horsey and room for you, a lot. This month had some great releases.

Daniel_T likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.