Bruery RS/HS Allocations (2020)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by fegelFatso, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skiking70

skiking70 Aspirant (241) Sep 23, 2014 Maryland
    Trader

Listen I’m on here often and nothing I’ve read from you seemed offensive or directed at any one individual. It’s unfortunate that you have lost some friendships, but you need to reflect if they were truly friends at all. Think of all the good you did for the Bruery societies (really just HS and future HS members), but whose keeping track. We no longer have to hear complaints that Hoarders don’t have enough time to buy beer before RS. In all seriousness you truly spearheaded a lot of changes across the societies for the better. Keep your head up and keep championing for us all. As you said it’s just beer and those friends need to remember that too.

2. AndrewK

AndrewK Aspirant (272) Oct 20, 2006 California

Random question, was Cordial BBLs Terreux only, or did I just miss it somehow last year (I was Bruery/Terreux mix)?

3. stealth

stealth Zealot (543) Dec 16, 2011 Minnesota

Was a Hoarder’s exclusive Terreux beer - all Hoarders got two bottles in their membership.

4. AndrewK

AndrewK Aspirant (272) Oct 20, 2006 California

Ah interesting.

5. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (537) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

Yes, and if anyone wants one let me know. It was definitely a swing and a miss for me.

6. ernh

ernh Aspirant (201) Jun 10, 2012 California

7. ernh

8. brewaddict

brewaddict Aspirant (275) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

Drinking All the Chocolate Cows right now. Fantastic! Reminds me of the crust of an ice cream sandwich.

9. craigr726

craigr726 Initiate (7) Jun 21, 2019 California

Hello? Is this thing on?

10. bigdaddypolite

bigdaddypolite Disciple (382) Mar 2, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

Someone please do a wellness check on @fegelFatso. :wink:

11. juji23

juji23 Initiate (40) Mar 15, 2015 California

Opened my last Apfel. Very glad they are re-brewing that one! Such a nice balance of bright apple flavor up top and the brandy/wheatwine underneath.

Yabu, Conneringo and djgustafson like this.
  12. djgustafson

djgustafson Disciple (315) Jul 25, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

Cracked my Brycescotti tonight with not super high expectations after Rue’d Attitude. It’s excellent, though! Coffee is the dominant adjunct that comes through, but the chocolate and almonds are there too. Debating stocking up on this one!

13. Thenomad512

Thenomad512 Initiate (46) Mar 19, 2019 California

kbenson, skiking70, Jonl0424 and 2 others like this.
  14. dirtyhalos

dirtyhalos Initiate (108) Apr 10, 2014 California
    Trader

I want mash back!!! No adjunct barleywine!!! Is that too much to ask for?!?!?!

15. AlmostDeadly777

AlmostDeadly777 Initiate (44) Apr 29, 2018 California

FWIW I was at Mr K's today and they had some Mash (2015-2016?, didn't check the bottle, just assuming) on the shelves still if you're local

Scottie_A25 and dirtyhalos like this.
  16. brewaddict

Trader

It's been a surprisingly long time since I've opened a bottle of straight up Black Tuesday. Had all of the variants. Anniversary box, Red Wine barrel, etc.

Just opened a 2019 for the game and the base still as good or better than anything I've had since. Granted, I have to admit that the 2019 is way less hot than I've had in previous years. Great job Bruery.

superball9, kbenson, stealth and 7 others like this.
  17. kapkenobi

kapkenobi Aspirant (206) Nov 27, 2011 Pennsylvania

Opened a Terreusco and a batch 50 G.F.A.R. last night for the game. batch 50, first time in about 7 years since i had it, still tasted solid but felt like it was a few years past its peak.

Terreusco to me was amazing. wish i had bought more than one of those.

18. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (287) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

Opened up a black tuesday reserve 2015. Incredibly smooth & delicious. No heat or booziness.

My friend & I devoured it . What a treat!

19. 562Brew

562Brew Initiate (81) Mar 5, 2018 California
    Trader

Had a Churriosity can Friday night and the Cinnamon Whisky barrel mellowed out. Less of the candied cinnamon taste and more balanced and creamy with the dulce de leche/lactose.

Had a Muffin Stuffin can yesterday and the nose was great, fresh baked blueberry muffins. Too much cinnamon though takes some away from the blueberry. IMO, the cinnamon wasn't necessary in this.

superball9, Conneringo and brewaddict like this.
  20. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2013 California

sounds like I missed a good old fashioned drunken rant

21. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (2,457) Aug 13, 2010 North Carolina
    Society

How long are you aging it for? To me that beer gets better and better the longer you let it sit.

I thought it was good. It tastes like a Queen Anne Cordial Cherry. If you don't like liquid candy then I can understand the displeasure.

Yabu, ernh and stealth like this.
  22. ernh

I would agree. I bought three bottles in 2017 and drank one fresh, at one year, and at two years. I did note the chocolate was nicer after two years, and definitely flavorful (just less intense in my opinion than Cows). It's a very fine beer, but with the price point there are just many other ways I'd rather spend my Bruery dollars.

23. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (287) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

I have one more Churriosity, will compare it. Hoping they'll release it again.

I've yet to open a can of muffin stuffin that has too much cinnamon. Cinnamon ruins some beers for sure, but imo was spot on. Blueberry forward and chocolate.

brewaddict and skiking70 like this.
  24. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (537) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

The way you describe it sounds delicious (and that's how I assumed it would taste) but I've now opened two and they taste the same. The sour stout gives it that "old port that I opened 3 weeks ago" taste.

I loved Smore Bbls, that one worked for me. Maybe it was the cherries that turned me off.

Conneringo likes this.
  25. Scottie_A25

Scottie_A25 Initiate (156) Nov 4, 2013 California

Are we expecting an email for Societal Socials?

26. brewaddict

Trader

The last email I got on Friday mentions February new beers and society social on Tuesday next week. Which should be today. I got used to the 10am sharp email and allocation update, but they may not be doing it the same anymore.

27. AlmostDeadly777

Per their IG story it looks like Terreux is no longer closed to the public for the entire Society Social Tuesday now? They're opening earlier (2 PM) but it states that Terreux will be open to the public at 8 PM. In the past I've noticed the 7-8 o'clock hour is one of the busiest times of the day on SMM or SST, so that's kind of disappointing.

28. Scottie_A25

Scottie_A25 Initiate (156) Nov 4, 2013 California

The new hours are all over the place, too.

AlmostDeadly777 and fegelFatso like this.
  29. dmui4031

dmui4031 Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2012 California

Thanks for the feedback. We've tried to get these communications into the "Tasting Room Events" section of your members emails - also have had a few stories. Cleary, though, communication wasn't as clear as we'd like so we'll work on improving for next month. First Tuesday of each month we'll have the Society Social at The Bruery - Terreux Tasting Room (unless otherwise noted). Members will get the chance to preview all the new beers for the month. Always feel free to reach out our team at society@thebruery.com with any clarifying questions. Hope you enjoy the beers tonight!

- Daniel

superball9 and Scottie_A25 like this.
  30. stealth

Finally got my bottles of Aloha from my trustee. Drinking now and...holy fuck is this hot. Great heavy toasted coconut and macadamia flavors, but damn, this one needs to sit for a while.

Solid weekday offering, no doubt. Can't wait to have it in a year or two.

skiking70, Conneringo, ernh and 2 others like this.
  31. ernh

Whoa. They actually lowered the price point on regular White Chocolate. Fascinating.

I'm confused by the price point on Love Bites. $13 a can for non-BA? I guess strawberries are just that expensive? They had an Instagram pic that showed barrels, but nowhere on the description does it mention being BA.

Also interested to see if the small allocations for Raspberry WC and the Wee Heavy are to make sure a little goes around or if they're actually super limited...

Conneringo, fegelFatso and Jonl0424 like this.
  32. AlmostDeadly777

They had the bottles in the fridge last night at the Society Social, I didn't see anyone purchase any, but they were there at Terreux.

Agreed, the hours are everywhere and pretty inconsistent right now. All the signs on the door said it was Closed to the public yesterday, members only, despite on IG saying they opened at 8 PM for the public. The only days I make it up there are typically the end of the week unless it's Society Social Tuesday so it's not a big deal for me, but that would be annoying if you're local.

fegelFatso likes this.
  33. Jonl0424

Jonl0424 Initiate (67) May 23, 2015 Michigan

They replied to my comment on instagram that love bites is partially ba, weird that can doesn’t mention, and I bet at least 2 more bottles will be in allocations when they reset bottles

ernh likes this.
  34. stealth

Wonder if they lowered it because, now that it is distributed all over, it tends to sit on shelves and sell at really cheap prices, compared to what we can buy them at even with our discount (at least they seem to here in MN).

Conneringo likes this.
  35. chong138

chong138 Initiate (97) Dec 30, 2007 California

Their tasting notes vid mentioned it being partially BA. Weird to not mention it on the can.

ernh and fegelFatso like this.
  36. ernh

Tasting notes from locals?

37. Conneringo

Conneringo Initiate (30) Nov 28, 2016 Nevada
    Trader

Just cracked open a cordial BBLs tonight. Absolutely amazing, sour and heat has mellowed and a wonderful powdered cocoa chery bomb. Hope we see another chance to buy this soon!!

rodbeermunch and skiking70 like this.
  38. Coth24

Coth24 Initiate (25) Sep 28, 2018 California

Can anyone verify what was in the black tuesday barrel odyssey package sold on i believe black Friday? I picked mine up and think somethings off

39. stealth

18 Reserve, 19 grand reserve, 17 BT, if I recall correctly.

Conneringo, Coth24, Jonl0424 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.