BYOB - Manhattan?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by jrnyc, Oct 5, 2016.

1. jrnyc

jrnyc Savant (945) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

Anyone know of any BYOB places in Manhattan with no corkage fee or low cost, west side preferred?

2. sobeleg

sobeleg Disciple (393) Jun 29, 2011 New York
    Beer Trader

My wife goes to Tartine in the West Village all the time with friends, and it is BYO

3. mugs1789

mugs1789 Initiate (186) Dec 6, 2005 Maryland

When I was a young man, those two Indian places right next to each other, each about 6 feet wide, on or near St. Marks, were BYO. I was never charged a corkage fee.

dar482 likes this.
  4. GoGators

GoGators Crusader (752) Aug 5, 2010 New Jersey
    Subscriber Beer Trader

mahler and MosaicDrops like this.
  5. RobNewton

RobNewton Disciple (361) Dec 30, 2014 New York
    Beer Trader

Alachi Masala on the upper west side at 84th and Amsterdam.

6. Zonk

Zonk Devotee (435) Dec 2, 2014 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

I've done wine events at Peking Duck House in Midtown. Might want to bring your own glassware though.

RobNewton likes this.
  7. moon0

moon0 Initiate (166) Feb 26, 2003 New York
    Beer Trader

8. jrnyc

jrnyc Savant (945) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

Ended up going to Ponche Taqueria and Cantina on 49th street. Small place, food was solid. Wasn't sure on the pricing, but we opened two bombers and one can and they charged us $5. When I originally called I think they said $5 for a bottle and $5 for a six pack, not really sure. But turned out to be a great place to do a two man bottle share and eat some good food.

dar482 likes this.
  • About Us

Founded in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.