Belgium Calling Westvleteren from Germany

Discussion in 'Europe' started by SammyJ, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SammyJ

SammyJ Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2013 North Carolina

Hey guys,
    Anyone ever tried to call the beer line from Germany? I have a Lebara prepaid and everytime I call the number (+32 70 21 00 45) it says the number doesn't exist. Has anyone had any luck with any of the prepaid cell carriers here?

thanks!
    S

2. doopiedoopiedoo

doopiedoopiedoo Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2010 Netherlands

Are you sure you are using the correct number to call out of Germany?
    and that you are calling at a time the website says to call?

I've called, from Holland, using a cell phone before without a problem.

3. Brabander

Brabander Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2009 Netherlands

Mmmmm, could be that Lebara is only for telephonecalls inside Germany. Try another number in Belgium to see if that works!

Thijs

4. Erzengel

Erzengel Aspirant (290) Sep 8, 2008 Germany
    Beer Trader

With Wesrvleteren it is strange - my landline-phone is from O2 and the number gets transmitted - but I can't call the monks - and don't know why. It is the same with a phone from a friend of mine whose phone is from another company...
    But it works with my cell-phone (T-mobile). But I don't know why the others are not working even if they can reach other numbers in Belgium...

PS: I just saw that Lebara is using the T-mobile-network... --> try the number starting with 0032 to get sure, but 003270210045 should work...

5. SammyJ

SammyJ Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2013 North Carolina

Hey guys,
    Thanks for the advice! I ended up having to use Google Voice and was able to get through. I pick up the beer tomorrow!!! Can't wait!

6. Brabander

Brabander Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2009 Netherlands

Good te read it all worked out in the end! Enjoy the trip and the pickup!

Thijs

7. BierMeJohn

BierMeJohn Disciple (339) Feb 9, 2013 Maryland
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I have service with T-mobile and am having the same problem. Unlike SammyJ I wasn't able to use my Google Voice though. Going to the mobile store later today to try to figure out why. Anyone have anything new to add on this topic since April?

8. BierMeJohn

Subscriber Beer Trader

Well, I got my Google Voice to work and got through! Would still like to get this problem with my mobile provider sorted out though....

9. Erzengel

Beer Trader

Are you on German t-mobile? And are you directly at them using a contract, or do you use a sub-company? I have a contract directly at T-Mobile Germany and when calling Westvleteren, I always use my mobile and it works! Are you sure you have entered the correct country-code??

10. BierMeJohn

Subscriber Beer Trader

Yeah, direct w/ German T-Mobile, one contract and one pre-paid, neither worked even though both have previously. I had the number saved from a successful call-in last February, so I'm sure I dialed correctly.

11. Erzengel

Beer Trader

That is very strange... I just wanted to check if my phone gets through, listening to their massage on band, and it said that the number is unknown...
    and if I enter the number with the region"0", which is normally wrong on international calls, I get the busy-beep - hat 10pm.... very strange...
    --> could you find something out yet? I don't have Google-Voice and want to call them again.....

12. BierMeJohn

Subscriber Beer Trader

Sorry for being slow getting back to this... So, another friend of mine had this same problem. After we talked about it, he went over to the mobile store. Of course they couldn't make since of it, so they called the T-Mobile hotline. After going back and forth with the hotline rep offering up suggestions of what was wrong that didn't hold water and were refuted by my friend, they finally just basically said, "look, we'd don't know" So not very good news I'm afraid.... It's continues to be a mystery!! :astonished:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.