Camping in Decorah

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Pintofbrown, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pintofbrown

Pintofbrown Initiate (0) Jun 25, 2011 Texas

A group of friends and myself are going camping in Decorah on Saturday. Obviously, we are also going to make a stop at TG and The Cellar because beer.

I was wondering if anyone from the area had some more info on camping there, and if any of the sites are within decent walking distance of downtown Decorah. I know we had been looking at Pulpit Rock Campsite already. Does Campsite Park allow tents to be put up?

Bonus question would be where in town would be the best place to go to watch the World Cup match? We assumed T. Bock's, but weren't sure what other restaurants had TVs going. Thanks for the info in advance every body!

2. DBijnagte

DBijnagte Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2012 Minnesota

Pulpit rock is reasonably close, about a mile from the brewery. It's the only campsite in easy walking distance. When we went for the David release (thanks for sharing your NT!) we stayed at Hutchinson family farms. That was more like 5 miles out but a much better site. Pulpit rock was basically a lawn with streetlights causing many sites to be really bright. Campsite park doesn't allow camping as far as I recall, just a confusingly named public park.

3. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,066) Nov 12, 2010 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Just stayed at Hutchinson Family Farms a couple weeks ago and had a great time, being as we were the only ones camping. It was rather inexpensive too, they do have cabins too that were between $75-125, I believe.

4. Pintofbrown

Pintofbrown Initiate (0) Jun 25, 2011 Texas

Awesome! Hutchinson Family Farms looks legit! Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.