Canadian IPA's

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by pro45, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pro45

pro45 Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2016 New York

I'm reading up on several reviews on Canadian Breweries, specifically, their IPA/DIPA offerings. I want to give these beers a try but I haven't seen any in NYC Does anyone know of beverage centers in upstate NY, VT, or CT that carries beers from Canadian breweries? Thanks...

2. guinness77

guinness77 Poo-Bah (1,816) Jan 6, 2014 New York
    Society

When i was in Connecticut earlier this year I was able to pick up Ransack the Universe IPA from Collective Arts Brewing which is based in Ontario. It was nothing mindblowing but it was pretty solid. The can artwork was pretty trippy too. I've never seen any of their stuff in NY though, and it's the only beer of theirs I've had

Lone_Freighter likes this.
  3. Skartski

Skartski Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2015 New York

Not distributed in the us...but I had a IPA du nord-est from Boreale while in Montreal over summer and it was incredible...so be on the lookout if you're ever in Montreal

4. Rocktire

Rocktire Aspirant (275) Jan 15, 2017 New York
    Society

Collective Arts is all over Orange and Rockland Counties in NY.

5. Lone_Freighter

Lone_Freighter Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2017 Vermont

In the Albany NY area, Westmere Bevy and Oliver's, carry some Collective Arts, Dieu Du Ciel, Unibroue and Central City.

Here in Vermont, we get all of the above except Central City. We had Parallel 49 for a little bit, but I want to say both of those breweries pulled out probably due to the cross country trek and freshness issues (just a guess).

Collective Arts, Dieu Du Ciel and Unibroue can be found pretty much anywhere in the state of Vermont wherever there is a bottle shop.

edit: I forgot about these guys: Les Trois Mousquetaires, but I've only ever seen their beers at Winooski Bevy.

#5 Lone_Freighter, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  6. BltByKrmn

BltByKrmn Defender (631) Jan 16, 2013 New York

I've had some really great NE style IPAs in Toronto from local breweries.

7. pro45

pro45 Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2016 New York

Thanks. I'll check out Westmere's later this month. Unibroue is everywhere here.I'll also check out Orange and Rockland counties. Thanks again...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.