1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.

CANBIF 2013 Hints & Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Phyl21ca, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seblp

seblp Feb 9, 2010 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Box is all packed! No room for any bad beer...too many great beers and swag ;)
    187oz + swag. Shipping out on Monday!!

Hint 2: There's a Walmart less than 8km away from my target (Yeah, I know kjyost, 95% of Cdn population)

korguy123 likes this.
  2. papat444

papat444 Dec 28, 2006 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Will def be able to send a few Québécois entries of the Top 50 + some personal faves. It looks like it'll be an all-local box from me, darn ;)

kjyost and FondueVoodoo like this.
  3. korguy123

korguy123 May 17, 2008 Ontario (Canada)

Going to attempt a decent hint now.

My target lives within a 30min drive to my favorite Strip Club :cool: don't tell the Mrs.
    Also a 2.5hr drive to the place where they make my fiancee's cheat food (when she isn't eating carrot sticks and celery)

4. FondueVoodoo

FondueVoodoo Feb 12, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

No. 5 Orange forever!

5. Electros

Electros Feb 20, 2007 Ontario (Canada)
    Subscriber Beer Trader

"Down by the bay,Where the watermelons grow,Back to my home,I dare not go,For if I do,My mother will say:"

"Have you ever seen a blue eagle drinking beer with a regal beagle?"

"Down by the bay..."

206 oz, swag... yeaaah!

6. FondueVoodoo

Beer Trader

Hint #2

My target's town has less Starbucks than where I live.

seblp likes this.
  7. dresden

dresden Oct 28, 2012 Saskatchewan (Canada)

Hint
    My target is probably in a fantasy soccer league.

TheSevenDuffs likes this.
  8. Boozecamel

Boozecamel Feb 25, 2011 British Columbia (Canada)

I had a good evenings shopping, grabbing a couple of my targets wants. Was happy because I thought they were long gone from the shelves!

Oh and barware all the way for me. But then again I practically live in beer T-Shirts so would be perfectly happy to add to the collection.

Rutager likes this.
  9. Caudalie

Caudalie Nov 29, 2011 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Was wondering, now with the new law that allows shipping of alcohol between provinces, is it possible to use canada postal services and just declare the truth?

10. Rutager

Rutager Oct 18, 2010 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Is that place still around? I think every other one I went to when I was in my teens ...err 20s, ya 20s, has been long gone!!

FondueVoodoo likes this.
  11. Rutager

Beer Trader

No, definitely not allowed to ship alcohol privately. We aren't shipping any alcohol via Canada post. Using legal methods of transport only.

12. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Feb 9, 2009 Manitoba (Canada)
    Beer Trader

For anyone who is shipping to or through Manitoba you may want to wait. We're getting a snowstorm supposedly tomorrow. Temps hitting -6C on Saturday, could go down further though.

kjyost likes this.
  13. KeKeKumba

KeKeKumba May 5, 2011 Ontario (Canada)

Hint #1: Walking to my target would take less than 65 hours, requires the use of a ferry that may or may not be open year round, and using public transport shaves off only a few hours.

Also, due to me being dumb, I may need to send two boxes (I will try my very best to avoid this).

Rutager likes this.
  14. TheSevenDuffs

TheSevenDuffs Jan 20, 2010 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Hmmm .... if it is a matter of shipping through MB I think you will be ok as long as you ship out on Monday as it should get to Ontario or Quebec by next Friday and won't be stuck in MB on some FedEx truck over a cold weekend...

15. tbadiuk

Beer Trader

I've seen FedEx semi's stopped for the night (or at least a few hours food/sleep) at truck stops near the Canadian Mint coming home from the lake in the summer at 2am a while back. Having said that, the 10 day forcast is showing a low of -7C (19F) for Wednesday here. I know that will cause Cantillon bottles to leak from experience for example...:(

TheSevenDuffs likes this.
  16. TheSevenDuffs

Beer Trader

that's not good! What would you recommend? Waiting a week?

17. tbadiuk

Beer Trader

I'd wait the week to be safe. I know we're all eager here to get new goodies but it won't kill us if we ship the 15th instead of the 8th. Also, I wish the sun was up- if I posted a picture of the field in my back yard with 3+ foot snowdrifts still I don't think anyone would be wanting to have their beer come anywhere near here! :p

(Edit: this is of course only for shipments near MB. If you're going AB-->BC or ON-->QC or The Maritimes I'm assuming that's OK, although someone from those regions can probably offer better info.)

18. tbadiuk

Beer Trader

Who's up for a morning snowshoe to the beer store? :p

[​IMG]

Electros and kjyost like this.
  19. hoppypocket

hoppypocket Feb 22, 2011 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Also.. If you can avoid scotch ales, i'm getting less and less interested in thoses. Digging well made lagers theses days (good pils or bocks) If my sender is from ontario, I also enjoyed everything i had from bellwoods so something from them would be fun. Other than this, feel free to send whatever you feel is good and whatever swag you find. If its a t-shirt, i'm a medium size.

I am shipping to a place south from where i live. I hope the delevery guy wont get stuck in the mud.

20. papat444

Beer Trader

Wet snow out today :eek:

Hint #2: My target has less wants than gots.

21. pushkinwow

pushkinwow Dec 20, 2006 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Hint #2: My beer package will be going north...

22. ricochet173

ricochet173 Jul 6, 2011 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Wait, so we're not supposed to ship via Canada Post for this? What should I use?

23. Rutager

Beer Trader

Unfortunately, there is no legal way to send beer from province to province as far as I know. What I said was tongue-in-cheek.

24. papat444

Beer Trader

If it reassures anyone, i received a package from AB this week and nothing was frozen.

Rutager likes this.
  25. TheSevenDuffs

Beer Trader

We are not supposed to ship via Canada Post or any carrier. It is technically illegal to ship beer (not that you are going to get a criminal record for doing so). Ship with whoever you are most comfortable - Canada Post, FedEx or UPS. I would not recommend UPS though.

Rutager likes this.
  26. phirleh

phirleh Sep 29, 2008 Ontario (Canada)

My box is in the FedEx system, about 176 ounces with a bit of swag. Hit a few of my target's wants, all brews are from Southern Ontario, and ones I thouroughly enjoy, a few have seen the inside of a barrel, and the ones that need to be fresh were all picked up this week.
    Hint: heading in the direction of an ocean.

Rutager likes this.
  27. FondueVoodoo

Beer Trader

Hint: 3 - My shipment is crossing through MB and therefore will be postponed a week :(

To my sender, if the above also applies to you I would prefer to wait instead of taking chances on freezing.

Now, do I make another batch of swag to "test"...ie eat...:p

korguy123 likes this.
  28. ricochet173

ricochet173 Jul 6, 2011 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

- Hint 3:

- Hint 4:

FondueVoodoo likes this.
  29. Caudalie

Caudalie Nov 29, 2011 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

200 oz, shipping on monday morning, package will be delivered to someone living near a lesser known wine region.

30. TheSevenDuffs

Beer Trader

It is nice to see a few boxes clocking around 200 oz. so far!

korguy123 likes this.
  31. liamt07

liamt07 Jul 26, 2009 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

My target's city has 3 or more vowels in the name of the city AND all of the letters within their area code are contained within the last 13 letters of the alphabet.

Rutager and FondueVoodoo like this.
  32. jimctin

jimctin Jun 11, 2009 Ontario (Canada)

Box just got packed. ~220oz. Ready for monday. By the look of the beers in the box, it would have probably made more sense to pack them in a barrel.;)

33. KeKeKumba

KeKeKumba May 5, 2011 Ontario (Canada)

Been a tough go matching wants and what not, but I've rounded up 5 bottles (+ 2 more bottles I have in mind) plus a growler I plan to get the day I ship. Looking at about 170-180oz. Hope to ship mid next week. Shipping will be quick. Fun stuff.

Rutager likes this.
  34. peensteen

peensteen Apr 3, 2010 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Hint #2

My target has an equal number of "wants" and "gots" (as of right now)

35. seblp

seblp Feb 9, 2010 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Update: I just repacked the box with one more beer (found some space!).
    So, 199oz of liquid happiness!

Hint 3: The result of the addition of all digits in the street number of my target is included in his/her postal code.

FondueVoodoo likes this.
  36. SebD

SebD Nov 24, 2010 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Just bottled my latest batch of DIPA and it smells AMAZING. There will be a bottle heading to an undisclosed location next week for someone to enjoy as fresh as can be.

ricochet173 likes this.
  37. Rutager

Beer Trader

Going by their list, my target is a pretty big fan of beers that are "not my absolute fav styles". Too bad their box doesn't contain any of those... :p

FondueVoodoo likes this.
  38. Rutager

Beer Trader

I had to TinEye my targets avatar to figure out what it was. Turns out it's a pretty cool avatar, I just didn't know.

39. Electros

Subscriber Beer Trader

Star Fox!

40. Electros

Subscriber Beer Trader

Hmmm might have a "good" beer too add, but do I take a GOOD beer out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe