CANBIF: Fall 2019!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Electros, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Electros

Electros Poo-Bah (1,549) Feb 20, 2007 Ontario (Canada)
    Society

The season is changing with the days getting longer, temperature colder, and all the little woodland creatures preparing for a long winters nap. So it must be time for the CANBIF: Fall 2019 edition!

Always a great trade this is also great opportunity for a great experience for those new to trading/CANBIF and those returning.

So here are the nuts and bolts of CANBIF; the rules... Please and I stress this greatly to care to read through and understand the the rules/details of how we intend to proceed. Please read them in detail so there is no confusion of expectations and if you can meet them, especially the specfic dates:

• Registration: Email/conversation sent to Electros with full address (City, Province, post code ), phone number and personal email before midnight on September 30th, 2019. This is for your sender as well as emgency contact purposes for myself.
    • Participants who have never traded need to inform me and I would advise on acquiring a styro shipper.
    • Please also inform me if you have regular trading partner on BA.
    • Pairing will be available by October 2nd, 2019, at the lastest. PLEASE at this point reconfirm one last time all information in regards to your shipping address is CORRECT. Pairing consideration is given to previous participants on the basis of where they have sent and recieved in previous rounds. A balance is always tried to be struck in regards to the above and to break down of participants geographically. All are choosen at random. Anyone that is interested in a second box please indicate this in the first email to me and I will take it into consideration. Also know that your targent is not your sender. 1 sends to 2, 2 to 3 and so on.
    • There should be no communication between target and sender. If there is any case for concern it ahould be relayed to myself. This is a surprise of who/where your sender it shipping from. Everyone should post a likes/dislikes and preferences of styles that are your favourites. Your sender will try to go off this as well as your BA reviews/ratings. Also if you have an untappd profile please share everthing and post it!
    • You must be willing to ship between October 3rd, 2019 and the October 18th, 2019(weather permitting). If there is any question that this shipping date cannot be met I would appreciate a consideration of not signing up for this round.
    • Amount of beers to be sent: Participants are expected at a minimum to fill a 12 slot styro shipper with a minimum of 8 x 650 ml and 4 x 341/355 ml containers or a mixture of sizes that are equal to this (6564ml). There is no maximum fill levels. That is left to the discretion of the sender. At least half of the bottles should be local to your home province. The rest can be an assortment of other provinces/USA.
    • Anyone that is new to CANBIF please use google to easily look up previous rounds for a feel of the festivities, and what to expect.
    • Swag is not required, but is optional.
    • Once you've sent your box put to your target I ask that you send the tracking code to me.
    Please let myself know if you have any questions/concerns and also maintain communication when needed.

Again, anyone new to Canbif I suggest googling previous rounds to get a feel of the what the experience is like and if it is right for you.

To all those who are returning; welcome back, and to those new; welcome!

So... let's get it on!

remsad likes this.
  2. remsad

remsad Initiate (150) Jan 29, 2018 Quebec (Canada)
    Society Trader

I'm in!

Electros likes this.
  3. Electros

Society

Also please post a number between 1 - 100 for the beer draw. A number will be drawn out of a hat by my lovely assistant and the lucky BA will get a surprise beer from my cellar. Cheers all!

remsad likes this.
  4. GRM

GRM Initiate (22) May 10, 2008 Quebec (Canada)

I am in.

Big thanks to Electros for organizing this one more time.

And I will go with 53.

remsad and Electros like this.
  5. fiery1

fiery1 Initiate (48) Sep 16, 2015 British Columbia (Canada)

woot, I'm in...

as for my number choice, clearly I choose the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life... 42

6. Oleksandr_Bogachov

Oleksandr_Bogachov Initiate (15) Apr 13, 2019 Ontario (Canada)

I am in. Thank you, Electros.
    And my lucky one is 22.

7. Electros

Society

Hey np, glad to have all of you back!

8. remsad

remsad Initiate (150) Jan 29, 2018 Quebec (Canada)
    Society Trader

It will be the number 4!

Electros likes this.
  9. Electros

Society

6 signed up so far!

remsad likes this.
  10. Ferris

Ferris Initiate (70) Apr 23, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)

I'm in and #2

Electros likes this.
  11. mlegge1029

mlegge1029 Initiate (34) Oct 14, 2017 Nova Scotia (Canada)
    Trader

Count me in!

Lucky number 11

Electros likes this.
  12. CurtisD

CurtisD Devotee (404) Aug 16, 2012 New Brunswick (Canada)

I’m in again. I’ll take 79!

Electros likes this.
  13. ABeerHoarder

ABeerHoarder Initiate (39) Oct 18, 2014 Ontario (Canada)

I'm in again too. I loved the experience last time and got some great beers. Thanks Electros. I choose #4.

LIKES: Coffee in beer! Like everyone else on here, I enjoy old ales, barleywines, and BBA stouts that aren't diabetes sweet. I'd be happy with anything barrel-aged that isn't stomach-dissolvingly acidic or tastes of diacetyl. I like quads/dubels, but not tripels. Anything dry and clean. Well-made or innovative mead (Schramm's, B. Nektar). Wee Heavies. Gimmie that crazy ABV shit.

DISLIKES: Smoked beers. Lactose in beers other than milk stout. Most spiced or fruited beer. Most recent IPAs - DIPAs are great, but not NE IPAs. I don't tend to like IPAs with a piney profile or hop burn/aggressive hopping either. As a rule, I tend find most lagers skunky.

You can find me on Untappd with the same username, and I'll send Electros a link to my cellar. Thanks man!

Electros likes this.
  14. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Aspirant (226) Feb 9, 2009 Manitoba (Canada)

I'm in and I'll pick 47 for my number.

LIKES: Sub-6% ABV IPA's, lambic, CDA's ,wild ales, saisons, etc. that I can crack with dinner, as well as higher ABV barrel aged stouts and the like that I can share and sip slowly with friends.

DISLIKES: I haven't had too many barelywines that I've liked. I also don't like milkshake IPA's that are zero carb and look like orange juice. :slight_smile: Also not a fan of (D)IPA's and the like that are 8%+ ABV.

darcyk and Electros like this.
  15. Electros

Society

12 signed up so far!

16. darcyk

darcyk Initiate (75) Jul 15, 2014 Ontario (Canada)

I’m in. Please count me in for 2 boxes, if possible.

Thank you!

Electros likes this.
  17. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Savant (914) Apr 21, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

I enjoyed the recent cellar version, but the timing of this one is bad for me. I’ll actually be on a beer trip for most of the shipping window so will stock up for the next one.

Electros likes this.
  18. Electros

Society

Where are going?!

19. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Savant (914) Apr 21, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

Just driving around New York State. Planning to visit Mortalis, Plan Bee, Suarez, Hudson Valley, Equilibrium, and then a bunch of the Brooklyn stops. Probably a little Easter Pennsylvania too.

Electros likes this.
  20. Electros

Society

To everyone that has signed up so far if you have any friends on BA that you think would enjoy this trade pass the information along.

Also a reminder to everyone please do check your BA inboxes on a regular basis throughout or set up the feature that when you have a new message a notification is sent to your private email.

Thanks!

21. AMad88

AMad88 Initiate (31) Jan 26, 2019 New Brunswick (Canada)
    Trader

Sign me up.

Number 67.

Thanks to Electros for organizing this once again.

Electros likes this.