CANBIF: Fall 2019!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Electros, Sep 7, 2019.

1. remsad

remsad Initiate (152) Jan 29, 2018 Quebec (Canada)
    Society Trader

For my second target, We may know me already... maybe!

You'r living on a street where the name is common everywhere.

You'r not far way from my home but I would prefer to take a direct flight from my place.

I'm pretty sure you will enjoy my selection.

Bonne journée

Electros and Phyl21ca like this.
  2. Ferris

Ferris Initiate (71) Apr 23, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)

Box 1 of 2 has just left.

To my recipient, the first box has many things you are looking for but alas where I am from that about covers everything I could get my hands on. The second box will be a mixed bag.

Going pretty far, may be the longest journey I have sent beer on in Canbif. My recipient seems to love everything in a barrel.

3. sebado

sebado Initiate (71) Aug 18, 2011 Ontario (Canada)

My target will receive his beers in two boxes. One box will arrive later since it has decided to stop at Charm School in your city....hihihi!

Boxes were sent today!

#83 sebado, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Teethoflions, Electros and Phyl21ca like this.
  4. Ferris

Ferris Initiate (71) Apr 23, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)

Box 1 just arrive and some fun cans to try

I assume this is coming from our wonderful organizer Electros
    [​IMG]

Phyl21ca, Teethoflions and Electros like this.
  5. Electros

Electros Poo-Bah (1,560) Feb 20, 2007 Ontario (Canada)
    Society

:grin::wink:

Phyl21ca likes this.
  6. Oakes

Oakes Initiate (18) Jul 12, 2006 British Columbia (Canada)

To my shipper: I'm on a different site and have had a lot of beer, and am looking for new things to try. But the good news is that I'm really just looking for tasty beer, regardless of style.

Phyl21ca, Teethoflions and Electros like this.
  7. GavinStewart

GavinStewart Initiate (37) Apr 9, 2017 Nova Scotia (Canada)

I'm waaaay too late getting to this to really make any requests, suffice to say that I'm a fan of beer and assume you are too, so if you think it's good send it on over. And as before, the occasional truly horrendous decision is worth a try and a laugh.

Phyl21ca, Electros and Teethoflions like this.
  8. jk1985

jk1985 Initiate (30) Apr 3, 2017 Nova Scotia (Canada)

I'm late checking in, but:

To my sender - I like just about anything well made. I enjoy trying new beers but am always happy to have something classic too! I've mostly stopped ticking - just send me stuff you think is great.

To my target - I won't send you a certain brown ale :wink: It's namesake is east of me, but you are west of me.... You can expect some tasty beers from good ol' Nova Scotia - I know nothing about your tastes so far, hopefully you weigh in by Tuesday (hopefully) when I send my box to you.

Electros and Phyl21ca like this.
  9. bylerteck

bylerteck Poo-Bah (3,217) May 17, 2009 Ontario (Canada)
    Society

To the benefit of both me and my target, I'm heading to Vermont on Monday and will have to delay my shipping by a day or two. Sorry not sorry.

10. Electros

Society

11. fiery1

fiery1 Initiate (48) Sep 16, 2015 British Columbia (Canada)

well might be late for my sender...
    Been switching to ratebeer, but still keep checkins going on untappd
    https://untappd.com/user/Fiery1/beers
    https://www.ratebeer.com/user/385424/beer-ratings/

I'm essentially after new beers. I may sway towards the dark side, loving anything rich, sweet, barrel-aged or adjuncted to high heaven... but again, really I'm open to everything new!

To my target... heading out of town this weekend, so your box will be departing when I'm back Tuesday... you appear to live near someone who used to live 'out here'... they recently had some 'fun' with a package heading my way... I'll assume you guys may drink together... so should be a fun box coming!!!

Tmappin, remsad and Electros like this.
  12. remsad

remsad Initiate (152) Jan 29, 2018 Quebec (Canada)
    Society Trader

My second box landed yesterday! I'm pretty excited to see feedback :slight_smile:

Electros likes this.
  13. ABeerHoarder

ABeerHoarder Initiate (50) Oct 18, 2014 Ontario (Canada)

Got my first shipment. A bunch of beers I'm excited to try, and only one from a brewery I've even heard of!

Uploading is too hard, but they look amazing.

remsad and Electros like this.
  14. Electros

Society

Pictures are hard on this site, if you can't a list is fine. :grin:

remsad likes this.
  15. Electros

Society

Happy thanksgiving to one and all. Advance polling stations for election are open all weekend. Exercise your right to vote!

I posted likes/dislikes in an early post but I didn't mention I am on untappd now too under the name Devistator. I anyone wants to add me to your list fire away.

Cheers all!

remsad likes this.
  16. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Savant (934) Apr 21, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

I find this to be the easiest way.

On your phone’s browser, go to postimage.org

click ‘choose image.’

Click ‘photo library.’

click the photo you want to use. Once it is loaded, scroll down and select ‘direct link’

come back to Beer Advocate, use the photo icon above the typing box, and paste the image link in the box that pops up. Click insert, and voila!

dabeerbuddha, remsad and Electros like this.
  17. Electros

Society

:fire:Bombs away!:beers:

remsad likes this.
  18. CurtisD

CurtisD Devotee (404) Aug 16, 2012 New Brunswick (Canada)

To my sender: So sorry for posting so late, life has been crazy. The good news is, I am not fussy! If it's local to you and you think it's worth sharing, I would love to try it!

My "hads" are sadly not up to date on here, but my Untappd is up to date at https://untappd.com/user/curtismoncton/beers .

That being said, I am posting this likely after you've done your shopping. Rest assured I am more than happy to drink something again!

19. GRM

GRM Initiate (23) May 10, 2008 Quebec (Canada)

Going beer shopping this afternoon. The plan is to ship the box out this Tuesday.

The box is going to a person that has an uneven number of participants in this round of CANBIF...