CANBIF: From the Cellar, 2020!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Electros, May 15, 2020.

1. westcoastbeergeek

westcoastbeergeek Initiate (196) Sep 16, 2015 Canada

To my target - the box magically made it's way to Ontario and is now 25km away from your porch, possible delivery in the next couple of days, perhaps before Canada Day?

remsad, bdemarco and Electros like this.
  2. mook32911

mook32911 Initiate (49) Oct 23, 2013 Montana
    Trader

Big thanks to BDemarco! Box arrived today! Can't wait to dig into these!

Sawdust City - Titania 2016
    Le Trou du Diable - L'Ours 2016
    Nickel Brook - Kentucky Bastard 2015
    Evil Twin - Even More Jesus
    Bellwoods - Bring Out Your Dead 2016
    3 Fonteinen - Oude Kriek Assemblage 58 2018

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

remsad, tbadiuk, Coronaeus and 3 others like this.
  3. bdemarco

bdemarco Initiate (58) Aug 6, 2015 Canada

Glad to see it arrive ahead of schedule! Enjoy!

4. westcoastbeergeek

Update - delivered today. Ok that's a 3 business day regular parcel delivery from BC to Ontario, that's a record right? Some has a big ol box of beer at their front door.

remsad, Electros and Coronaeus like this.
  5. wordemupg

wordemupg Poo-Bah (4,207) Feb 11, 2009 Canada
    Society Trader

One of my targets sent out a beer to his target that I was planning on sending to him..........??
    For boys living out East they've sure had their fair share of beers from the West, especially my target that does live in Ontario........ Seriously though they've tried many of the beers I had planned on sending, at least they have basically the same preferences making my life a little easier while I'm out shopping.:sunglasses:

6. Electros

Electros Poo-Bah (1,980) Feb 20, 2007 Canada
    Moderator Society Trader

I kinda want to drink that High Life! My front porch as well as a large portion of my drive and one of my garage doors has been obliterated. I am at a loss for words. A massive thanks to @westcoastbeergeek ! Stay tuned...

remsad and westcoastbeergeek like this.
  7. Oleksandr_Bogachov

Oleksandr_Bogachov Initiate (17) Apr 13, 2019 Canada

Dropped my box to CP tonight.

First hint. My target has sent me Canbif beer before. Our beer preferences are very close.

8. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Meyvn (1,074) Apr 21, 2014 Canada
    Trader

To my target, I have a box ready but my wife started a new job last week and my ability to get out to the post office has been affected. I should be able to send it off either later this week, or else on Monday.

If you like this post I’ll toss in this can which I think is great. Smoke! Cans don’t count towards the bottle total, do they?

[​IMG]

mook32911, remsad, fiery1 and 4 others like this.
  9. Tmappin

Tmappin Aspirant (202) Sep 25, 2008 Canada
    Trader

Going to ship out my box in the next few days, that being said if my target likes this post I will include a mixed ferm saison I brewed. Its one of my favorite things that I have brewed in a while, its a few years old and should age gracefully for another couple years.

10. AMad88

AMad88 Initiate (32) Jan 26, 2019 Canada
    Trader

My box landed in a very blue western province today. I had hoped that my target would receive the shipment for Canada Day, but it should be delivered by the end of week at the very latest.

A couple final clues that should tip off my target, or at least narrow it down to a select few.

- This years summer solstice brought about 17 h 33 m of sunlight to your city.
    - Home to the largest annual exhibition of it's kind (sadly cancelled this year).
    - You probably know what Chinook winds are.

These will likely be my final clues. Hopefully everything is received in short order and in pristine shape.

Keep those pics coming people!

11. lotek888

lotek888 Initiate (16) Apr 21, 2020 Canada

To my target in Ontario...Canada Post says the package was delivered yesterday...did you get it?

remsad and Electros like this.
  12. cfrancis

cfrancis Initiate (192) Jun 15, 2009 Canada

Getting the box together to be sent out hopefully end of week. Tough sledding finding some things as no one is making big beers right now around me. Everyone is ripping out beer as fast as they can. Going to have to deplete my cellar a bit for these and my target is going to enjoy in my tears of letting a few of these go.

Hint. Headed to a province with less COVID than mine. Also in a province that I had planned on doing a summer vacay there this year but now.........probably not.

13. Electros

Moderator Society Trader

I am completely blown away by the generosity and selection by this kind Sir: @westcoastbeergeek

The front of my house has been left smoldering.

Also I was rather speechless when the dust settled.

This was totally unexpected and massive, so I want to say this in return... watch your mailbox. You will be getting a care package. :wink:

The line up:

Browerij Kees: Barrel Project 18.13.
    The Brewery: So Happens It's TUESDAY.
    Russian River: Damnation, 2017.
    Deschutes Brewery: Mirror Mirror, 2014.
    Gigantic Brewing Company: Most Most Premium RIS.
    Oskar Blues: Ten Fidy BA.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68712023@N06/50060765222/in/album-72157714912376371/

Sierra Nevada: Bigfoot Ale 2014.
    Goose Island Bourbon County Stout 2013.
    Boulevard Brewing: Dark Truth.
    Driftwood: Old Cellar Dweller, 2013.
    Central City: Imperial Porter BA.
    Driftwood: Singularity 2014.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68712023@N06/50060521056/in/album-72157714912376371/

Honourable mention:

Another Brewing Company: Deep thoughts Triple IPA.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68712023@N06/50060769152/in/album-72157714912376371/

Hilarious mention that will be sent to a CANBIF Fall 2020 target;

15 year old Miller High Life!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68712023@N06/50060524381/in/album-72157714912376371

Thank you again to @westcoastbeergeek!

Cheers!

14. wordemupg

Society Trader

I got a box today from AMad88 (I think):slight_smile:

I managed to post a pic for the last Canbif but I'm struggling with it today..............anyways......

2 Crows Hayward Peach Brandy Barrel Aged sour with Kiwi
    Firestone Sucaba 2019
    Tatamagouche Brewing Altered Belgian Triple
    The Bruery 2016 White Oak
    Hammond River Brewing Quicksand Jesus Whiskey Barrel Aged 2019
    Niche Brewing Bridget Barrel aged Saison with Rhubarb

Some interesting brews for sure, nice mix of styles I like, should be good times ahead for me............

Cheers

ABeerHoarder, remsad, AMad88 and 2 others like this.
  15. Electros

Moderator Society Trader

Happy Canada Day tomorrow everyone!

16. westcoastbeergeek

Have fun working through that box! LOL to whomever gets that Miller High Life next.

Electros likes this.
  17. Electros

Moderator Society Trader

Still resisting the urge to not drink it. Lol.

remsad and westcoastbeergeek like this.
  18. Electros

Moderator Society Trader

19. bottlecollector

bottlecollector Initiate (46) Mar 28, 2017 Canada

been slow shipping my box, but its out today so if you waiting it shouldn't be long.

20. wordemupg

Society Trader

Two boxes dropped off this morning.
    One would take 32 hours of driving time from Calgary passing through several States and the second would see me drive 40 hours without leaving Canada..........

remsad and Electros like this.
  21. AMad88

AMad88 Initiate (32) Jan 26, 2019 Canada
    Trader

Received a box today from I believe @Ferris

Here's the list from L to R

Four Winds - Nectarous (2015)
    Four Winds - Pomona (2016)
    Four Winds x The Commons Brewery - Common Winds (2015)
    Hair of the Dog - Adam (2015)
    Alley Kat - Olde Deuteronomy (2016)
    De Struise Brouwers - Pannepot Grand Reserva (2005)
    2x Thomas Hardy's Ale (2006/2008)
    Twin Sails x Boombox - Heavy Weight Champ (2018)

[​IMG]

Thank you very much sir, I cannot wait to get into some of these beauties!

22. remsad

remsad Aspirant (220) Jan 29, 2018 Canada
    Society Trader

BCBS 2013, You will love it for sure!

westcoastbeergeek and Electros like this.
  23. Electros

Moderator Society Trader

A reminder that the ship by window is one week away ending on July 10th. If anyone is not going to able to meet that please email. Also a few boxes have landed and some excited senders haven't seen a post. Please post or if your not able to at the moment shoot me an email to say everything landed alright. Cheers all.

westcoastbeergeek likes this.
  24. Oleksandr_Bogachov

If CP is accurate in their estimations my target will receive some goodies today.

25. Tmappin

Tmappin Aspirant (202) Sep 25, 2008 Canada
    Trader

26. Ferris

Ferris Initiate (78) Apr 23, 2013 Canada

Hope you enjoy. The Common Winds was a bit of a gusher, so be prepared.

27. remsad

remsad Aspirant (220) Jan 29, 2018 Canada
    Society Trader

My god I've got the first box this morning and I'm really impressed. This is the kind of box I'm looking for and by chance, I didn't try any of them. Thank you @Oleksandr_Bogachov I will enjoy them really!!

[​IMG]

28. MasterSki

MasterSki Poo-Bah (6,747) Dec 25, 2006 Canada
    Moderator Society

So I *finally* got my box packed for a long journey to one of the most distant locations to which I can possibly ship (at least until we get some territories BIFers).

My target was a serious challenge - I think he's had more beers than I have - and I wanted to put together a box of all new items for him. I finally put together 7(!) bottles that he hasn't reviewed on his platform of choice; two of the beers don't have any reviews at all and I think all of them have less than 23.

Some fun facts:
    Oldest beer is 2015, newest is 2020
    Highest ABV is 13.5%, lowest is 4.5%
    All different-ish styles
    4 from Ontario, 3 from the US
    There are 5 different fruits used.
    Untappd scores range 4.05 to 4.63

The reason I sent 7 bottles is because I was 20ml under the required amount with 6, and one of the beers isn't a beer. If my target doesn't like it, he's welcome to return the box. ;-)

Will drop it off on Monday with CP. I think the wait will be worth it.

Coronaeus, remsad, Tmappin and 6 others like this.
  29. bdemarco

bdemarco Initiate (58) Aug 6, 2015 Canada

Thanks Ted B from Winnipeg (I'm sorry I can't find your UN on here :slight_frown: ) Some of these beers have been around longer than I've been drinking craft beer! Will be good to revisit the Skeleton Key.

[​IMG]

Brouwerij Boon: Oude Kriek Boon 2008!!
    De Struise Brouwers: Cuvée Delphine 2012
    Founders: Frangelic Mountain Brown
    Brouwerij Lindemans: Oude Kriek Cuvée René 2012
    Bellwoods: Skeleton Key 2016
    Brouwerij Boon: Kriek Mariage Parfait 2008

30. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Aspirant (235) Feb 9, 2009 Canada
    Trader

You're welcome! Yeah, I'm a bit of a pack rat when it comes to beer, and I've been at this for a while so...:sunglasses:

bdemarco, remsad and Electros like this.
  31. MasterSki

MasterSki Poo-Bah (6,747) Dec 25, 2006 Canada
    Moderator Society

Got a sweet box from @mook32911

2019 Barrel Aged Hack Weight
    2019 Old Cellar Dweller
    2018 Olde Deuteronomy
    2017 Yorkshire Stingo
    2016 3F Geuze
    2016 Greybeard

Excited to dip into these malty bois (and lambic) after the heatwave dies down (or very late at night).
    Appreciate the effort in hitting those BiL and adjacent urges. Thank you good sir!

[​IMG]

32. ABeerHoarder

ABeerHoarder Initiate (52) Oct 18, 2014 Canada

Okay, sooo my (BC?) shipper was a true gentleman who I knew I'd like from the first bottle opened. I had my doubts when I saw a box labelled "B33R" in big letters (Ontario CP are puritans) but this was an extremely well-packed box.

In order I found...
    • 2015 Fred From the Wood - Hair of the Dog ( a great beer that I get at every Cask Days, but have never had cellared or from the bottle)
    • 2015 Bommen & Granaten - Brouwerij De Molen (this beer f**ks)
    • 2017(?) Rum BA Stout w/ coffee et al - Twin Sails (I mostly drink beer for the coffee, so...)
    So far this guy is batting 1.000.
    • 2016 Verdi Imperial Stout - Birrificio Del Ducato (I haven't had enough Italian beers, and Morano family only brings in their funky and fruited stuff, o I'm excited for this.)
    • 2015 Fred From the Wood - Hair of the Dog (these guys really can't do wrong, excited to try this)
    • Foreword - Coalesce Brewing Company (Bottled by Twin Sails. I've only heard of these guys, been wanting to try them.)
    • 2016 Vanilla Cherry Dogpatch - Alamanac
    • 2005(!) Pannepot Grand Reserva Vintage - Deca Brewery (A Belgium brew I've never heard of!)
    And the whole time I was unpacking these, I could see two 750s from Four Winds peaking through.
    • 2015 Nectarous (a classic beer from a top brewery)
    • 2015 Wildflower (I'm pretty stoked to try this)
    Whoever you are, deep thanks. And excellent taste! I used to trade almost exclusively with BC dudes, so this is a very welcome care package. If you're ever looking for a permanent relationship...

I'll try to get pics up later.

Teethoflions, tbadiuk, AMad88 and 3 others like this.
  33. Oleksandr_Bogachov

Glad that you enjoyed it :slight_smile: Checked your UT to be sure that you at least haven't checked these beers.

Electros likes this.
  34. wordemupg

Society Trader

The box that had the longest journey has been delivered according to the tracking number :slight_smile:

The box heading for Ontario however hasn't had a tracking number update since the day I dropped it off :rolling_eyes:

Electros likes this.
  35. ABeerHoarder

ABeerHoarder Initiate (52) Oct 18, 2014 Canada

The box I'm shipping to the east coast nomad is on its way.

Tmappin, Teethoflions and Electros like this.
  36. wordemupg

Society Trader

Got another box in the mail today!!!
    Not sure who the sender was.......initials M.P. from London, Cheers!!!

2016 Unibroue Grande Reserve 17
    2019 Merit Brewing Co BB Imperial Stout
    2015 Cascade Sang Du Chene
    2018 Bellwoods Donkey Venom
    2019 Half Hours On Earth Dialogue With The Stars
    2020 Storm Stayed Brewing Co Fallow BW Aged In Red Wine Barrels

Interesting mix of styles for sure, pretty stoked to crack some of these bad boys!!

Electros likes this.
  37. Electros

Moderator Society Trader

Hello all.

Tomorrow is the ship by deadline and they are still boxes out there in transit some haven't answered messages they have shipped yet. Please if you haven't shipped as well as recieved a box for my record could you please give me a shout.

Thanks!

MasterSki likes this.
  38. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Meyvn (1,074) Apr 21, 2014 Canada
    Trader

Box received this morning. From the return address and previous thread hints I’m going to thank @wordemupg for the box. I haven’t had a chance to open it yet but will post contents photos and further thanks later today.

To my target: apologies for the lack of activity the past week. My wife began a new job very recently and I’ve taken over full time parenting responsibilities for out 3 year old twins on top of my own pretend to work from home responsibilities. I keep missing the post office before it closes for the day. The box will go out either today or tomorrow.

Also, as you liked a previous post of mine, that extra can is all packed up.

Thanks for the patience.

wordemupg and Electros like this.
  39. Ferris

Ferris Initiate (78) Apr 23, 2013 Canada

Glad you liked the box. I have a large cellar, but it was mostly lambic so dark picks were a bit hard. Sorry about the Almanac, forgot about your dislike of acidic fruited sours. If you have never had corked and caged Nectarous you are in for a treat. Very different than the currant can offering and still holds up after 5 years. If you have any questions on the beers, let me know and if you want to continue the relationship, send me a PM